Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Suprises in US setlist?

forum rss feed
Author

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Feb 06, 13:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

From allrightnow.com

--------------------

QUEEN + PAUL RODGERS BEGIN REHEARSALS

Before they hit the road in what will be a rare tour Queen + Paul Rodgers are currently
rehearsing in the UK .After the first day of rehearsals Paul Rodgers had this to say,

"We had a fantastic first day. Everybody arrived fresh and ready to rock. I have to say it was great to crank up the jet engines again."

When asked for clues about the set list and how it will differ from their Live CD/DVD "Return of the Champions" Rodgers replied,

"Today we tried various songs in order to change up and fine tune the new set for the US & Canadian dates and yes their will be some surprises."

After seeing the new DVD and hearing the live cd this is a must see concert.
Q+PR kick off their US & Canadian 23 date tour at Miami's American Airlines Arena
Friday, March 3.

All I Hear Is Radio Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1181 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 06, 13:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm waiting for whatever they decide to play...and I am sure excited...can't wait to hear the setlist

"Take The First Step In Faith, You Don't Have To See The Whole Staircase, Just Take The First Step."
~Blue_Acid~ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 117 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 06, 13:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would like to see White Queen Played, even if Brian Solos over the whole thing, that would be awesome and maybe the full version of Brighton Rock. I also think Was It All Worth It would be nice to whip out, but the deffenantly should not shorten the set lists.

"Im going to pull an Elvis Costello, but the chorus of this song goes What the hell are we fighting for..."

-Brian May 3/20/06 Pittsburgh @ the Mellon Arena before Hammer To Fall
Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 06, 14:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hell ya!!! It's Late, It's Late, It's Late!!!!!

Pleaaaaaaaaaaaase!

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

Freddiettt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 106 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 06, 15:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

it`s late would rock!!!

please keep the eminem intro in as im taking my 12 year old:)

radio_what's_new user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 542 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 06, 17:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think they will play different bad company/free songs instead of the ones they did in Europa. Bad Company was pretty big in the US for a while.

Let's hope they will play some different queen material as well allthough I don't expect it to happen...but you never know..

By the way: are the tickets selling good?

Serpent_of_the_Nile user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 24 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 06, 17:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Surprises? Killer Queen, Keep Yourself Alive, You're my Best Friend & Under Pressure will be added (Somebody to Love will be a BIG surprise).

More Paul Rodgers songs: Rock & Roll Fantasy, Bad Company, etc.

Do NOT expect White Queen, It's Late, Was it all Worth it or Delilah. They were never hits or popular in the US.

We all fans would like to listen this non-singles tracks, but the reality is that they have to play the songs that are more popular; they also might be thinking on releasing a new Queen + PR concert DVD and it HAS to include well known songs so it can sell well.

I wish they can play Nevermore, Lily of the Valey, Flick of the Wrist, Innuendo, It's a Hard Life, The Marh of the Black Queen but...

We have to wake up.

Mother Mercury, what have you done to me?
Sherwood Forest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3547 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 06, 18:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

:D:D:D:D:DD:D:D:D:D:D:D
GREAT NEWS!
thanks so much :)

One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/essay/1
Sportzfan76 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sportzfan76
Champion: 90 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 06, 19:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serpent_of_the_Nile wrote:

Do NOT expect White Queen, It's Late, Was it all Worth it or Delilah. They were never hits or popular in the US.

oh, It's Late was not popular in US ?! What were we thinking! By the way, The first two Queen shows I attended the band included White Queen in the set.
Check this out. Absolutley TRUE story. Queen @ Providence CC, '78 Jazz Tour. My buddie and I had seats "Front-Row floor" Deacy side, toward center. All thru the show some guy (also in front)kept chanting out "Black Queen...Black Queen! Every chance he had...Black Queen ! Between every song - Black Queen !
Later, toward the end of the show as Freddie heads to his grand piano for what will be BoRap - again "Black Queen, Black Queen!!!". I Swear to God - Freddie starts banging out chords to, you guessed it, BQ !
It was so f'n cool. He then segueyed into BoRap, but that 5-10 seconds of BQ piano made that guy's night and every other fan privy to what had just transpired. It was a great moment.

Oh, I forgot to mention I also slapped 5 with Freddie Mercury that same night! ...i think it was during Brighton Rock, no maybe it was during ITS LATE ! Word.

Rock & Roll just pays the bills...Only football gives us thrills.
The Stealer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 738 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 06, 21:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great News!!!

We will probably here different Bad Company songs-
Bad Company, Movin on, Rock Steady, shooting star, the list goes on. Maybe they will put WIshing Well back in---it was consistently good.

Different Queen material: perhaps Now I'm here, I really want it's late or long away among countless others--but I am realistic.

Not too long before we find out. yeh!!

Haystacks Calhoun user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1550 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 06, 21:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bad Company went over well at the NJ show, one of Paul's best songs, IMO...

Shooting Star would be another they could easily do well, and would be a crowd fave, as well as Rock and Roll Fantasy, and the others they have already done.

Regarding Queens material, UP will be added for sure, perhaps they drop some of the mid/late 80's material in exchange for the late 70's stuff. For instance, IWTBF can be cut, and no-one would miss it.

IMO, Somebody to Love should be mothballed.

"Not a fan of the ladies, are you Trebek?"

Sean Connery
Serpent_of_the_Nile user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 24 posts

Posted: 23 Feb 06, 23:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Master Stroke wrote:

oh, It's Late was not popular in US ?! What were we thinking! By the way, The first two Queen shows I attended the band included White Queen in the set.
Check this out. Absolutley TRUE story. Queen @ Providence CC, '78 Jazz Tour. My buddie and I had seats "Front-Row floor" Deacy side, toward center. All thru the show some guy (also in front)kept chanting out "Black Queen...Black Queen! Every chance he had...Black Queen ! Between every song - Black Queen !
Later, toward the end of the show as Freddie heads to his grand piano for what will be BoRap - again "Black Queen, Black Queen!!!". I Swear to God - Freddie starts banging out chords to, you guessed it, BQ !
It was so f'n cool. He then segueyed into BoRap, but that 5-10 seconds of BQ piano made that guy's night and every other fan privy to what had just transpired. It was a great moment.

Oh, I forgot to mention I also slapped 5 with Freddie Mercury that same night! ...i think it was during Brighton Rock, no maybe it was during ITS LATE ! Word.

Because they played It's late in the 1978 Jazz tour doesn't mean they will player in 2006. They played Friends will be friends in '86 and we're not expecting to hear it again.

Mother Mercury, what have you done to me?
sucaine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 33 posts

Posted: 24 Feb 06, 07:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I remember an interview with Paul(or Brian) where he commented on how some of the more "Freddie" stuff, the stuff that only Freddie could pull off correctly probably wouldnt be attempted. So I dont expect Killer Queen or Somebody to Love... or really anything that involved mystical lyrics(most of the first 2 albums).
As far as Its Late and stuff like that... What really WAS popular in the US? I hope they dont let our ignorance of Queen in its "heyday" influence the set too much, or else we can expect "The Game" album front to back...

August R. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 561 posts

Posted: 24 Feb 06, 07:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Surprises?

How about a brand new song penned by Brian, Roger & Paul? That would be a BIG surprise.

It would also state that that this new incarnation of Queen isn't just a nostalgia band living in the past, but instead, they are a band making new music of their own and looking in the future.

It's not impossible, is it?

Lord Blackadder user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1163 posts

Posted: 24 Feb 06, 09:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Surprises? Killer Queen, Keep Yourself Alive, You're my Best Friend & Under Pressure will be added (Somebody to Love will be a BIG surprise).

More Paul Rodgers songs: Rock & Roll Fantasy, Bad Company, etc.

We all fans would like to listen this non-singles tracks, but the reality is that they have to play the songs that are more popular; they also might be thinking on releasing a new Queen + PR concert DVD and it HAS to include well known songs so it can sell well.

I wish they can play Nevermore, Lily of the Valey, Flick of the Wrist, Innuendo, It's a Hard Life, The Marh of the Black Queen but...

We have to wake up.

You don't bloody know what was popular in the U.S. I'm sure It's Late was popular.

"I bet you lost your virginity to a mechanical bull"
Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 24 Feb 06, 09:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Haystacks Calhoun wrote:

Bad Company went over well at the NJ show, one of Paul's best songs, IMO...

Shooting Star would be another they could easily do well, and would be a crowd fave, as well as Rock and Roll Fantasy, and the others they have already done.

Regarding Queens material, UP will be added for sure, perhaps they drop some of the mid/late 80's material in exchange for the late 70's stuff. For instance, IWTBF can be cut, and no-one would miss it.

IMO, Somebody to Love should be mothballed.

I wouldn't miss IWTBF at all either.

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

KRKillerQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 128 posts

Posted: 24 Feb 06, 09:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was actually glad they skipped IWTBF last October. FBG flowed much better out of TYMD. I'd like to see Keep Yourself Alive, It's Late and perhaps Sleeping on the Sidewalk... We've got what - a week until we find out?!?!?! Almost more excitement than I can stand at this point !!!

mjk12345 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 3 posts

Posted: 24 Feb 06, 11:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'll be at the Gwinnett show with my kids on the 7th and have been bombarding them with Queen the past few weeks.

They've settled on 'Living on my own' as their favorite, so it'd be great to hear that. 'Its Late' has always been a favorite of mine although I don't expect to hear it.

Posted: 24 Feb 06, 12:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

things like innuendo, white queen, its late, was it all worth it, father to son, in the lap of the gods (revisted) th prophets song, long away, drowse, fight from the inside, mustapha, rock it, sail away sweet sister, ride the wild wing, bijou, mother love and such should be played as the arena fills to keep the crowd occupied.

"Im going to pull an Elvis Costello, but the chorus of this song goes What the hell are we fighting for..."

Posted: 24 Feb 06, 12:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i wish theyed get of of the hits, expose new stuff to people, that could boost record sales and maybe send a single to a high position. This may be the make it or break it tour for new people (not die hard fans) its bad enough there is not enough promotion. I live in pittsburgh. At the bus stops when areosmith was coming to play they had tour poster posted. Its not right. Im about to post shit on public area.