Forums > Sharing The Music - Request > I'm Going Slightly Mad Acapella?

forum rss feed
Author

FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Mar 06, 15:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

nope we can't

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)

Posted: 13 Mar 06, 16:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Because the acapella versions are made from DVD rips. And Slightly Mad hasn't been released on dvd yet.

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 13 Mar 06, 16:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Speaking of DVD rips, can you tell me a good program to rip the seperate channels from a DTS DVD, Niek?

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel

Posted: 13 Mar 06, 16:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

nope, sorry

Daburcor?

Posted: 13 Mar 06, 16:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Okay, thanks anyway. If anyone else can help, it would be appreciated. I've been trying to rip Roger's vocal on "These Are The Days..." from the ROTC DVD.

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel

Posted: 14 Mar 06, 19:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've got a vocal track from ROTC. But it's not completely isolated. You can still here faint audience sounds (picked up by Rogers mic) and bass.

Daburcor?

Posted: 14 Mar 06, 20:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Tell me, how well would it mix with the studio instrumental?

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 15 Mar 06, 08:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

... they did that didn't they??? Check the remixes forum before the rapidshare link expires! (actually it might have).

Slightly Mad Acapella... yeah I wish.

The problem is - I've got Slightly Mad on GHII, but I've only the mp3 of the karaoke version. So I can't use on (inverted) on the other to extract the vocals because there'd be a subtle difference in the waveform.
What's more, even if I had them both totally lossless, there might be a difference in the volume.

But doing the inverted waveform trick *REALLY* works, I did it by triple tracking my voice and then using two of the voices (inverted) to retrieve just one channel and it worked fine. So if I had a perfectly synchronised karaoke version that was top-quality and the same volume, I'd give it a shot.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller

Posted: 15 Mar 06, 08:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well I made a Freddie/Roger duet and it mixed very well. Ofcourse after adding some EQ and changing the timbre of Rogers vocal so he sounds a bit younger