Forums > Personal > Has James Bond had his days?

forum rss feed
Author

-luke_taylor- 28432 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 664 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Mar 06, 15:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

well after Pierce brosnan who was brilliant in my eyes we got a blonde bond (Daniel Craig), has this guy got acting skills?, so far while filming hes got prickly heat and also had 2 teeth knocked out. i thought james bond was meant to be a good looking womanizer but daniel craig looks like hes had the full dumbell set whacked in his face, also his next car aint a bmw, aston or lotus, its a ford mondeo automatic, apparently daniel cant drive manuals lol

To me the best bond was Timothy Dalton, what you guys think?

purples a fruit
user name user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1449 posts

Posted: 07 Mar 06, 15:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm going to be perfectly honest: I think Brosnan was the best Bond.

Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.

Posted: 07 Mar 06, 16:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

brosnan was kewl especially in goldeneye, hes my 2nd best, so u like daniel craig?

purples a fruit

Posted: 07 Mar 06, 16:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color = "crimson">ThomasQuinn wrote:

I suppose waiting for the film to actually come out before passing your judgement is not an option? I mean, that way, you might ACTUALLY have a clue what you're talking about?

I agree with ThomasQuinn, except in a kinder, more diplomatic way.

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 07 Mar 06, 16:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hehehe, indeed.
Anyway Brosnan is my fave so far.

Killed by drones.
David Jones user not visiting Queenzone.com
David Jones
Deity: 2469 posts

Posted: 07 Mar 06, 16:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sean Connery is the stereotypical Bond. Brosnan was good but too smarmy. Dalton was pretty good action wise, but had poor taste in the ladies and didnt stay around long enough to establish the roll. Roger Moore all the way for me! Maybe not the best in a cool spy way, but great for cheese value! Daniel Craig will become a one off like George Lazenby.

Just come up with a tedius crap link. The two films Queen did sountracks for had James Bond actors in! Sean in Highlander as Ramirez and Tim as that green bloke in Flash. Sad, I know.

"Freddie would have loved it" - Brian May

Posted: 07 Mar 06, 17:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm just wondering, why couldn't they get Brosnan back? That would've been perfect.

Posted: 07 Mar 06, 17:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I suppose waiting for the film to actually come out before passing your judgement is not an option? I mean, that way, you might ACTUALLY have a clue what you're talking about?

What you mean!!! its obviously gonna be a shambles have you seen this guy act, he even admitted that he wasnt taking it seriously hes only doing it because he had the opportunity to be bond,

purples a fruit
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 07 Mar 06, 18:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Musicman wrote:

I'm just wondering, why couldn't they get Brosnan back? That would've been perfect.

Brosnan wasn't too keen on making any more Bond movies. He said he'd only do it if they paid him $50 million, but MGM refused.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2390 posts

Posted: 08 Mar 06, 04:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nail and head my friend, well said, I love the way kids on this board wade in a slag off stuff before they hear it or see it. But hey one day with a bit of luck someone will be giving them the same harsh treatment when they try to make something of themselves, so I guess what goes around comes around.

"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

Posted: 08 Mar 06, 07:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How the fuck am i a kid, ill probably make more of my life than you ever would, maybe one day when your collecting your pension and theres a war on and these kids are fighting/ruling the country you might see different, why do people in there 40s think they have the right to judge younger peoples oppinions, are you smarter or just plain dumb?

purples a fruit
Togg

Posted: 08 Mar 06, 08:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good luck making all that money, by the way I run a company and I have been the Managing Director of three others, one stock market listed. So come back when you can match that.

If you don't want to be treated like a kid then don't write ignorant statements. It's not your opinion that I find stupid, it's the way you phrase it, has he got any acting skills, well why not wait and see, seems like a few directors have thought so otherwise he would never have had any work.

For christ sake, why pre-judge something when you have no information or knowledge, that is ignorannce at it's height.

"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

Posted: 08 Mar 06, 08:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

you run a company oh wow you had to nip that in the bud, my dad has a pub and a restraunt, how about i go and run one of them for him so i can be a stuck up git like you, you seem like someone that doesnt go out much, must be hard

purples a fruit
Togg

Posted: 08 Mar 06, 09:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good answer, you are really showning your smarter side with that witty retort.

Posted: 08 Mar 06, 09:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Any way he has no acting skills, hes rubbish, he was wank in tomb raider and young indiana jones and he was rubbish in most of his films, he was even crap at the james bond press interviews and that wasnt even meant to be acting

purples a fruit
Togg

Posted: 08 Mar 06, 09:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Look, I don't disagree with you about the fact it's a shame they replaced the best Bond in years, but why not wait until you have seen something to comment on.

The fact is he may turn out to be the best yet, we don't know, but making a statement that he has no acting skills is as lame and the folk that say PR can't sing, he clearly does have acting skills as the producers would not risk such a money making francise on an untalented actor.

He has done some very good work, have you seen his TV and film CV?

All I am saying is to judge before you have seen is not very smart, you don't know anything, fine you may not like the choice, but maybe one day someone will choose you for something, if they do I hope others will give you the benefit of the doubt before casting you aside!

Posted: 08 Mar 06, 13:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bump

purples a fruit
Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 08 Mar 06, 13:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Togg, you're being a little harsh on Luke. We're all entitled to our opinions, but yours I find interesting:

Togg wrote:

by the way I run a company and I have been the Managing Director of three others, one stock market listed. So come back when you can match that.

What does that have to do with acting skills and James Bond? That sounds like shameless self-promotion. Kudos to your business saavy! Perhaps Donald Trump will choose you.

has he got any acting skills, well why not wait and see, seems like a few directors have thought so otherwise he would never have had any work.

Roger Moore looked like he was 80 in A View To A Kill, but they went ahead with him anyway. While Pierce has aged, I don't think it was a wise choice. He has a lot more skins than this new Bond, and let's compare resumes. I don't even know that new Bond's name, yet everyone knew Sean Connery, Roger Moore, Pierce Brosnan, David Niven, and Timothy Dalton. My opinion is: This must be another George Lanzby. There's always a crappy Bond in between two good ones.

For christ sake, why pre-judge something when you have no information or knowledge, that is ignorannce at it's height.

Then why do the actors hit the talk shows when they release a film?
Why do they review movies, albums, and books?
Why don't you attack Queenzoners who say "I hope the next DVD is good"?

It's not Ignorance (spelled correctly), it's Anticipation.

Thank you for listening.

Posted: 08 Mar 06, 14:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Cheers, your my new best friend

purples a fruit
Taylor-Mayed user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 7134 posts

Posted: 08 Mar 06, 14:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, Daniel Craig can act. He's utterly wonderful in "Our Friends in the North", for a start.

Why he's decided to slum it in James Bond is, of course, another matter.