forum rss feed
Author

Mercury007 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 28 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Feb 06, 05:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi there

I am just wondering whether any of you can help me:

I would like to know what the musical notes are in the any of the synth parts (e.g at the intro of Ga Ga) - if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

Andy

^

Andy Bragg

Bass Player and Lover of all Queen Songs!
Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6466 posts

Posted: 16 Feb 06, 07:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If you mean the synth-bass, I think it's merely bass-octaves. I might be wrong of course :)

John hated Hot Space. Fred's favourite singer was not Paul Rodgers. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Wales is not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
vinny2256_ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 119 posts

Posted: 16 Feb 06, 07:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

something like F Gm(7) Bb then some other chords im unsure of, 9ths maybe. The chords F-->Bb are played over the words 'radio ga ga' in the chorus. sorry I dont know much about this song at all!

vinny

john bodega user not visiting Queenzone.com
john bodega
Deity: 12715 posts

Posted: 16 Feb 06, 07:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, I think that's the chords.
The bass thing at the start is just an F, right? Then after there's G, then A#... gah, I'm crap at this stuff but if I was in the same room I could play it to you.

Bohardy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2456 posts

Posted: 16 Feb 06, 13:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"You're not. First four notes of the scale, if I recall..."

- Talk about a contradiction in terms. Seb was stating that the synth-bass just repeats the same note (F) in different octaves (which is exactly what happens in the intro where it's purely percussion/synth-bass), whereas you seem to be saying, whilst simultaneously agreeing with Seb, that the synth-bass plays F,G,A and Bb.

Gullibility and credulity are considered undesirable qualities in every department of human life -- except religion.