Forums > Queen - General Discussion > What Teen Queen Fans Go Through......

forum rss feed
Author

TheImpossibleMan user not visiting Queenzone.com

add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Feb 06, 06:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You're young and stupid, as are the other kids. Don't take stuff so seriously.

This is what you wanted, this is what you're going to get.
Jesspit user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jesspit
Bohemian: 414 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 06, 07:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

La Rox(Empress Of The Universe) wrote:

I'm a Queen fan and a teenager. So what? Well young Queen fans get slagged CONSTENLY! I always get crap like 'weren't they all gay or something..' and 'Queen are a bunch of gay faggots' i get loads more. This REALLY pisses me OFF! I don't slag their Usher and 50 Cent and their other crap that they listen to! So why should I? Just because their a bunch of homophobics doesn't mean they can take it out on me! I'm so PISSED OFF!!!!

i so know what you are on about i am a teenage queen fan too and i get all that. annoys me soooo much!

I had one dream not long after he died where he kept saying, You've got to be there Brian, and I woke up in a daze thinking, Where have I got to be? -Brian May
Tyfoon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 185 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 06, 09:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://queenzone.com/queenzone/forumnew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q=655658

Munchsack user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1770 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 06, 09:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

La Rox(Empress Of The Universe) wrote:

'Queen are a bunch of gay faggots'

As opposed to straight faggots?

This can't end well.
Ian_snake user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 84 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 06, 10:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen did all their own instrumentals at live concerts.
you never see 50 cent using an instrument,shows how lazy modern day music is.
Maybe thats why anybody with a brain cell likes indie bands (because their independant and do all their own istrumentals)

Music Man user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2346 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 06, 12:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Angelo_ramerez wrote:

Queen did all their own instrumentals at live concerts.
you never see 50 cent using an instrument,shows how lazy modern day music is.
Maybe thats why anybody with a brain cell likes indie bands (because their independant and do all their own istrumentals)

50 Cent is actually an accomplished violinist and a classically trained pianist.

Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
Sherwood Forest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3547 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 06, 12:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

im 15 and yea i dont like what everyone else likes but neither do like any of my friends. And no one makes fun of me because i like a different band. It says your 13 in your profile so just the kids around you need to grow up. Your fine you have a great taste of music in my opinion.
So yea i agree with The Impossible man

One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/essay/1
its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 06, 13:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's your life, do what you want just ignore them there pathetic!!!

Jazz 78 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 502 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 06, 14:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You know what you guys? I'm 40. Been following the band since November of 77 and EVEN BACK THEN I was getting the same crap you guys get! EXACTLY the same shit! "They's all faggots" "Gay" etc. It didn't mean shit to me then nor does it mean shit to me now! Those same people, though they didn't buy the albums, would occasionally be heard singing a song or two in the hallways at school or wherever. I think teenagers that listen to Queen or any of these classic bands are so fucking cool!!! We were there when they around and touring but you guys... and gals... are keeping their music alive and hopefully you'll pass it on to your kids. It still works for the Beatles, Stones, Who etc. I don't see Herman and the Hermits making a splash these days with the youth. Pay no mind to them people. Enjoy the music.

Grapes user not visiting Queenzone.com
Grapes
Bohemian: 239 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 06, 16:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Woohoo Its dead annoying isnt it!! Im a teen queen fan and all my mates laugh at me because i love queen n stuff like Led Zeppelin and stuff like that but at least the school music bit is having a queen night soon yayayayayayay!

Wooohoooo

Not the brightest crayon in the box...
Dancer, Dancer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 88 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 06, 17:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Try living with a sister who absolutely loathes anything over 3 years old let alone classic rock. She's only 14 and under the impression that Chavs/rap and techno music are cool. Oh how much she has to learn. You should see the look of horror on her face when I blast the operatic section of Bo Rap, makes me laugh every time. Im the complete opposite of course, but i mean, todays music isnt that good either. Im an indie fan, and some of it is ok, but nothing compares to the classic rock days of the 60's 70's and 80's with bands such as Queen, Led Zep, Stones, Bealtes, ACDC, Kiss- im only 17, but i feel entitled to be able to tut 'kids today...' and go off and blast Killer Queen on my old-school vinyl player to embarass my sister. We all know that Queen wrote masterpieces, ignore the f*ck wits who believe that queen we're faggotts. Being gay myself that actually pisses me off to the limit. Homophobia grrr, but hey, lets leave that for another forum topic huh?

"they said they'd rock us, and they did"

keep_yourself_alive_@hotmail.com

myspace.com/flick_of_the_wrist

it was electric7 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 709 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 06, 20:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I get that all the time, it doesnt bother me though.

LASPALABRASDEAMOR user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 19 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 06, 20:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hellow, im 37 i used to be a teen queen fan there in the 80s and is great to know about you guys,and i m allways proud to be a queen fan since i was 11 years old until now queen its something that you goin to deal forever thats why i congratullate to you guys

Suigi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 856 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 06, 22:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

stomp stomp clap...
Time to stuff some Queen into people's heads!

Can we laugh at them once 50 Cent comes out of the closet? Hm?
Or Eminem?
All that macho posturing is just covering up for the fact that they "drop anchor in Poo Bay," to quote fatty-as-Freddie.

When in doubt, here are some possible rebuttals.
"Will anyone go to see 50 Cent or Usher in 10 years? 20 years?"
"Who's sold more records: Queen or all of your shit combined?"
"So does that make [insert popular artist influenced by Queen] gay too?"
"Who the hell made you King Of All Music And Dictator Of Culture?"
Hmm...running out of ideas here...
If worst comes to worst, dredge up A Night at the Hip Hopera or (gag) Q-Unit, and see if they like the backing tracks.

The final result would be to walk away and say to them as stonefaced as possible...
I don't have time to deal with people who insult a dead rock legend.

And if they stand there stunned, feel free to add in a Freddie fist raise, or a WWRY rhythym somewhere.

HE ROCKS US STILL.

Proud Supporter of the Queen Lives Compilation
The prophet's song user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1044 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 06, 22:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

People at school hassle me all the time, which I can handle, but what REALLY pisses me off is when they constantly remind me that Freddie was gay and he is dead. Nuuuuh, really, I didn't know that!*sarcastic comment*. I'm not as ignorant as they are, I think I would know if Freddie was still alive and the fact he was gay is really not that a big a deal and it doesn't bother me in the slightest.
When people hassle Freddie to my face it is just the same if you went up to a christian and said "Jesus Christ, I just kicked my toe on this God damn table" I can't stand (and won't stand for) it.

"Either this kid has a lightbulb up his ass or his colon has a great idea"
user name user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1449 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 06, 23:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The prophet's song wrote:

People at school hassle me all the time, which I can handle, but what REALLY pisses me off is when they constantly remind me that Freddie was gay and he is dead. Nuuuuh, really, I didn't know that!*sarcastic comment*. I'm not as ignorant as they are, I think I would know if Freddie was still alive and the fact he was gay is really not that a big a deal and it doesn't bother me in the slightest.
When people hassle Freddie to my face it is just the same if you went up to a christian and said "Jesus Christ, I just kicked my toe on this God damn table" I can't stand (and won't stand for) it.

Actually, it would be more like saying to a Christian, "Jesus was just some guy of no consequence who created a cult with his twelve gay buddies."

Who's to argue truth? It's still something one should not say, dare he offend...

Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
MercuryArts user not visiting Queenzone.com
MercuryArts
Bohemian: 839 posts

Posted: 27 Feb 06, 00:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Times haven't changed much. Being in Jr high & high school through the early to mid 80's was just as bad. I got my chops busted all the time. "Freddie's gay!, The band is gay..." Yadda, yadda, yadda, Yawn! I got even at lunch all the time. We were allowed to bring in tapes to play over the cafateria pa. First one up there got their music played. I made sure I got up there first as much as possible. Queen albums were played all through high school to the masses thanks to me. I couldn't give a damn if anyone complained.

"Take care of those you call your own"
RETROLOVE user not visiting Queenzone.com
RETROLOVE
Deity: 2522 posts

Posted: 27 Feb 06, 01:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You know what

I'm 23 and a recent fan of theres...and I havent gotten any backlash from anyone for liking Queen...everyone knows that the lead singer was gay, but they'll say like, wasnt the lead singer gay, but not in a disrespectful way...they just ask if he was...but thats about it, everyone seems to have respect for them where I live. I'm African-American, and my mom always says that a lot of black people here in the states LOVED AOBTD!!! It came out when she was in high school(My mom is 43 now)

***off subject: My brother thinks Freddie Mercury looks like Ben Stiller from Dodgeball. Thats what he said when he saw the album cover of their greatest hits, I was laughing my ass off when he said that!!!

Has anyone seen that movie?

Loving the pass, cherishing the present, and looking forward to the future

val 29467 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 425 posts

Posted: 27 Feb 06, 03:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mmmm not on of my friends has a problem with me liking queen, they just don't like it that i talk about them so much :) queen rocks for ever, no matter what!!!

but you don't give me comfort and a man's gotta get it somewhere -brian may

i'll give you comfort brian XD
Ready_Coddie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 198 posts

Posted: 27 Feb 06, 05:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't care if anyone tells me anything, but the moment they diss Fred, I beat the crap out of them...

Freddie Mercury

*** 1946 - Forever in our hearts ***