Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Is the tour that disasterous?!!

forum rss feed
Author

AlexRocks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1358 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Mar 06, 22:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow! Only 2,000 people bought tickets for the Queen show in Jacksonville??!!! They could only give away another 2,500??!!! Well, this tour is disasterous. At this rate this will be the last time that they tour the U.S. for sure. Is this information wrong or what? What's going on? Why is there no P.R. person for Queen to confront how there is an apparent agenda for them to fail in the U.S. by the media and them not having any promotion?! They can sell out every other corner on Earth yet here the American public have chosen beer, rap music, and video games over something far more worthwhile. Are you all really not that interested in Queen? How sad.

rhaps1988 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 3 posts

Posted: 06 Mar 06, 22:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You got wrong information. There were atleast 12000 people at Jax arena. I have seen people buying and selling tickets outside. There is no free pass as some posts are suggesting. We bought our tickets for 110 a piece. The arena went nuts before WWRY. I have never seen such energy. So no doom and gloom. Enjoy the tour.

AlexRocks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1358 posts

Posted: 06 Mar 06, 22:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I hope you know what you are talking about. I was about to jump off this cliff over here...

Also thank you for taking the time to read and respond to my post so quickly. I know I was probably too hectic and reacting the wrong way.

stateside fan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 632 posts

Posted: 06 Mar 06, 23:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the attendance for Jax was 9100 est.where do people get these crazy numbers from?

john pistlli
jasen101 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 746 posts

Posted: 06 Mar 06, 23:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Don't worry guys...the tour is rocking...remember...no support act! Aerosmith would do worse if they didnt have Lenny Kravitz or Cheap Trick...believe me!

Freddie: "Yes, we'll have a great big cock fly over the crowd!"

Roadies: "Yeah! Great Idea!"

Freddie: "And it will fly into a great big mouth with a moustache!"

teleman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 740 posts

Posted: 07 Mar 06, 01:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There is a serious lack of promotion for this tour.
The local radio station promoting Q+PR seems unaware that they are playing here in under 2 weeks.

rockyracoon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 173 posts

Posted: 07 Mar 06, 02:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Let's not forget that we're talking here about Jacksonville. A minor market, probably the smallest city on the Queen tour. And in the deep South, where Lynyrd Skynyrd, country music and the Dixie Chicks rule. There is NO tradition of rock & roll music in Jacksonville, and certainly no Queen history there. One can only conclude that Queen opted to stop in Jacksonville in order to get warmed up for the bigger shows to come.

Nonetheless, those of you in Europe need to remember that Queen never had a large fan base in the U.S. There is certainly a group of hardcore Queen freaks, but we are a relatively small group. But until the current Queen tour hits the major markets in the U.S., it's far too early to conclude that the tour is disastrous.

freddiefan_fl user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 7 posts

Posted: 07 Mar 06, 08:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree that there is no need for Kenny Chesney to promote his shows here. He would be able to fill up the stadium if he wants to. I have been to several concerts in Jax. It doesn't matter the type of music, most of them are sold out. Aerosmith sold out even when on the same night Jaguars were playing their playoff game. I couldn't get tickets for Fleetwood Mac. They should have promoted this show better.

Jazz 78 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 502 posts

Posted: 07 Mar 06, 08:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nicely put! The other possible reason for starting in such a small market area is to work out any kinks in the show so by the time they get to bigger areas in the country they'll be worked out and the band should be finely tuned at that point. Just because you take up jogging on a Monday doesn't mean you're ready for a marathon on Wednesday. They'll do fine. They're not in it for the money... they made that decades ago. Their here to entertain us so enjoy!

Killjoy Badguy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 07 Mar 06, 09:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The tour IS a disaster. All these misguided folks commenting on seeing QUEEN, when all they're getting is watered-down, washed-out, rock-star posturing. What happened, guys?
All hail John Deacon!
Stay away from Duluth!

*this ain't queen, lads & lasses ... sorry

Haystacks Calhoun user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1550 posts

Posted: 07 Mar 06, 11:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The tools are coming out of the woodwork....

"Not a fan of the ladies, are you Trebek?"

Sean Connery

Posted: 07 Mar 06, 11:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Tools?
Who da suckers paying to see the old-guy cover band?
A real Lame Shame!

True American Queen fans, stay strong!

[Crazy Europeans, you're excused. Enjoy the show]

teleman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 740 posts

Posted: 07 Mar 06, 11:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Killjoy Badguy wrote:

Tools?
Who da suckers paying to see the old-guy cover band?
A real Lame Shame!

True American Queen fans, stay strong!

[Crazy Europeans, you're excused. Enjoy the show]

Nice of you to join QZ today. Which of BPP's posse/multiple personalities are you supposed to be?

Posted: 07 Mar 06, 11:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

don't know what BPP posse is ... but I have been playing all the Brian May rockers on my ipod today ... Dead On Time right into It's Late ... right ON! ... trying to erase the image of that guy from The Firm comin' at me on a catwalk tellin' me he feels like makin' love while the great Brian May riffs on ... aaaaarggh!!!

*y'all know I'm right!

coops user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 403 posts

Posted: 07 Mar 06, 13:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

freddiefan_fl wrote:

I agree that there is no need for Kenny Chesney to promote his shows here. He would be able to fill up the stadium if he wants to. I have been to several concerts in Jax. It doesn't matter the type of music, most of them are sold out. Aerosmith sold out even when on the same night Jaguars were playing their playoff game. I couldn't get tickets for Fleetwood Mac. They should have promoted this show better.

I was at the Jax show and did not talk to one person who was actually from the town. I live in Gainesville, others I met were from tennessee, Georgia, Tampa, Louisianna, Orlando. This was the same at the Aerosmith show also. I don't think it's the kind of town where non-fans are likely to pay to see a rock band when they have nothing else to do. Tampa or Orlando perhaps, but not Jacksonville.

zone user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 261 posts

Posted: 07 Mar 06, 14:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

let's keep it real peaple, it's not QUEEN. It's Roger Taylor, Bian May and Paul Rodgers with no new songs and their still pulling in 8 to 10,000 peaple in florida [ which is a salsa state.] I'd like to see what Joe Perry and Joey Kramer would pull in with Robin Zander singing. Remember this is a one time gig' so let's have some fun with some great music.

1bigdaddycool user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 33 posts

Posted: 07 Mar 06, 14:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

.....I'd like to see what Joe Perry and Joey Kramer would pull in with Robin Zander singing.

JP, Joey Kramer & Robin Zander! I'M in! one thing I know for for sure they wouldn't be playin' it safe.

The Stealer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 738 posts

Posted: 07 Mar 06, 14:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Killjoy Badguy wrote:

don't know what BPP posse is ... but I have been playing all the Brian May rockers on my ipod today ... Dead On Time right into It's Late ... right ON! ... trying to erase the image of that guy from The Firm comin' at me on a catwalk tellin' me he feels like makin' love while the great Brian May riffs on ... aaaaarggh!!!

*y'all know I'm right!

No you are not! Enjoy your ipod.

Posted: 07 Mar 06, 15:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What are you talking about playing it safe. No new material, no opening band, and they haven't played here in 24 year's. Thats about as dangerous as it get's buddy.

Posted: 07 Mar 06, 15:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

P.s I am an AEROSMITH fan also. My coment was not a shot at AEROSMITH.