Forums > Queen - General Discussion > The first queen album in over ten years!

forum rss feed
Author

mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2770 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Feb 06, 04:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is it, I read queen will release a new album. how will it sell?...will it be welcomed by fans, or will queen fans feel brian and roger are making a mockery of the queen name?...Is this news true or false?...My opinion is mixed, I'm glad brian and roger are working together, and Im curious to see what kind of material they came up with. On the negative, brian and roger have made some bad choices since 1991, why do they insist on using the queen name?...Once upon a time I was proud to be a queen fan, knowing my favorite band was the only band in history (I think) that had all of it's original members from their first to last album, thanks to brian and roger they ruined that cherished legacy forever.

Thanks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 615 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 06, 05:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

WUM

If not...LINK?

The Mir@cle user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Mir@cle
Deity: 3543 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 06, 05:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/news_view.aspx?news_id=3524

My opinion is clear. I don't care how it will be welcomes, but I'm gonna get it :D

I got to try al little more,

because I'm an asshole but I'm learning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTLkUcQ7QY
Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2393 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 06, 05:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wonderful news, I hope it's correct I think it could prove to be a great album, Paul Rogers has some of my favorite songs under his belt and I look forward to what he will bring to the band.

The only sad thing is we are now going to get inundated with numpties who can't string a sentence together and can only think about bashing it.

Oh well.

"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
The Flash Danny Project user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 166 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 06, 06:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If the rumours are true, why don't Brian, Roger and Mr. Rodgers just form a new f*cking band already and let the Queen banner retain an ounce of credibility? If you're out performing Queen and Bad Company songs, it PROBABLY is logical to call yourself Queen + Rodgers... but why the hell would you insist on using the Queen name when you're recording brand new material that has nothing to do with the musicians' previous glories?

Insert stupid signature here
zaiga user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 385 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 06, 06:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Could it simply be a live CD from their US tour?

Flick of the wrist
Great King Sam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 65 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 06, 06:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Flash Danny Project wrote:

If the rumours are true, why don't Brian, Roger and Mr. Rodgers just form a new f*cking band already and let the Queen banner retain an ounce of credibility? If you're out performing Queen and Bad Company songs, it PROBABLY is logical to call yourself Queen + Rodgers... but why the hell would you insist on using the Queen name when you're recording brand new material that has nothing to do with the musicians' previous glories?

Maybe because it is Brian and Roger, who are what we "have left" of Queen, performing with Paul Rodgers, e.g. Queen plus Paul Rodgers.

Quite simple when you're not so close-minded.

i'll think of a signature later...
KillerQueen_1991 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 34 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 06, 06:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i dont care i will get it life too short :)
ROCK ON QUEEN AND PR

The Show Must Go On
The Flash Danny Project user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 166 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 06, 06:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great King Sam wrote:

The Flash Danny Project wrote:

Maybe because it is Brian and Roger, who are what we "have left" of Queen, performing with Paul Rodgers, e.g. Queen plus Paul Rodgers.

Quite simple when you're not so close-minded.

Yes, but if they are recording NEW material - that is, material that has nothing to do with Queen or Paul Rodgers as a separate entity - why should they continue using the Queen + Rodgers banner?

Insert stupid signature here
Munchsack user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1770 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 06, 08:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My position is unclear, even to me. Whatever happens, I am buying that album unless there is some unforseeable disaster. They must not call themselves Queen and if Deaky is not involved I don't think the word Queen should be in there at all.
MY ALMOST PERFECT SCENARIO: Brian, Roger, Deaky & Paul form a new band with a new name (or Q + PR) and play only new songs. When they play live, however, they should play new songs plus some old Queen songs and All Right Now and also Wishing Well.
MY PERFECT SCENARIO: Freddie Mercury is still alive, Queen are still producing masterpiece albums and touring and such.
MY PERFECT COUSIN: A brilliant song by Derry punk group The Undertones, available on the album Hypnotised.

This can't end well.
Togg

Posted: 23 Feb 06, 08:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why does it matter? I don't understand it nobody is going to take away and burn all their old material, your not going to lose it so what the hell is the problem?

You would have to be mad to not use the brand when you have got such a big name, at the end of the day people want to see what is left of the original line up, if they didn't the tour would have been a disaster, as it was it became a huge success.

If they'd gone out and called themselves Brirogpaul, have of the world would have no idea how they were and would have missed the tour.

Does anybody seriously think that when people saw Queen were touring they rushed out thinking "I must go see that Freddie he sounds great" and then being disappointed he didn't show up, no, everyone went to see QUEEN.

Only a idiot would go out and not use the name if your playing Queen songs, and you no what when they record it will also be a Queen record, because if it isn't then songs like 'Dear Friends' and anything else that was written by only one or two members also have to be seen as none Queen songs, in the history of Queen dozens of songs don't have all the band working on them.

"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 06, 08:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"If they'd gone out and called themselves Brirogpaul, have of the world would have no idea how they were and would have missed the tour."

It has nothing to do with "Queen spirit lives in us", "Roger and me are Queen" etc. You can't sell out tickets without using Queen name - that's it, nothing more, no need to shout on every corner about spirit and their rights to do this or that. More defence words I hear - more I have feeling that someone is f**ing my brain with the show business crappy rules how to sell tickets and make more money.

"in the history of Queen dozens of songs don't have all the band working on them."

But there are no any songs which half of the band (Freddie and John) have never heard about even, though it's "Queen" songs.

Togg

Posted: 23 Feb 06, 08:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry, between your bad english and my bad typing I have no idea what you said or meant!

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 06, 09:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Okay. Then I'd better follow to what you wrote in your signature.

Queenman!! user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenman!!
Bohemian: 931 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 06, 09:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would call there album "Ghost of a smile".
I heard T. Stafell has formed a new band. Out of money I guess.

You made us laugh, you made us cry, you made us feel like we could fly!
Daveboy35 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 619 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 06, 09:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi guys okay let's put things into perspective here so queen are going to release a new album and it's come from the record company in america right?, well i think personally and someone else said this i think it will be a queen+paul rodgers concert album from their forthcoming tour.

It makes sense in that respect because they are doing a tour there and with a release to concide the hopeful success of the tour will only help to sell product basically a la ROTC in the uk, business and profitwise it makes a lot of sense to do this.

As for using the queen name this old chestnut will never die and will always stir up remarks and controversy we all know that freddie and john are no longer with queen, freddie obviously passed away and JD happy not to be part of the unit anymore but brian and roger were in a band called queen and still are even though 2 members are not.

Again business sense and the right to go under the queen banner will continue it's only if paul rodgers brian may and roger taylor recorded BRAND NEW MATERIAL then people will be right to say WELL IT'S NOT QUEEN, because it most probably won't be it won't have freddie or john lyrics on them so they could go under a new name.

I don't think it will happen with paul rodgers they will do the tour and then say goodbye and thanks for the experience,but if it is a queen album then it must be tracks with freddie vocals on them which bri and rog are hoping to ressurect and make something decent.

That i will kill to get if that was the case i'm sure things will be more clearer when a official source or a definite release makes it set in stone.

Yes we'll keep on tryin

we'll tread that fine line

oh oh we'll keep on tryin

till the end of time

till the end of time.

Ian_snake user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 84 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 06, 09:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie Mercurys the reason we bought them albums as well as Brian,Roger and John.
Replacing Freddie with someone else is just silly.
Everybodys heard of Queen,they have heard of bohemian Rhapsody,under pressure,We Will Rock You and the other famous songs they wrote.
Brian May and Roger Taylor should leave their already famous reputation as it is by not making a new album.
If they want money they should keep making new items such as concert DVDs and keep touring.

Great King Sam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 65 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 06, 09:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Angelo_ramerez wrote:

Freddie Mercurys the reason we bought them albums as well as Brian,Roger and John.
Replacing Freddie with someone else is just silly.
Everybodys heard of Queen,they have heard of bohemian Rhapsody,under pressure,We Will Rock You and the other famous songs they wrote.
Brian May and Roger Taylor should leave their already famous reputation as it is by not making a new album.
If they want money they should keep making new items such as concert DVDs and keep touring.

What is it with people? No-one is replacing Freddie. Get over it for fucks sake.

I'm just happy that there is even just a rumour of a new album.

i'll think of a signature later...
legends never die! user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 73 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 06, 10:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

wait this new album is actual new stuff... or just like live??

AND

about this whole name debate whatever....

"What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other word would smell as sweet;"
(romeo and juliet)

------> basically saying that if they change the name.... wouldnt it still be the same music??

oh ye!

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 06, 10:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"thanks to brian and roger they ruined that cherished legacy forever."

You fucking people can't go 5 seconds without abusing words like 'legacy' that don't actually *mean* anything to soulless cowards like yourself.

If you love the old Queen so much *GO AND LISTEN TO IT* and shut the hell up. The original music cannot be 'ruined' by choices they make today. You might disagree with them, I might disagree with them, but the old music (great as it is) will always be there.

What a bloody waste of space this 'ruined legacy' crap is; I reckon every post that uses words like that should be filtered into a "Bullshit Forum".

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller