Forums > Queen - General Discussion > music now (if thats what you call it)

forum rss feed
Author

firefox-inqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com


add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Mar 06, 14:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i hate music now ,i really ,really do. REASONS:

1. to much swearing.
2. not as much happy music
2. you dont have to do anything to get number 1 in
the charts.
3. No inspiration.
4. no effort
5. live concerts are rubbish.

there my top 5 dislikes of music today.

yes im' 14






queen=perfection


Freddie mercury R.I.P
flash! 28068 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2995 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Mar 06, 14:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I totally agree, darling!
Alot of music today is absolutely rubbish!
I hate rappers and how they don't and can't sing and say every word. Songs about how many whores they've been with or who they're going to shoot or constant swearing and violence or reference to drugs!
No wonder young generations are becoming un-civilised, rude and breaking the law every 5 seconds.
Queen is real music that people can fully appreciate and enjoy for a life time. I hope Queen music stays alive forever and some of the music today fades away and is never remembered...after all, there is no reason to want to remember crap like that!


"It’s not often we play in daylight, and I fucking well wish we did before, I can see you all now. And there are some beauties here tonight, I can tell you!" ;)
firefox-inqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com


add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Mar 06, 14:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

if you compare queen to bands now you will see that the crowds just dont have a real good time anymore. in a queen concert people would sing out and have the time of there life - power and inspiration





queen=perfection


Freddie mercury R.I.P
flash! 28068 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2995 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Mar 06, 14:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Artists today are so far up their back sides that they don't want the audience to join in!
"oh no, shut up and listen to my 'art' and ME ME ME!"...is basically what they're saying!
Everyone could really express themselves, join in and have a good time with Queen shows.
Alot of audiences today are too busy screaming, getting drunk and getting into fights!


"It’s not often we play in daylight, and I fucking well wish we did before, I can see you all now. And there are some beauties here tonight, I can tell you!" ;)
Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6327 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Mar 06, 15:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think all decades have got poot bits + good bits. It's unfair to put down everything going on currently just because it's not Beatles or Led Zeppelin.

> 1. to much swearing.

And surely Queen never used bad words...

> 2. not as much happy music

There's a larger variety now imo, but it doesn't mean "happy" music is over.

> 2. you dont have to do anything to get number 1 in the charts.

Totally disagree.

> 3. No inspiration.

Ditto.

> 4. no effort

Ditto.

> 5. live concerts are rubbish.

Ditto. In other words, which are your basis for such statements?

> Alot of music today is absolutely rubbish!

So is a lot of past music, so what?

> I hate rappers and how they don't and can't sing and say every word.

Perhaps not every word but most of them.

> Songs about how many whores they've been with

And surely 60s lyrics are fullfilled with Shakespearean quality...

> reference to drugs!

Yes, in opposite to 60s or 70s when there was NEVER any reference to drugs.

> No wonder young generations are becoming un-civilised

Younger generations are becoming uncivilised but imo it's not deeply related to music.

> rude and breaking the law every 5 seconds.

None of that is new.

> Queen is real music that people can fully appreciate and enjoy for a life time.

So are the Foos or Green Day, to some (including me).

> I hope Queen music stays alive forever and some of the music today fades away and is never remembered...

Why? Just because you don't like it nobody else is entitled to?

> there is no reason to want to remember crap like that!

I love a lot of that crap, and I'm incredibly proud to say that.

> if you compare queen to bands now you will see that the crowds just dont have a real good time anymore.

If so they wouldn't attend the gigs.

> in a queen concert people would sing out and have the time of there life - power and inspiration

It's not a rule. There's a world outside Queen, you know...

> Artists today are so far up their back sides that they don't want the audience to join in!

I was part of the audience when we sang along to Black Eyed Peas. Green Day do ask the crowd to sing as well, even blink-182. Post '79 acts can make music, not everything is Beatles + Zeppelin.

> "oh no, shut up and listen to my 'art' and ME ME ME!"...is basically what they're saying!

Which artists have you watched?

> Everyone could really express themselves, join in and have a good time with Queen shows.

Surely...

> Alot of audiences today are too busy screaming, getting drunk and getting into fights!

Yes, there was never a fight in a Queen concert...


John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
flash! 28068 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2995 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Mar 06, 15:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Seb, dear. I see what you mean.
I was refering to how SOME artists are compared to Queen. Yeah, alot of bands today rock and will be remembered possibly just as much as Queen has but i was refering to some artists, in my own opinion, that aren't really 'talented'.
You are right also by saying some bands back then were just as bad as some today though, i must say.
But what i meant was about the type of music that influences violence, crime, etc is becoming even more of a problem and is setting in to the younger generation even more so at a much younger age. This is encouraging kids to want to be like the rapper and get guns, have whores, take drugs, etc.
But i see what you mean about it happening in the past aswell, for example, in 1979 Sid Vicious did a music video for his crazy version of 'My Way' and at the end of the video he pretended to shoot the audience with a gun.
His actions actually rubbed off on some of his fans and caused kids to commit arson attacks and gun related crimes, etc.


"It’s not often we play in daylight, and I fucking well wish we did before, I can see you all now. And there are some beauties here tonight, I can tell you!" ;)
Mercury007 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 28 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Mar 06, 16:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

firefox-inqueen wrote:

i hate music now ,i really ,really do. REASONS:

1. to much swearing.
2. not as much happy music
2. you dont have to do anything to get number 1 in
the charts.
3. No inspiration.
4. no effort
5. live concerts are rubbish.

there my top 5 dislikes of music today.

yes im' 14






queen=perfection


Totally agree - I'm 14 too, and 'music' nowdays is rubbish - I agree with every point!!!


^

Andy Bragg



Bass Player and Lover of all Queen Songs!
rinocasino user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 4 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Mar 06, 16:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There was a fight during a queenconcert..


Walla walla
Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6327 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Mar 06, 16:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My point is that many people reject everything modern just because it's not 70s or 60s. I think people should be more open minded: there are many poor records now (just as much as any year), and likewise there are many marvellous productions (just as much as any year). Try to break the inertia.


John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
jordanjo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 82 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Mar 06, 16:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i somewhat agree, Queen is the best and theres nothing better than Queen and Zeppelin, everyone should listen to Queen because other bands suck

RETROLOVE user not visiting Queenzone.com
RETROLOVE
Deity: 2522 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Mar 06, 16:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, I have to agree with the orginal poster!

But there is also some good music out also, I really believe that. But for the most part, its all booty shaken, gun glocking, killing etc, W/the more known rappers, 50 cent, Luda, Nelly, the Game, Jay-Z, Three Six Mafia (they won a oscar last night).Its hard for us to understand, cause thats where THEY came from. But hip-hop has very intersting roots, and its all about the stuggle, for real, some of favorite groups are DILATED PEOPLES, SLUM VILLAGE, THE ROOTS, COMMON, Kanye West, Mos Def, etc! I actually like classic hip-hop better than today, it came from the ashes of Disco, and people thought it was a fad, but it really wasnt, as people see. Its been here for 20+ years and its not going away, trust me! People thought Rock music/ aka the devils music was a fad too back in 50's, and you see where that went, lol. Always remember SEX SELLS and RHYMES pay!! But I dont like the way they (rappers) protray women in those videos, especially the way they protray African-American women (I'm black by the way) But I have a very open mind when it comes to music, which I love and adore, and QUEEN one my favorite rock band of all time!

My brothers (who listen to rap, hip-hop etc.) always laughs at me when I listen to QUEEN but do you think I care, nope!


Loving the pass, cherishing the present, and looking forward to the future

Freddie_Jr. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 173 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Mar 06, 17:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I know exactly how you feel, and believe it or not I'm trying to turn that around. The current band I am in is very 70's rock influenced (Mostly Queen and Zeppelin) and we're trying to turn this decline in music around. I can't promise we'll be up to Queen standards, but we have been putting a lot of effort into our songs, and when we play live we stay true to wanting our crowds to have a good time. Hopefully we'll make it big enough to make a difference.


Wear a rubber next time Freddie =(
LadyMoonshineDown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 894 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Mar 06, 17:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sure, the mainstream stuff in which you kiddies hear isn't that great. But don't diss a generation of music if you haven't heard all of it.
Don't even try to disagree with me, because you are wrong.
Why are you wrong? Because you haven't heard nearly a quarter of stuff that's out; there is a lot of music (much of it I have reviewed)that stays underground on indie labels. And for those of you who didn't know, "Indie" isn't a type of music; it's not under a rock catagory, but just a name for independently made music. There's indie rap, indie hiphop, etc; it's not just a "ooh look, indie music must be like an obscure form of rock!"
Wrong, you twit.
Anyhow, most of you (who are young) doubt the talent of music today because of what you hear in the mainstream and/or press. Well try this out for a change: don't base your opinion off of the mainstream and, in place of your dull listenings, hunt for some new music. Trust me, it's there. You know, if you stick with your "golden oldies" of classic rock or whatever, you'll miss out on what YOUR generation has to offer--I hate to break it to you, but if you're only living in a certain era that wasn't even a time you were thought of, then you need to get out more, and discover more; musically, that is.

It's about having an open mind, not a closed one.
Cheers


"Today I saw an American flag flying at full mast and I was reassured--I knew someone....somewhere....was alive."
Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6327 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Mar 06, 18:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I fully agree


John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
DreaminQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1382 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Mar 06, 19:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ok...

I agree that the mainstream stuff is rather awful..
And ive tried listening to new stuff, and i just cant get into it, its not me.

Now QUEEN and the BEATLES are WITHOUT a DOUBT MY MOST FAVORITE FLIPPIN BANDS EVER!!!!
But i do like a few newer bands that i dont know how many of you ahve heard of them like KEANE and SCISSOR SISTERS (<-- they're fun to listen to, kinda elton johnish but w/ their own twist)
But outside of that, i cannot get into new stuff, ive tried. I just connect best with 60's/70's stuff.

Now as far as sex is concerned, its a theme of life, music and literature. But its the way that its portrayed in rap/hiphop music today that i have a problem with. I mean its just girls with nothing on shaking everything to appeal to others. Sex is a serious and beautiful thing that should be as such with someone you love.

However, i do agree with the fact that my generation is pretty much out of control. But theres alot of factors adding to that, one for example is that most parents (not all im generalizing here) aren't as in tune with their kids or care about their kids today. Everything is at an outrageous speed in the age of computers and socially it seems as if everyones trying to advace as quick as technology and its not necessary. Everyone needs to slow down and enjoy growing up.

And yes im only 16.



Hooligan's Holiday user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hooligan's Holiday
Royalty: 1002 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Mar 06, 19:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sebastian wrote:

I think all decades have got poot bits + good bits. It's unfair to put down everything going on currently just because it's not Beatles or Led Zeppelin.

> 1. to much swearing.

And surely Queen never used bad words...



I don't know if that was sarcasm, considering this is a message board, but *hem hem* Son & Daughter anyone???


We are, we are the saints

We signed our life away

Doesn't matter what you think

We're gonna do it anyway

We are, we are the saints

One day you will confess

And pray to the

Saints of Los Angeles
Freya is quietly judging you. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Meh.
Freya is quietly judging you.
Deity: 5913 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Mar 06, 19:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LadyMoonshineDown wrote:


Sure, the mainstream stuff in which you kiddies hear isn't that great. But don't diss a generation of music if you haven't heard all of it.
Don't even try to disagree with me, because you are wrong.
Why are you wrong? Because you haven't heard nearly a quarter of stuff that's out; there is a lot of music (much of it I have reviewed)that stays underground on indie labels. And for those of you who didn't know, "Indie" isn't a type of music; it's not under a rock catagory, but just a name for independently made music. There's indie rap, indie hiphop, etc; it's not just a "ooh look, indie music must be like an obscure form of rock!"
Wrong, you twit.
Anyhow, most of you (who are young) doubt the talent of music today because of what you hear in the mainstream and/or press. Well try this out for a change: don't base your opinion off of the mainstream and, in place of your dull listenings, hunt for some new music. Trust me, it's there. You know, if you stick with your "golden oldies" of classic rock or whatever, you'll miss out on what YOUR generation has to offer--I hate to break it to you, but if you're only living in a certain era that wasn't even a time you were thought of, then you need to get out more, and discover more; musically, that is.

I agree partly with what you said but being a teenager I have to say I have tried all types of music (and I mean 'all' not just the mainstream) and I came to the conclusion that mostly I prefer classic rock and I don't think that means I have to get out more I think it's just my personal preference. You seem to have the idea that the young ones are just wrong which I find patronising just because a few of the young ones here are completely ignorant and immature doesn't mean everybody under a certain age is.

LadyMoonshineDown wrote:


It's about having an open mind, not a closed one.
Cheers

To be fair, for teenagers to be into Queen in the first place they obviously have an reasonably open mind to go against what their friends like and what's basically the social norm to like theses days and to have Queen as their favourite band.

Probably most of what I've said doesn't make too much sense because I'm ill tonight but I'm sure you get what I mean to say.

LadyMoonshineDown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 894 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Mar 06, 20:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=violet>Poppy wrote:

LadyMoonshineDown wrote:


Sure, the mainstream stuff in which you kiddies hear isn't that great. But don't diss a generation of music if you haven't heard all of it.
Don't even try to disagree with me, because you are wrong.
Why are you wrong? Because you haven't heard nearly a quarter of stuff that's out; there is a lot of music (much of it I have reviewed)that stays underground on indie labels. And for those of you who didn't know, "Indie" isn't a type of music; it's not under a rock catagory, but just a name for independently made music. There's indie rap, indie hiphop, etc; it's not just a "ooh look, indie music must be like an obscure form of rock!"
Wrong, you twit.
Anyhow, most of you (who are young) doubt the talent of music today because of what you hear in the mainstream and/or press. Well try this out for a change: don't base your opinion off of the mainstream and, in place of your dull listenings, hunt for some new music. Trust me, it's there. You know, if you stick with your "golden oldies" of classic rock or whatever, you'll miss out on what YOUR generation has to offer--I hate to break it to you, but if you're only living in a certain era that wasn't even a time you were thought of, then you need to get out more, and discover more; musically, that is.

I agree partly with what you said but being a teenager I have to say I have tried all types of music (and I mean 'all' not just the mainstream) and I came to the conclusion that mostly I prefer classic rock and I don't think that means I have to get out more I think it's just my personal preference. You seem to have the idea that the young ones are just wrong which I find patronising just because a few of the young ones here are completely ignorant and immature doesn't mean everybody under a certain age is.

LadyMoonshineDown wrote:


It's about having an open mind, not a closed one.
Cheers

To be fair, for teenagers to be into Queen in the first place they obviously have an reasonably open mind to go against what their friends like and what's basically the social norm to like theses days and to have Queen as their favourite band.

Probably most of what I've said doesn't make too much sense because I'm ill tonight but I'm sure you get what I mean to say.


I do get what you say, and I should really cool down before I make a post because you're right; there are teenagers who limit their music intake, but not ALL teenagers. However, I do feel a bit justified in saying that their age has a lot to do with their acceptance of music, or lack thereof, because I am talking to THEM about their statements. But thanks for the heads up---I know you're not like that, and I ought to clarify that. :)


"Today I saw an American flag flying at full mast and I was reassured--I knew someone....somewhere....was alive."
Joeker user not visiting Queenzone.com
Joeker
Bohemian: 753 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Mar 06, 20:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

well music has sucked ever since after 91.


Roger: Can I go To Lunch Now?

Brian: No, You Can't...

---------------------------------------

Freddie: Oh Shit, All this crap again?!



"If I had to do it all over again, yes why not? why not
Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6327 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Mar 06, 23:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

> I don't know if that was sarcasm

Of course it was ;)

> I have tried all types of music (and I mean 'all' not just the mainstream) and I came to the conclusion that mostly I prefer classic rock

It's impossible to try out 'all' types... anyway, if you prefer classic rock it's all right, but it doesn't mean it'd be fair to put down a song or album just because of its issuing date. I'm sure many people would have loved any of the new Backstreet Boys' singles if they'd been written or sung by Brian or Roger.

> and I don't think that means I have to get out more I think it's just my personal preference.

It doesn't.

> because a few of the young ones here are completely ignorant and immature doesn't mean everybody under a certain age is.

Agreed. Likewise, just because some recent releases are mediocre it doesn't mean every album of this century is. American Idiot, for instance, is marvellously written, very well played, well sung, notably well produced, then why is it put down so much by classic rock fans? Surely everybody's entitled to their opinion, and it's completely respectable if somebody still prefers Dark Side or Led Zeppelin II over American Idiot (or Monkey Business), but still it doesn't mean that everything recent has to be shit.

> To be fair, for teenagers to be into Queen in the first place they obviously have an reasonably open mind to go against what their friends like

That's sort of a rushed conclusion imo.



John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.