Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > It is my belief that John would have left the band...

forum rss feed
Author

Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2393 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Feb 06, 07:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OK, so lets assume that Freddie was still here and Queen had continued touring.

I believe john was in such an uncertain state of mind by the early 90's that he would have left the band, or at the very least he would have refused to tour.

debate...

"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
pcgenius9 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 937 posts

Posted: 21 Feb 06, 07:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think whatever, Queen did pretty well because mot groups tend to split up and have members leave after about a year or so...

To have a top album out in 1973 and still have a top album out in 1991 is some achievement - with the same lineup.

Dislocate your spine...
The Flash Danny Project user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 166 posts

Posted: 21 Feb 06, 08:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We are good at speculating, aren't we?

Truth is, nobody knows what John would've done except John. Then again, nobody knows where Queen would be today if Freddie wasn't homosexual.

Insert stupid signature here
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 21 Feb 06, 09:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"if Freddie wasn't homosexual."

Possibly the stupidest thing I've read all day. AIDS kills both sides you know! :D

Granted, possibility of contraction from female to male is less likely, but there you have it - it does happen, and if Freddie was doing his usual shagging-like-rabbits act, he probably would've gotten something nasty anyway.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
boca user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 399 posts

Posted: 21 Feb 06, 09:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FLASH DANNY wrote:

if Freddie wasn't homosexual.

If Freddie wasn't homosexual, half of the songs, if not more, would never be done. Everything would be totally different. It would be totally different band

I think I'm banana tree...
-luke_taylor- 28432 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 664 posts

Posted: 21 Feb 06, 10:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If he did of left it wouldnt of been known to none queen fans, the only people out of queen that are known to none queen fans are freddie and brian, no one knows john or roger, only queen fans

purples a fruit
pcgenius9 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 937 posts

Posted: 21 Feb 06, 10:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That is a bit of a silly comment.

Dislocate your spine...
no one but you 28112 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 119 posts

Posted: 21 Feb 06, 13:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

boca wrote:

FLASH DANNY wrote:

if Freddie wasn't homosexual.

If Freddie wasn't homosexual, half of the songs, if not more, would never be done. Everything would be totally different. It would be totally different band

freddie probably wouldn't get aids if he wasn't gay

DavidRFuller user not visiting Queenzone.com
DavidRFuller
Bohemian: 965 posts

Posted: 21 Feb 06, 14:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think they just would have taken a break every couple of years.

TheImpossibleMan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 21 Feb 06, 15:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Assuming the only change is that Freddie lives, but everything else, like decreased session work and the ceasing of touring still happen, Queen would probably have stopped making albums by the mid-90's. I could see Freddie and Brian working on several solo albums. Maybe around the year 2000 they cut an album, but it isn't really up to their previous standards. Eventually, John retires and the Queen name is officially put to rest.

This is what you wanted, this is what you're going to get.
Sharon G. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 462 posts

Posted: 21 Feb 06, 19:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Togg wrote:

I believe john was in such an uncertain state of mind by the early 90's that he would have left the band, or at the very least he would have refused to tour.

debate...

agree.

Posted: 21 Feb 06, 21:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

"if Freddie wasn't homosexual."

Possibly the stupidest thing I've read all day. AIDS kills both sides you know! :D

Granted, possibility of contraction from female to male is less likely, but there you have it - it does happen, and if Freddie was doing his usual shagging-like-rabbits act, he probably would've gotten something nasty anyway.

Surely you must've read something stupider in some magazine or tabloid. Granted, AIDS isn't an exclusively homosexual thing, but I could put my own health on the line when I say that Freddie would still be with us today if he wasn't homosexual.

Posted: 21 Feb 06, 21:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Togg wrote:

debate...

What gave you the impression that John was thinking of leaving the band in the early 90s? He gave an interview whilst making the video of Days Of Our Lives and sounded quite thankful to still be recording. John was probably more of a businessman than a musician at that point in his career so it'd be slightly irrelevant whether or not he was getting bored with the band's musical output.

7Innuendo7 user not visiting Queenzone.com
7Innuendo7
Bohemian: 816 posts

Posted: 21 Feb 06, 22:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

maybe...john would do a solo project and have 3 hit singles? :D

When a red hot man meets a white hot lady, Hoop Diddy Diddy, Hoop Diddy Doo!
Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2393 posts

Posted: 22 Feb 06, 04:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FLASH DANNY wrote:

Togg wrote:

debate...

What gave you the impression that John was thinking of leaving the band in the early 90s? He gave an interview whilst making the video of Days Of Our Lives and sounded quite thankful to still be recording. John was probably more of a businessman than a musician at that point in his career so it'd be slightly irrelevant whether or not he was getting bored with the band's musical output.

He also stated several times how he was going through a "very uncertain time in his life" and it is well known he didn't like touring and being away from the family.

Couple that with the fact he has now hung up his bass and left the music business, I don't think it's a huge leap to make.

But I am not second guessing, just debating.

"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
kdj2hot user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 965 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 06, 19:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Togg your reasoning is brain dead. Why would John refuse to tour? He would've stuck with it as long as the others stuck with it. Their touring schedules probably would've slowed anyway because most of them (except Freddie) had family obligations. He wasn't the only one.

Also of note, saying it's extremely not wise to throw out that AIDS kill on both sides. It's very logical to reason that if Freddie wasn't engaging in homosexual activities he would nit have contracted AIDS but if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle so why speculate.

ok.computer user not visiting Queenzone.com
ok.computer
Bohemian: 600 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 06, 21:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

kdj2hot wrote:

if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle so why speculate.

Actually, if your aunt had balls I'd feel sorry for your uncle.

"Just tryin' to have a little fun, folks..."
Ready_Coddie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 198 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 06, 23:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The fuck you mean if he wasn't gay...

note: Homosexuality is in the Genes, its not a state of mind which can be controlled.

He tried to surpress his feelings but eventually came out and become far more confident and happy with himself.

I think we should support AIDS victims and work on eradicating the disease if we are actually angry

Freddie Mercury

*** 1946 - Forever in our hearts ***

Posted: 23 Feb 06, 23:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ready_Coddie wrote:

Homosexuality is in the Genes, its not a state of mind which can be controlled.

I know this is way OT, but is that a scientific fact? I thought homosexuality was the result of having some kind of supressed or traumatic early childhood or something, at least that's what Freud thought. By that reckoning, I think Freddie had it pretty hard when he won that baby photo competition. Just imagine -- you can't even hold a pen and people are already bombarding you for autographs! That's got to leave a mark...

Wilki Amieva user not visiting Queenzone.com
We must all HEAR to believe
Wilki Amieva
Royalty: 1422 posts

Posted: 25 Feb 06, 23:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh my Gosh, what a bunch of ignorant commentaries we have here!!! I just cannot believe this.