Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > ANNOUNCE Houston 77 DVD...again

forum rss feed
Author

frank39 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 478 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Feb 06, 06:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I decided to share my jap. pressed DVD.
As it´s not allowed to bring the complete show as torrent here on QZ,(which would be the easiest and fastest way)
I placed it on my website http://queenhouse.de, go to DVD-1977 Houston factory pr. DVD.

I have ripped the DVD to 40 Winzip archives. Almost half of the Archive is up on rapidshare until now, rest will follow as quick as possible within the next days. Archive is tested and ok. Result will be the VIDEO_TS files.

Artwork will follow soon.

Some remarks about legal file sharing or not:
The whole thing of sharing boots is and always was a greyzone.
I just can´t understand, why I am not allowed to place a torrent here with the complete Houston show.
What I find on QZ is this:
Hyde Park DVD: the footage of My Sweet Lady is complete on the new ANATO DVD, still: sharing the footage is allowed here.
Buenos Aires 81: Just to name one song from it: Love of my life, is published on various official releases. Sharing is allowed here.

And there are a lot more examples.

Anyway: happy downloading.

Bobby_brown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2300 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 06, 07:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for this - 5 days for upload?- Do you practice Yoga :)). You have there a very good collection of Queen live bootlegs!
Keep them coming.

Take care

Elder user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 48 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 06, 09:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you very much!

How_my_hear_did_ache user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 06, 10:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi,

OK, I have downloaded all the parts, but any idea what i need to do with them now?

When i try to unzip the zip file, it says I need to "Please insert disk number 1". I have all the files, not sure what i need to put where.

Any help much appreciated!

HMHDA

littlebird user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 169 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 06, 11:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks a lotfor sharing, and to the question above, I think you have to open the last file to make it work. Try that, I think it will open the whole thing.

I love you all!!
Sithmarauder user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1082 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 06, 11:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

frank39 wrote:

As it´s not allowed to bring the complete show as torrent here on QZ,(which would be the easiest and fastest way)
I placed it on my website http://queenhouse.de, go to DVD-1977 Houston factory pr. DVD.

I have ripped the DVD to 40 Winzip archives. Almost half of the Archive is up on rapidshare until now, rest will follow as quick as possible within the next days. Archive is tested and ok. Result will be the VIDEO_TS files.

I just can´t understand, why I am not allowed to place a torrent here with the complete Houston show.
Hyde Park DVD: the footage of My Sweet Lady is complete on the new ANATO DVD, still: sharing the footage is allowed here.
Buenos Aires 81: Just to name one song from it: Love of my life, is published on various official releases. Sharing is allowed here.

I think this whole sharing issue is a matter of opinion and common sense. I agree with you about some official clips being shared here. I raised questions to Richard Orchard by E mail but never got a response.When Houston was first shared here I mentioned to Richard that the fast version of WWRY was officially released on Queen's Greatest Video Hits One. To me, including this on that share was no big deal. I can't see sharing that part of the clip here would have any adverse effect on the DVD sales but this is Richard Orchard's site it is official so it shouldn't be shared here. What I am totally against are shares posted here that are well known official releases such as Live Aid, Wembley 86 (DVD ripped audio and video). These type of shares can get this site closed down. This is just my opinion.
I will be sending an inquiry to Hollywood Records about sharing here and will ask them to put it in writing what we can or can't share so I can post it here for all to view. I established a contact over there but haven't sent any inquiries to them yet.

"If we look half as good to you as you do to me, we must look good" Brian May

"No, Innuendo is not an Italian suppository, it's a Queen album."
PainPleasure user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 650 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 06, 11:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

frank39 wrote:

Really nice act man and good work...thanks bro!

ups user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 135 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 06, 11:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi
You all have to wait until Frank is finish with the upload and then there will be 40 files and then you can unzip it - There is just 14 files now - be patient :-)

Posted: 26 Feb 06, 11:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To How_my_hear_did_ache and Pink Linda.

You can only unzip the complete set, I cant help it. WinRaR does the same.
But I tested the archive from unzipping to Watching the result with PowerDVD: a VIDEO_TS file, including all the vobs etc.

Linda, when you download all the files (all!) then you´ll get an exact copy of my DVD.

And no need for Yoga to reach a couple of days for Upload: 4GB makes 40 100 MB archives.
I only have a normal DSL Flat with an Upstream of 128kb, not more. That makes at least 2 hours for upload for each archiv.
2 hoursX40 archives makes 80 hours, I partly have other things to do, so figure it out, how long it takes....

littlebird user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 169 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 06, 11:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

frank39 wrote:

To How_my_hear_did_ache and Pink Linda.

You can only unzip the complete set, I cant help it. WinRaR does the same.
But I tested the archive from unzipping to Watching the result with PowerDVD: a VIDEO_TS file, including all the vobs etc.

Linda, when you download all the files (all!) then you´ll get an exact copy of my DVD.

And no need for Yoga to reach a couple of days for Upload: 4GB makes 40 100 MB archives.
I only have a normal DSL Flat with an Upstream of 128kb, not more. That makes at least 2 hours for upload for each archiv.
2 hoursX40 archives makes 80 hours, I partly have other things to do, so figure it out, how long it takes....

Any way, even if it is that way it is a considerable and kind effort from you, and we all queen fans appreciate that and thumbs up for you. Great job, thanks three millions of times!!You really rock!:))

I love you all!!
How_my_hear_did_ache user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 06, 11:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ah, 40 files - missed that!

Right, patience then. Great work for all the uploads, v. much appreciated!

Posted: 26 Feb 06, 11:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Its true, it takes a long time to dl.
Therefore some words to all those, who already have a Houston copy, complete or not.

This jap. version seems to be the same source like those earlier uploaded incomplete version by Marknow.

So, there are also some flickering lines, but much less and not so heavy.Its a much earlier generation.
Pictures are clearer, colours not oversaturated. There is a phantastic Intro, playing with the Queen LOGO, a nice track menue, and... its complete.
And If someone wants to know, where I got it from: Bought on Ebay for 70 Euro, from a spanish trader with good connections to Japan.

Unasked1234 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 7 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 06, 12:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for sharing.

Please be aware that there might be a problem with the second file after downloading from rapidshare.

You have to rename the filename:
wrong: Houston77-jap[1].version-complete.z01.zip
ok: Houston77-jap[1].version-complete.z01

Yes
Ruiiii user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 27 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 06, 13:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yesssss!

thanx a lot frank39 for:

Nº1- sharing!
Nº2- your holy patience
Nº3- for making a lot of queen fans delighted!!

PS: by the way, what an amazing website and collection!

Rui Bajouka
AC user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1838 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 06, 13:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you.

That time will come, one day you'll see that i'll be dead and you will laugh!

Posted: 26 Feb 06, 13:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would not rename any file!!!
But I am gonna check it.

Posted: 26 Feb 06, 13:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Unasked1234 wrote:

Thanks for sharing.

You have to rename the filename:
wrong: Houston77-jap[1].version-complete.z01.zip
ok: Houston77-jap[1].version-complete.z01

I can´t see any way to dl a file named
Houston77-jap[1].version-complete.z01.zip nor afile called Houston77-jap[1].version-complete.z01

Archive starts with rapidshare.de/files/14010184/Houston77-jap.version-complete.zip
after that it goes XXX.z01 to XXX.z39
Only the first file has a ZIP icon and extension.

When you are finished downloading ( congrats ), click on that 1 ZIP icon and extract. thats it.

jabbo5150 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 160 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 06, 13:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

how is the quality of this compared to what was on here before and what was on eBay (which i thought had a cleaner picture than what was here, or at least not as dark)

Posted: 26 Feb 06, 14:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Its the best version of all, you won´t be disapointed, I promise you.

But maybe Brian and Roger have a better copy?!!!

Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts

Posted: 26 Feb 06, 14:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for the download.

Can you tell us if this is NTSC or PAL. I'm assuming NTSC since it's from Japan, but you never know.

DJ's the man we love the most