Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > D.C knew what to do! Brian FELL!!!! again

forum rss feed
Author

mercmerc user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 40 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Mar 06, 00:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Attendance was not good. It was great!!! Almost packed. You had to search for empty seats and most of those were top of the bowl.

I was in NY for the show and this was better! One guy told me in was at game 4 of the World Series when the sox won and this was better.

Brian fell into the pit where the piano was coming up with Paul. Scared the hell out of me and others around us. Stage hands tried to grab him. They helped pull him out. The Red Special had to be handed off for a check-up. It's ok! Paul and Roger kept looking at him and asking him if he was ok. When Brian came back. Brian I think twinged his back. He pointed to it a couple times. Brian also seemed to be hobbled just a bit. But pay it no mind. He was on fire and determined.The show and atmosphere were GREAT!!!

I was in the second row at the catwalk! Doesnt get any better baby!!!!

Morgan

To the guy and his wife with the Jazz Tour jacket. We spoke at HRC and after the show. I did also speak with you at the Meodowlands. Thanks for coming over and chatting with me at HRC. I was the odd one out.

Cheers

Posted: 10 Mar 06, 00:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

forgive my crappy grammar

Adam Unger (QueenVault.com) user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Unger (QueenVault.com)
Bohemian: 347 posts

Posted: 10 Mar 06, 00:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just got back from the DC show myself... wow was that crowd intense! Great performance from the band... Crowd and performance were way better than the NJ show.

QueenVault.com

Updated October 2, 2016

Posted: 10 Mar 06, 00:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It definatley was a very intense crowd. They/we were very into it. I could sware as the show wore on it got louder and louder. Roger gave one drumstick to a child on his fathers shoulders. Lucky kid

goodco user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 371 posts

Posted: 10 Mar 06, 01:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Morgan, it was great to briefly meet you before, and then after the show.

And since you mentioned it, getting the chance to wear that Jazz tour jacket is a thrill when people know what it's all about. All those admiring glances is certainly an ego boost. Or are they admiring my wife and that black leather Queen crest jacket? Hmmmmmmm.........

Good luck to Cindy and our new European friends as they move on to other venues. Same goes for Nan (yes, that Royal Vision Nan, she of the WOF petition for the boys), and Michelle, and Wendy, and...

Wish we could have heard each other better over the HRC music. And, would you guesstimate 12,500-13,000 for the show for attendance? Seating was set up for 14,000

Note to anyone at future venues in regards to cameras: our tix had 'no cameras allowed' printed on them. Had we contacted Verizon (MCI) Center, we'd have found out that they changed the policy after the tix were printed. Obviously helped their sales of disposable cameras with this ploy.

Good luck to you and the wife next month. Feel free to write.

joe, susan, gang+

"Ladies and gentlemen... I guess that takes in most of you..." Groucho Marx, 'A Night at the Opera'

Crazy LittleThing user not visiting Queenzone.com
Crazy LittleThing
Royalty: 1593 posts

Posted: 10 Mar 06, 02:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The boys were on fire this evening in old Dodge City, and it was catching! I worried about the DC crowd as things started off with maybe three of us standing at the beginning while everyone else seemed to be sitting on their hands, but as soon as Brian started raging on Tie Yer Mother it was if an electric current ran through the metal in the seats because the entire arena was up and rocking. The crowd remained electrified throughout the entire gig, and really got into the extended WWRY stomps and claps--a nice addition, by the way. Somebody please remind me why they bother with chairs on the floor? ;)

BTW--you weren't odd, Morgan, you were just, as you said, at the kids' table! I think we'd have been better off on that next level down, spread out across several of those smaller tables. As it was we were trapped! It was a fun group. It was nice to meet you and Andrew, Thorsten, Joe, Susan, Michelle, Nan, and of course, Wendy, as well as the other folks at the HRC. I look forward to seeing many of you and meeting more new people in Philadelphia. The McFadden's guest list has upwards of 50 names and is growing. Please email me at youreadyfreddie at gmail dot com if you want to join us at McFadden's (see Philadelphia Tailgate/Meetup thread for details.)

My ears are ringing a bit, and I feel a little foolish as the earplugs do no good in the pocket of the jacket I wore to the gig. D'OH!

I hope Brian and the RS are all OK. ((((sending good vibes in their general direction))))

I saved Spike's life in 'Nam.
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 10 Mar 06, 06:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bloody hell, take it easy Brian! The world isn't done with you yet!

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
it was electric7 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 709 posts

Posted: 10 Mar 06, 08:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I hope Brian feels better! I dont want him to be wobbley for the Worster show tonight!

Hitman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2217 posts

Posted: 10 Mar 06, 11:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

sorry i did not understand how did Brian fall...can you explain it better?

:/ poor him!!!!!

Anything too stupid to be said... is sung.
Crazy LittleThing user not visiting Queenzone.com
Crazy LittleThing
Royalty: 1593 posts

Posted: 10 Mar 06, 12:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hitman wrote:

sorry i did not understand how did Brian fall...can you explain it better?

:/ poor him!!!!!

This is somewhat of a spoiler, so you might want to stop reading here if you don't want to have advance notice of some of the stage effects.

Are you sure you want to know? If yes, read on:

At the start of "Bad Company" the stage is very dark. Paul is sitting at the piano which rises on a platform from within the stage. A very dramatic and cool effect. As Paul and the piano were rising up through the floor, Brian stepped back and fell into the opening. It wasn't as if he stumbled or tripped. He stepped back and there was no floor there.

I saved Spike's life in 'Nam.
carboengine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1283 posts

Posted: 10 Mar 06, 13:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Omigod! We can't have our dear Brian falling all of the time. Be careful be careful be careful!

Yes, it was a worthwhile experience.
All I Hear Is Radio Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1181 posts

Posted: 10 Mar 06, 19:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Poor Bri!! Any pics of this?

"Take The First Step In Faith, You Don't Have To See The Whole Staircase, Just Take The First Step."
Hitman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2217 posts

Posted: 10 Mar 06, 19:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

well thank you i was just trying to understand if it was something serious and a bit of the dynamics...i don't want jackal's pictures of the accident.
thanks for the details

Anything too stupid to be said... is sung.

Posted: 10 Mar 06, 23:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian didnt step back. He ran right into it. Seemed he forgot what was going to happen.

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 10 Mar 06, 23:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Seems like every second show Brian falls down. So it looks like he will fall at the next one ;-)

The Stealer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 738 posts

Posted: 10 Mar 06, 23:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PieterMC wrote:

Seems like every second show Brian falls down. So it looks like he will fall at the next one ;-)

Oh let's not wish that on him---I am so worried. Kidding aside.

stateside fan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 632 posts

Posted: 11 Mar 06, 01:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

cant get over that his wig didnt fall off!!!

john pistlli
The Stealer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 738 posts

Posted: 11 Mar 06, 02:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

stateside fan wrote:

cant get over that his wig didnt fall off!!!

yeah I was wondering about that myself ;-) LOL

Shay user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 315 posts

Posted: 11 Mar 06, 02:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wonder if it was similar to this:

http://img208.exs.cx/img208/1122/fallingowned11ed.gif

lol

MiMi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 51 posts

Posted: 11 Mar 06, 03:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It really is amazing that pictures of this incident haven't surfaced yet.