Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Pizza hut Queen surprises

forum rss feed
Author

TRS-Romania user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 650 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Feb 06, 02:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well ... it's not a very serious topic, but I wanted to share this with you ...

I went last sunday to Pizza Hut in Bucharest and during dinner they played ..."Lazing on a Sunday afternoon" ...10 minutes later "Love of my Life" and 20 minutes after that "These are the days of our Lives" ... I was royally amused (as Phoebe would say it)

Apart from that, I do visit the English Bar in Hilton here in Bucharest (nice ladies behind the bar) ... and gues what: they played "Greatest Hits 1 from beginning till end ... and then a Japan 1985 as well (Imagine hearing the live version of Tie Your Mother Down while zipping a whiskey) ... I gues somebody from the Hilton apparently likes Queen a lot ... :)

I have now convinced the girls (Mara and Adriana) from the Hilton to play some more Queen (well thats when I am there) ...and they do! :)

Anybody else has similar experiences of hearing Queen in this matter in public places? (meaning not the "hits" but the album songs) ...It always brings a smile on my face

Stefan

rogertaylor88 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 160 posts

Posted: 21 Feb 06, 10:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In the ceremony of sport prixes in my school greatest hits 3 sounded a lot, from the beginning until somebody to love...

Munchsack user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1770 posts

Posted: 21 Feb 06, 14:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Speaking of Pizza Hut Queen surprises...
http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/forumnew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q=725260

This can't end well.
Crazy LittleThing user not visiting Queenzone.com
Crazy LittleThing
Royalty: 1593 posts

Posted: 21 Feb 06, 17:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I went to a Nils Lofgren gig at The Birchmere in Alexandria, Virginia last Saturday night. (http://www.birchmere.com/) I arrived early to get a good table, and as I sat down at my table "We Will Rock You" was playing.

BTW . . . Nils and the boys were on fire that night.

I saved Spike's life in 'Nam.