Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > New JD interviw?

forum rss feed
Author

Bobby_brown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2300 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Mar 06, 13:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You can read in the queen news sestion on BM soapbox that the new DVD will include new interviews of the Three members of Queen.

I know that it can be a mistake, but until then i think there´s a possibility of a new John interview.

Take care

.DeaconJohn. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 437 posts

Posted: 07 Mar 06, 13:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That would be amazing, but won't happen.

I wonder if the 'third member' being referred to is Paul Rogers?

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 07 Mar 06, 13:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think they meant new interviews with Brian and Roger...

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 07 Mar 06, 14:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This is something I've never understood.

George Harrison was the classic 'recluse', yet he didn't seem to have any problems giving *exhaustive* amounts of interview material for the Anthology.

WHY THE HELL does that *blob* Deacon go on collection paychecks while showing absolutely no interest in Queen anymore?
I'm not talking about Q+PR either. For a moment I'll pretend I hate the idea.
The fact is he could still make himself useful in interviews and commentaries!

I dunno. It's frustrating is all, I hope he enjoys his well earned retirement, but this kind of behaviour is antithetical, to me at least.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller

Posted: 07 Mar 06, 19:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry... wrote:

I think they meant new interviews with Brian and Roger...

Yes, you`re probably right. I didn`t read the oficial press release. I read this one from the rockradio in the soapbox:

"As reported by www.therockradio.com

Queen's landmark 1975 album A Night At The Opera will be the subject of the next DVD in the Classic Albums series. The disc, which comes out on March 21st, was produced in cooperation with guitarist Brian May and drummer Roger Taylor. It includes new interviews with May, Taylor, retired Queen bassist John Deacon, producer Roy Thomas Baker, and admirers such as Aerosmith's Joe Perry, ex-Mott The Hoople frontman Ian Hunter, and Nuno Bettencourt of Extreme..."

Well, i guess JD isn`t talking this time either!
I respect his decision but this i don`t understand. Not even an interview for this masterpiece album? What`s wrong with him?
I`ve seen people retiring but this is another level (to say the least).

Take care

Munchsack user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1770 posts

Posted: 08 Mar 06, 12:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I read that ther IS an interview with Deaky, and it mentioned him BY NAME, so it must be. Can't remember where, though.

This can't end well.
Mr Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
Mr Mercury
Deity: 4632 posts

Posted: 08 Mar 06, 13:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

This is something I've never understood.

George Harrison was the classic 'recluse', yet he didn't seem to have any problems giving *exhaustive* amounts of interview material for the Anthology.

WHY THE HELL does that *blob* Deacon go on collection paychecks while showing absolutely no interest in Queen anymore?
I'm not talking about Q+PR either. For a moment I'll pretend I hate the idea.
The fact is he could still make himself useful in interviews and commentaries!

I dunno. It's frustrating is all, I hope he enjoys his well earned retirement, but this kind of behaviour is antithetical, to me at least.

He continues to collect paychecks for the work he did do as a part of Queen namely, all those songs he wrote and all those he performed on. And he is quite correct to do so in my opinion.

"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."
Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 08 Mar 06, 13:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

and you WOULDN'T collect? yeah right!

Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 08 Mar 06, 14:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I believe the point Zebonka was making is this... JD gets what he is due from royalties and what-not, but doesn't seem to bother to allow an interview or appearance now and then. It's a shame for the fans.

However, we all understand that JD is a shy reclusive type that wants to just hide away. Fair enough. But there are some things that he should try and do, e.g. classic albums. Otherwise, the fans miss out on his input on these matters. It'd be great to hear from him in an interview.

Peace,
Adam.

Brian_Mays_Wig user not visiting Queenzone.com
Brian_Mays_Wig
Deity: 2934 posts

Posted: 08 Mar 06, 19:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam Baboolal wrote:

I believe the point Zebonka was making is this... JD gets what he is due from royalties and what-not, but doesn't seem to bother to allow an interview or appearance now and then. It's a shame for the fans.

However, we all understand that JD is a shy reclusive type that wants to just hide away. Fair enough. But there are some things that he should try and do, e.g. classic albums. Otherwise, the fans miss out on his input on these matters. It'd be great to hear from him in an interview.

Peace,
Adam.

Totally agreed Adam.
It must piss Brian and Roger off to some point too.

Chom own mudder fukker.
Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2393 posts

Posted: 09 Mar 06, 04:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Whilst it would indeed be nice, it's not like he owes it to the fans, if he has decided to retire why the hell should he have to do anything, and the royalties are in effect his pension (not that he would need it) but once you retire then frankly you should be allowed to do what you want with your time.
If he didn't like speaking in public and doing intervies when he was working, I don't think there is much chance of he doing it in retirement.

"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 09 Mar 06, 04:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John doesn't force Brian and Roger to make tours, play songs and make stupid musicals, why they have to piss off about his retirement?!

bobo the chimp

Posted: 09 Mar 06, 06:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"and you WOULDN'T collect? yeah right!"

It's *lazy*. He's not retirement age yet. If I were in his position I'd still be doing stuff!

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
TheGame user not visiting Queenzone.com
Yes dear, i DO want it all ;)
TheGame
Royalty: 1076 posts

Posted: 09 Mar 06, 11:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Seems to me JD is trying to forget/ignore is past. You can`t run from it, so start live with it JD. Such a shame he can`t even give an interview or comment regrding this classic.

Posted: 09 Mar 06, 13:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Togg wrote:

Whilst it would indeed be nice, it's not like he owes it to the fans, if he has decided to retire why the hell should he have to do anything, and the royalties are in effect his pension (not that he would need it) but once you retire then frankly you should be allowed to do what you want with your time.
If he didn't like speaking in public and doing intervies when he was working, I don't think there is much chance of he doing it in retirement.

He doesn`t owes anything to the fans, but he could try and do something for the thing he helped creating!
Those interviews are very personal, he doesn`t have to worry about anything (it`s not tabloids or something). But while he refuses to do so, we have Nuno Bettencourt and Joe Perry guiving interviews for this release, so i think it would be nice for him to do the same.

Even with the re-releases of the movies in DVD we have new interviews from actors, directors, etc, after 20 years. I know that he must have a very good reason, but retirent isn`t the one!

Take care

kdj2hot user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 965 posts

Posted: 09 Mar 06, 19:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bobby_brown wrote:

Togg wrote:

He doesn`t owes anything to the fans, but he could try and do something for the thing he helped creating!
Those interviews are very personal, he doesn`t have to worry about anything (it`s not tabloids or something). But while he refuses to do so, we have Nuno Bettencourt and Joe Perry guiving interviews for this release, so i think it would be nice for him to do the same.

Even with the re-releases of the movies in DVD we have new interviews from actors, directors, etc, after 20 years. I know that he must have a very good reason, but retirent isn`t the one!

Take care

First of all who said JOhn isn't being interviewed? I haven't read anything that excluded him. The only source used says there's a new interview from him. As simple as that, until otherwise noted we should continue with that in mind.

Regardless it's ignorant to say it's lazy. Do you know the way he spends his days? I doubt you do. Who says he's lazy. He shouldn't be forced to participate in anything he doesn't want to do. As simple as that. Not only is it wrong to put him in that position and would hurt the product because he probably wouldn't come across as sincere if he really didn't want to do it.

bobo the chimp

Posted: 10 Mar 06, 11:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Do you know the way he spends his days?"

He drinks tea and watches One Flew Over the Cukoo's Nest.
I also hear he's very fond of cardigan shopping (mostly beige cardigans though).

Gr8 King Rat user not visiting Queenzone.com
go Cubs go!
Gr8 King Rat
Bohemian: 423 posts

Posted: 10 Mar 06, 12:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

From what i hear he doesnt even write messages for the Queen fan club magazine anymore...

I can understand John NOT wanting to tour...but he cant even write a letter to his fans a few times a year? Come on...he just doesnt give a shit anymore.

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 10 Mar 06, 13:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John does not owe anybody anything...

Gr8 King Rat user not visiting Queenzone.com
go Cubs go!
Gr8 King Rat
Bohemian: 423 posts

Posted: 10 Mar 06, 13:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PieterMC wrote:

John does not owe anybody anything...

You're 100% right....

But in doing so, I think he's a jerk. I dont know how anyone else feels.