Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Let's clear this Queen + PR thing up

forum rss feed
Author

Sherwood Forest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3547 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Feb 06, 14:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=Orange>A Winter's Tale wrote:

I'm sick like a lot of people on here, with all these 'Queen + PR' topics.

do u think your helping????

One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/essay/1
Freya is quietly judging you. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Meh.
Freya is quietly judging you.
Deity: 5913 posts

Posted: 27 Feb 06, 14:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love these really original intellegant posts. Well done! This must be the first one of its kind!

Jakobe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 197 posts

Posted: 27 Feb 06, 15:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't think that everyone will EVER agree with Queen + Paul Rodgers so it's useless to try and end the discussion.

Personally, I decided long ago that I would enjoy Q+PR as much as I could because I can't go through life being negative all the time. (Plus the music isn't half bad)

Sharon G. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 462 posts

Posted: 27 Feb 06, 17:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen as we know and love them are over. We have their music and memory with us. Freddie Mercury, Brian May, Roger Taylor and John Deacon were Queen and always will be remebered for that.

Brian and Roger kind of 'ended' Queen with 'Made in Heaven' and the farewell single to Freddie, 'No-one But You'. So that was kind of goodbye to Queen.

Now BRIAN and ROGER have returned. They should be entitled to using the Queen name for their return. And Paul Rodgers, ok he might not be as good as Freddie, evidently, but he is doing a good job.

If people were not lucky enough to see Queen as they were then now at least they get a chance now. So everyone shouldn't be slating them for doing what they love and what a lot of people appreciate.

Other bands get another frontman or band member when someone has passed away or left so why not Queen? They are keeping Queen's music alive and that's the main thing. They of course can not do that with Freddie so just learn to live with it.

There is no right or wrong here. Different opinions on the subject. Brian and Roger can and will do as they please and see fit. Either you like it or not. If not, don't go to the Q+PR gig.
I'm going. Will it be a great rock conert? Yes.
Queen? Nope.

Posted: 27 Feb 06, 17:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hahah this topic is still making me laugh

One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 27 Feb 06, 17:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good luck Winter's Tale. I'm sure he'll (she'll) pop up anytime now. It's like a duck call...

bryans permed poodle 15069 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 762 posts

Posted: 27 Feb 06, 18:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen as we know and love them are over. We have their music and memory with us. Freddie Mercury, Brian May, Roger Taylor and John Deacon were Queen and always will be remebered for that.

Brian and Roger kind of 'ended' Queen with 'Made in Heaven' and the farewell single to Freddie, 'No-one But You'. So that was kind of goodbye to Queen.

Now BRIAN and ROGER have returned. They should be entitled to using the Queen name for their return. And Paul Rodgers, ok he might not be as good as Freddie, evidently, but he is doing a good job.

If people were not lucky enough to see Queen as they were then now at least they get a chance now. So everyone shouldn't be slating them for doing what they love and what a lot of people appreciate.

Other bands get another frontman or band member when someone has passed away or left so why not Queen? They are keeping Queen's music alive and that's the main thing. They of course can not do that with Freddie so just learn to live with it.

Boring same old arguments...........Brian and Roger have tarnished the name Queen this will stick forever. I just hope Freddie forgives them one day and they should apologise to Queen fans RIGHT NOW for this mess

Queen RIP 1991

Paul Rodgers - "Gimp Of The Year 2006"

Posted: 27 Feb 06, 19:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

its a shame i agree with him in a way

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 27 Feb 06, 19:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The flood gates have been opened. Thanks Winter's Tale!!!!

Posted: 27 Feb 06, 19:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yea exactly just when it was getting cleared up too

jordanjo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 82 posts

Posted: 27 Feb 06, 19:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

what are you saying Brian and roger returned? What....under the Queen name?? Freddie is dead and so is QUEEN

LadyMoonshineDown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 894 posts

Posted: 27 Feb 06, 19:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JamieSureWould<br><font size=1>QOQOW wrote:

do u think your helping????

Exactly. Give it a rest people, for the love of Christ.
Cheers

"Today I saw an American flag flying at full mast and I was reassured--I knew someone....somewhere....was alive."
Wiley user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1704 posts

Posted: 27 Feb 06, 20:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Some time ago many people (including myself) stopped trying to bring some sense to some of the more negative posters in here. You could argue all day but in the end they still think Brian and Roger are trashing Queen's legacy by using the name. Even worse, some of them think that Brian and Roger DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT to use the name.

You can say it IS NOT Queen but, then again, the ticket says it IS Queen. No need to argue more about this. The best thing is to just focus on the music. I think most of us rational people are able to enjoy this new venture music-wise, without thinking it's sacrilege. Now I'm a bit more tolerant and I can deal with people saying "It's a good rock concert, but it's not Queen". Ok, it is whatever you want it to be as long as you enjoy it. :)

The first part of this post is aimed at the extremist kind of fan who would burn his entire collection after Brian and Roger's sacrilege and is willing to spam this and other boards with the same "RIP QUEEN 1991" crap, and actually thinking many people will make up their minds and realize that they are doing wrong.

Good luck with that, meanwhile I'll be in San Diego "not seeing Queen" and having the time of my life yet again :).

See ya,

Wiley

LadyMoonshineDown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 894 posts

Posted: 27 Feb 06, 20:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wiley wrote:

Some time ago many people (including myself) stopped trying to bring some sense to some of the more negative posters in here. You could argue all day but in the end they still think Brian and Roger are trashing Queen's legacy by using the name. Even worse, some of them think that Brian and Roger DON'T HAVE THE RIGHT to use the name.

You can say it IS NOT Queen but, then again, the ticket says it IS Queen. No need to argue more about this. The best thing is to just focus on the music. I think most of us rational people are able to enjoy this new venture music-wise, without thinking it's sacrilege. Now I'm a bit more tolerant and I can deal with people saying "It's a good rock concert, but it's not Queen". Ok, it is whatever you want it to be as long as you enjoy it. :)

The first part of this post is aimed at the extremist kind of fan who would burn his entire collection after Brian and Roger's sacrilege and is willing to spam this and other boards with the same "RIP QUEEN 1991" crap, and actually thinking many people will make up their minds and realize that they are doing wrong.

Good luck with that, meanwhile I'll be in San Diego "not seeing Queen" and having the time of my life yet again :).

See ya,

Wiley

I'm not trying to make sense of them, I'm just real annoyed of the shit. Enough becomes enough real quick.
Cheers

"Today I saw an American flag flying at full mast and I was reassured--I knew someone....somewhere....was alive."
chefman5150 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 290 posts

Posted: 27 Feb 06, 22:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Cheers Winter's Tale...I agree with you, but sadly enough, not everyone shares our opinions...and everyone is allowed to express their viewpoint...but then you get people like BPP who just take it to another level and make themselves look like a jerk. Hey...BPP, not ragging on ya', just observing the truth...rock on Queen+PR. No, it will never be Queen as it once was...but this is the best that we can hope for...what did you think...they were going to do a tour with George Michael?? Yeah...ok...picture him trying to sing 'Tie Your Mother Down' or 'Fat Bottomed Girls'...that's a riot!! Peace out!!

Ain't Much I'm Asking...If You Want the Truth...
NOTWMEDDLE user not visiting Queenzone.com
NOTWMEDDLE
Bohemian: 691 posts

Posted: 28 Feb 06, 00:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

When Rob Halford left Judas Priest and was replaced by Tim "Ripper" Owens, they went to crap and their popularity waned. Once Rob Halford came back, they made their best album since Painkiller with Angel of Retribution. Iron Maiden went to Hell when Bruce Dickinson left with Blaze Bayley. Once Bruce plus Adrian Smith returned, Maiden returned to greatness with Brave New World.
Styx on the other hand when Dennis DeYoung got fired, they went to crap. Genesis after Phil Collins left faded away.

"Spread your wings and fly away, fly away, far away!", "No one makes me sing lullabies and no one makes me close my eyes"
NOTWMEDDLE user not visiting Queenzone.com
NOTWMEDDLE
Bohemian: 691 posts

Posted: 28 Feb 06, 00:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

chefman5150 wrote:

Cheers Winter's Tale...I agree with you, but sadly enough, not everyone shares our opinions...and everyone is allowed to express their viewpoint...but then you get people like BPP who just take it to another level and make themselves look like a jerk. Hey...BPP, not ragging on ya', just observing the truth...rock on Queen+PR. No, it will never be Queen as it once was...but this is the best that we can hope for...what did you think...they were going to do a tour with George Michael?? Yeah...ok...picture him trying to sing 'Tie Your Mother Down' or 'Fat Bottomed Girls'...that's a riot!! Peace out!!

They can't get George Michael now anyways. He will be serving time in Her Majesty's penal house.

"Spread your wings and fly away, fly away, far away!", "No one makes me sing lullabies and no one makes me close my eyes"
lmj user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 132 posts

Posted: 28 Feb 06, 05:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

QUEEN? Brian and Roger are using the name QUEEN because they have to sell tickets.

val 29467 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 425 posts

Posted: 28 Feb 06, 07:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

winter's tale, i'm 16, so I never got the chance to see them, but i'm not wasting my money on queen and paul rodgers. paul rodgers sucks!!!!

but you don't give me comfort and a man's gotta get it somewhere -brian may

i'll give you comfort brian XD
Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2391 posts

Posted: 28 Feb 06, 07:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

well you just missed the best concert you will ever see, never mind I'm sure in three or four years Britney will be back on tour.

"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"