forum rss feed
Author

Mercury007 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 28 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Feb 06, 05:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi there

I am just wondering whether any of you can help me:

I would like to know what the musical notes are in the any of the synth parts (e.g at the intro of Ga Ga) - if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Andy

^

Andy Bragg

Bass Player and Lover of all Queen Songs!
Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6328 posts

Posted: 16 Feb 06, 07:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If you mean the synth-bass, I think it's merely bass-octaves. I might be wrong of course :)

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
vinny2256_ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 119 posts

Posted: 16 Feb 06, 07:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

something like F Gm(7) Bb then some other chords im unsure of, 9ths maybe. The chords F-->Bb are played over the words 'radio ga ga' in the chorus. sorry I dont know much about this song at all!

vinny

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 16 Feb 06, 07:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, I think that's the chords.
The bass thing at the start is just an F, right? Then after there's G, then A#... gah, I'm crap at this stuff but if I was in the same room I could play it to you.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Bohardy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2447 posts

Posted: 16 Feb 06, 13:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"You're not. First four notes of the scale, if I recall..."

- Talk about a contradiction in terms. Seb was stating that the synth-bass just repeats the same note (F) in different octaves (which is exactly what happens in the intro where it's purely percussion/synth-bass), whereas you seem to be saying, whilst simultaneously agreeing with Seb, that the synth-bass plays F,G,A and Bb.

Gullibility and credulity are considered undesirable qualities in every department of human life -- except religion.