Forums > Sharing The Music - Request > Request: Roger Solo promo videos

forum rss feed
Author

krantzet80 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 34 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Feb 06, 09:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm searching for more solo promo videos from Roger Taylor. As far as I know, none have been officially released.

If anyone could share any of these I would be very very grateful:

Roger Taylor - Man On Fire
The Cross - Cowboys & Indians
The Cross - Shove It
The Cross - Heaven For Everyone
The Cross - Power To Love
The Cross - Liar
The Cross - New Dark Ages
Roger Taylor - Nazis 1994
Roger Taylor - Foreign Sand
Roger Taylor - Happiness?

I can share Strange Frontier, Future Management (Top Of The Pops) and Foreign Sand (live with Yosiki on Japanese TV) if anyone wants them.

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 28 Feb 06, 10:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://homepage.mac.com/theczone/RogeronVideo.html

But you'd better join to the Hub!

Thanks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 615 posts

Posted: 28 Feb 06, 16:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wasn't Man On Fire on a Greenpeace compilation VHS?

John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts

Posted: 28 Feb 06, 16:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Again - all official - and cannot be shared in here. Sorry.

"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
bigV user not visiting Queenzone.com
bigV
Royalty: 1646 posts

Posted: 28 Feb 06, 16:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Enjoy! :)

http://queenzone.com/queenzone/forumnew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q=730322

V.

I'm as mad as HELL, and I'm not going to take this anymore!

bigV

Posted: 28 Feb 06, 16:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John S Stuart wrote:

Whoa! What's official? Where have any of these been released? You'd even have a hard time spotting them on VH1...

EDIT: I just looked it up. Aside from "Strange Frontier" [not "Man On Fire"] which was on the Greenpeace compilation, none of Roger's videos have seen the light of day on an official release. I guess it's okay to share them here. Source:

http://www.btinternet.com/~darren.robins/queen_thevideos/videos_roger.htm

V.

Haystacks Calhoun user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1550 posts

Posted: 28 Feb 06, 18:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.youtube.com/?v=8Q4gM_xX8Kw

Man on Fire.

"Not a fan of the ladies, are you Trebek?"

Sean Connery
John S Stuart

Posted: 28 Feb 06, 19:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

vlad_bg_1999 wrote:

John S Stuart wrote:

Whoa! What's official? Where have any of these been released? You'd even have a hard time spotting them on VH1...

EDIT: I just looked it up. Aside from "Strange Frontier" [not "Man On Fire"] which was on the Greenpeace compilation, none of Roger's videos have seen the light of day on an official release. I guess it's okay to share them here. Source:

V.

Just because they have not been released as a Greatest Hits package does not make them any less official. In the eyes of the law - this is STILL copyright theft - end of story.

I suggest these are removed before this site gets into serious problems with the powers that be, as believe me, Roger can be be a real b*astard when it comes to someone steling his propert - Just ask around.

However, I do not need to justify myself, as I am not the one uploading, but, when this site does bite the dust, do not come crying to me with your stupid arguments.

YES This IS official. Now either get over it, or live with it, but it is your own backs you are burning.

bigV

Posted: 01 Mar 06, 02:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'll remove the link, but I still believe that this is ill-advised. This is grey area if I ever saw one.

V.

Ale_Pisa user not visiting Queenzone.com
Ale_Pisa
Bohemian: 901 posts

Posted: 01 Mar 06, 10:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John S Stuart wrote:

vlad_bg_1999 wrote:

John S Stuart wrote:

V.

Just because they have not been released as a Greatest Hits package does not make them any less official. In the eyes of the law - this is STILL copyright theft - end of story.

I suggest these are removed before this site gets into serious problems with the powers that be, as believe me, Roger can be be a real b*astard when it comes to someone steling his propert - Just ask around.

However, I do not need to justify myself, as I am not the one uploading, but, when this site does bite the dust, do not come crying to me with your stupid arguments.

YES This IS official. Now either get over it, or live with it, but it is your own backs you are burning.

ALL IS OFFICIAL!

Every bootleg is official!

I think there's many difference between OFFICIAL RELEASE and COPYRIGHT...

Sorry for my english! :(

Posted: 01 Mar 06, 16:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The issue is that the audio portion is entirely official.

bigV

Posted: 01 Mar 06, 16:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks wrote:

Let me get this straight. If I remove the audio from the clip, using a simple shareware program like Virtual Dub, the resulting silent video will be okay to share?

Does anyone else hear "bananas"?

V.

John S Stuart

Posted: 02 Mar 06, 15:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

vlad_bg_1999 wrote:

Whether we hear bananas or not, the LAW is the LAW, and Queen Productions WILL prosecute, why not just stick around and ask a few of the regular guys around here?

You would not expect to steal chickens from Tesco and expect Mrs Tessa Cohen to be happy about it - would you?

So why should the blatant theft from Queen Productions be seen as any less serious a crime - or any less prosecutionable?

Posted: 02 Mar 06, 17:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

vlad_bg_1999 wrote:

Thanks wrote:

Let me get this straight. If I remove the audio from the clip, using a simple shareware program like Virtual Dub, the resulting silent video will be okay to share?

V.

I didn't say it was a good law...

Seven_Seas_Of_Rhye II user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 709 posts

Posted: 02 Mar 06, 22:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John, just interesting - if so, we cannot share ANYthing here because, for example, The Millionare Waltz video that exists on Houston video torrent is just official song from 'The Races'.

???...???

Take this letter that I give you

Take it sonny hold it high

You won't understand a word that's in it

But you'll write it all again before you die
bigV

Posted: 03 Mar 06, 06:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John S Stuart wrote:

vlad_bg_1999 wrote:

Whether we hear bananas or not, the LAW is the LAW, and Queen Productions WILL prosecute, why not just stick around and ask a few of the regular guys around here?

You would not expect to steal chickens from Tesco and expect Mrs Tessa Cohen to be happy about it - would you?

So why should the blatant theft from Queen Productions be seen as any less serious a crime - or any less prosecutionable?

I've been a member of QueenZone for almost five years. Just because I don't write much doesn't mean that I am not a regular.

I understand what you're saying and I don't want QZ shut down any more than you do. Contrary to what you believe, you don't have the monopoly over caring about this community.

I'm merely saying that QueenZone has made it its policy to disallow the sharing of OFFICIALLY RELEASED material. On here you won't find any album tracks or even songs that were released on an obscure LP in an obscure country 30 years ago. You will however find UNRELEASED rareties, those may be bootleg audio, TV recordings, unreleased videos etc.

The issue is that we do not share anything that may be bought in a store, because if we do that we would be depriving all related companies and artists from their due profit.

Considering that there are certain things that you can't purchase in a store, such as Roger Taylor's solo videos or the complete Cyberbarn audio recording (the video only presented us with clips of the songs), I believe these things should be allowed on here.

You may of course disagree. I submit that you are an expert on Queen and a long-time member of this community. Perhaps as such it should be up to you to draw up a list of the things that we may or may not share on QueenZone.

Best regards,

Vlad

Ale_Pisa user not visiting Queenzone.com
Ale_Pisa
Bohemian: 901 posts

Posted: 03 Mar 06, 07:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

vlad_bg_1999 wrote:

John S Stuart wrote:

vlad_bg_1999 wrote:

I've been a member of QueenZone for almost five years. Just because I don't write much doesn't mean that I am not a regular.

I understand what you're saying and I don't want QZ shut down any more than you do. Contrary to what you believe, you don't have the monopoly over caring about this community.

I'm merely saying that QueenZone has made it its policy to disallow the sharing of OFFICIALLY RELEASED material. On here you won't find any album tracks or even songs that were released on an obscure LP in an obscure country 30 years ago. You will however find UNRELEASED rareties, those may be bootleg audio, TV recordings, unreleased videos etc.

The issue is that we do not share anything that may be bought in a store, because if we do that we would be depriving all related companies and artists from their due profit.

Considering that there are certain things that you can't purchase in a store, such as Roger Taylor's solo videos or the complete Cyberbarn audio recording (the video only presented us with clips of the songs), I believe these things should be allowed on here.

You may of course disagree. I submit that you are an expert on Queen and a long-time member of this community. Perhaps as such it should be up to you to draw up a list of the things that we may or may not share on QueenZone.

Best regards,

Vlad

I agree with you!

Sorry for my english! :(
bigV

Posted: 03 Mar 06, 08:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you, Ale!

V.

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 04 Mar 06, 13:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

At this juncture, I'd like to say that Man On Fire just overtook "Resurrection" as the silliest Queen-member video. FUCK that thing is funny, I seriously couldn't stop laughing at it.

If Roger is particularly litigious about this sort of thing, would we get sued for uploading his sex tapes to the Sharing the Music section?

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
bigV

Posted: 04 Mar 06, 19:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

At this juncture, I'd like to say that Man On Fire just overtook "Resurrection" as the silliest Queen-member video. FUCK that thing is funny, I seriously couldn't stop laughing at it.

If Roger is particularly litigious about this sort of thing, would we get sued for uploading his sex tapes to the Sharing the Music section?

It was the early 80's. All was forgiven back then, even Spandex and big hair.

Just look at John in the Radio Ga Ga video.

V.