Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Roger Taylor's Voice

forum rss feed
Author

Donna13 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1683 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Mar 06, 09:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wish they would give him more time at the microphone (out front).

Donna13 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1683 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Mar 06, 09:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He could handle any of the Freddie songs that have high notes. I would like to see a duet between Roger and Brian (Brian on the RS) at the end of the catwalk. Maybe a medley.

Fiendishly Yours user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 49 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Mar 06, 10:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree. Roger has a great voice and it kills me to see that he's actually singing LESS this time around on the tour. I noticed that 'Say It's Not True' is gone, which was never a favorite of mine, but at least it got him a little more time with the microphone. Maybe it'll pop up again later on.

I also like your duet idea. That'd be awesome!


Taylor-tastic!
Donna13 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1683 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Mar 06, 11:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Notes that Roger could hit:

It's so easy, but I can't do it
So risky - but I gotta chance it
It's so funny, there's nothing to laugh about
My money, that's all you wanna talk about
I can see what you want me to be
But I'm no fool

It's in the lap of the Gods......

Rompez user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 222 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Mar 06, 14:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Donna13 wrote:

Notes that Roger could hit:

It's so easy, but I can't do it
So risky - but I gotta chance it
It's so funny, there's nothing to laugh about
My money, that's all you wanna talk about
I can see what you want me to be
But I'm no fool

It's in the lap of the Gods......

Brian can handle it too. He sang In the lap of the Gods...rev once. And his vocal was very close to Freddie's!

Donna13 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1683 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Mar 06, 15:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ending of "Love of My Life" was great by Brian.

phoenixFire user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 72 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Mar 06, 18:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes I think Roger's voice is great! Very distinct
and powerful, not to mention higher than Freddie's. It would be awesome, for me, if Roger by any chance would do lead vocals for early Queen songs like Bohemian Rhapsody, Spread Your Wings, Somebody To Love, etc., in their current tour. If Freddie could sing '39 in Brian's place, why can't Roger sing BoRap in Freddie's place? Just a thought. ;-)


...it's in the lap of the Gods!
it was electric7 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 709 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Mar 06, 18:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

his high notes are AMAZING. Like In the Lap of Gods, in the begging

DreaminQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1382 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Mar 06, 18:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Indeed, he does have a great voice!
Id love to see him sing more as well!
The whole group was sooo mulit-talented.

I cant wait to see them in Buffalo in 6 days!!!

Donna13 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1683 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Mar 06, 19:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



phoenixFire user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 72 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Mar 06, 20:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bohemian Rhapsody scenario: Roger - lead vocals
and drums, Brian - lead guitar, Paul Rodgers -
piano (and vocals for the concluding part)...hmmm
;-)


...it's in the lap of the Gods!
rickelrr user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 24 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Mar 06, 02:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is paul playing piano for BoRap now? Its a nice touch. I didn't know he played piano for queen songs, just based on the bonus DVD I got with ROTC cd which had some guy playing keyboard for Champions.

If paul wasn't playing piano for borap, I think it would be a nice touch to have a grand piano on stage, with a spotlight on it, but nobody there. Then have pre-recorded piano of freddie playing w/ the matching video on the screen (at least for the first minute or so of the song). I think it would be a good tribute to freddie, and remind the crowd that somebody is missing.

icefire user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 287 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Mar 06, 03:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i would really like such a voice for myself :))
all those earlier versions of i'm in love with my car are awesome!!! but do you above think that roger should have done most of freddie's parts???
strange opinions!!

scprof user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 232 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Mar 06, 06:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian and Roger should keep on doing the acoustic version of I Was Born 2 Love U. I loved the version that they did in Japan.


Death to Rapidshare. Long Live BitTorrent!!
Ayreon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 139 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Mar 06, 08:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote


No, Paul isn't playing piano for Borap, but for Badco.

Spike's playing on borap.

And the 'eamty seat thingy' ia already done with Love of my life.

brian_may_wannabe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 560 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Mar 06, 09:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

rickelrr wrote:

Is paul playing piano for BoRap now? Its a nice touch. I didn't know he played piano for queen songs, just based on the bonus DVD I got with ROTC cd which had some guy playing keyboard for Champions.

If paul wasn't playing piano for borap, I think it would be a nice touch to have a grand piano on stage, with a spotlight on it, but nobody there. Then have pre-recorded piano of freddie playing w/ the matching video on the screen (at least for the first minute or so of the song). I think it would be a good tribute to freddie, and remind the crowd that somebody is missing.


Spike Edney plays the keyboards for BoRhap. Here in th UK, they use a bit of the Wembley concert when Freddie is singing it.


daniel.hughes

made_in_heaven (thats_what_they_day)
Donna13 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1683 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Mar 06, 11:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Same here - Freddie is on the big screen playing piano for Bo. Rhap.

Donna13 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1683 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Mar 06, 11:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

icefire wrote:

i would really like such a voice for myself :))
all those earlier versions of i'm in love with my car are awesome!!! but do you above think that roger should have done most of freddie's parts???
strange opinions!!


I think that Roger could definitely do justice to the material that isn't being done on this tour (maybe it will done for a future tour).

Cricket Nutter user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 95 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Mar 06, 11:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

phoenixFire wrote:

Yes I think Roger's voice is great! Very distinct
and powerful, not to mention higher than Freddie's. It would be awesome, for me, if Roger by any chance would do lead vocals for early Queen songs like Bohemian Rhapsody, Spread Your Wings, Somebody To Love, etc., in their current tour. If Freddie could sing '39 in Brian's place, why can't Roger sing BoRap in Freddie's place? Just a thought. ;-)


Almost.

Freddie's highest note was hit at the Rock In Rio blues I believe, and was a few notes above Roger's highest, and Freddie's lowest was at least half an octave lower (Bring Back Leroy Brown) I think.

phoenixFire user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 72 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Mar 06, 12:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I stand to be corrected. Thanks for the info
Cricket Nutter. ;-)


...it's in the lap of the Gods!