Forums > Personal > Vice President Cheney mistakes man for quail, and shoots him...

forum rss feed
Author

.DeaconJohn. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 437 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Feb 06, 17:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And we thought John Prescot was dangerous with his boxing antics....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4707354.stm

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 12 Feb 06, 18:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Shhhh! Be bewwy quiet. I'm hunting wibberals.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts

Posted: 12 Feb 06, 19:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If there's any justice in the world, it will be a gun given to him by the NRA.

DJ's the man we love the most
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18636 posts

Posted: 12 Feb 06, 19:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Haha, you guys are hilarious!

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
beautifulsoup user not visiting Queenzone.com
beautifulsoup
Royalty: 1797 posts

Posted: 12 Feb 06, 21:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He's a Republican...

"You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely." - Ogden Nash
beautifulsoup user not visiting Queenzone.com
beautifulsoup
Royalty: 1797 posts

Posted: 12 Feb 06, 21:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

double post. fucking computer! *#$&*&#%

"You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely." - Ogden Nash
That guy who digs energy domes user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5020 posts

Posted: 12 Feb 06, 22:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Edit. HOLY SHIT! Thats funny!

Freedom of choice is what you've got

Freedom from choice is what you want

http://queen4ever.19.forumer.com/index.php
jcrawford79 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 762 posts

Posted: 12 Feb 06, 22:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen Of Wrestling<h6>Jamie's Bitch</h6> wrote:

Im sorry but I cant help laughing. What tabloid was that from now?

Tabloid?? No. Try CNN, MSNBC, and all the other major news networks. Its been all over the news all day long.

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 13 Feb 06, 11:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He just wanted to bring democracy for that poor guy...

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 13 Feb 06, 16:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He was aiming for weapons of mass destruction.

He got one.

Crazy LittleThing user not visiting Queenzone.com
Crazy LittleThing
Royalty: 1593 posts

Posted: 13 Feb 06, 16:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What? He shot DAN QUAYLE?

I saved Spike's life in 'Nam.
Music Man user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2346 posts

Posted: 13 Feb 06, 16:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Crazy LittleThing wrote:

What? He shot DAN QUAYLE?

Now THAT would have made for an interesting headline!

Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
FreddiesGhettoTrench user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1624 posts

Posted: 13 Feb 06, 18:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It was just an accident. And Cheney has been extremely apologetic. He must feel absolutely awful. I'm just glad Mr. Wittington is okay. Cheney did everything expected of him and was reportedly right there helping Mr. Wittington every step of the way.

"Brian May, Freddie will."
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 13 Feb 06, 19:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That guy could be dead right now. Of course the Bush Administration and the NRA will be more than ready to support each other on this issue, and remind Americans that guns are not dangerous.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
yamaha user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 314 posts

Posted: 13 Feb 06, 19:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The issue that all the media outlets seem to be whining about is the time that elapsed between the accidental gunshot and the time that it was reported to the media.

My opinion is that the media didn't need to even hear about the incident as it was not of any importance to anyone other than Vice President Cheney, the Lawyer who was shot, and his family. The property owner that the hunting party was on was given the choice to releasse the news, and she decided to alert her local newspaper.

Posted: 13 Feb 06, 19:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

That guy could be dead right now. Of course the Bush Administration along with the NRA will be more than happy to say that it was an accident, and guns are not dangerous.

Was it not an accident? Are you going to say that this is another right-wing conspiracy?

Did anyone say that guns are not dangerous?

<TedNugent> The best safety device for guns is a combination of respect and education</TedNugent>

Mr.Jingles

Posted: 13 Feb 06, 19:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry, but the last person someone should be taking advice from is Ted Nugent. I don't care how much "education" he wants to put into the hunting issue, but the whole thought of someone shooting a living creature for the sake of leisure or entertainment is just sick.

Posted: 13 Feb 06, 20:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

Sorry, but the last person someone should be taking advice from is Ted Nugent. I don't care how much "education" he wants to put into the hunting issue, but the whole thought of someone shooting a living creature for the sake of leisure or entertainment is just sick.

Mr. Jingles, please don't think that I am attacking you in a few of these threads. You actually seem to be one of the good ones regarding honest and friendly debates. Thank you for making QueenZone one of the best places to discuss world/domestic politics.

Ol Teddy always seems to take more from his kills than just giggles. Ted has made it clear the the animals that he hunts are used for food/clothing.

At least where I'm from (Pennsylvania), there is a strict limit on the number of species that you may take at any one time. Taking more than the limit is punishable as poaching. For some species, it is illegal to take even one animal and others only one per hunting season. It may be a surprise to some people, but the laws and regulations regarding hunting are handled on a state by state basis, andare very thorough. If you are interested, here is a link the PA Game Commission ( http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/ ). In the end, there are always going to be those who disagree with the idea of hunting. People should realize, however, that someone is at least giving some chance for the animals. That is what makes hunting a challange. The laws are enforced with fines and even jail time for offenders.

Mr.Jingles

Posted: 13 Feb 06, 20:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm very glad we can have a calm and respectful debate without taking things to extremes. Some people here have already made their choice to take things to a personal level.

Now, the main reason why I'm personally against hunting is because this is a "sport" where there's a countless number of times when an animal is shot and left slowly agonizing to death. To me that's just incredibly cruel and heartless way to stop the life of a creature.
It seems very hypocritical to me that there are laws against animal cruelty, but they only apply to farm animals, pets, and wild animals living in zoos. If it's a matter of population control, the job should be given to professionals who are capable of shooting animals with tranquilizers before being killed. Of course, it's much cheaper for the government and local authorities to let people do the killing themselves.

FreddiesGhettoTrench user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1624 posts

Posted: 13 Feb 06, 21:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

That guy could be dead right now. Of course the Bush Administration and the NRA will be more than ready to support each other on this issue, and remind Americans that guns are not dangerous.

Accidents happen all the time. Two years ago my friend's sister broke her wrist closing a curtain for drama. That doesn't mean curtains shouldn't be used, it just means that, like everything, people should apply proper caution. Same with firearms.

"Brian May, Freddie will."