Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Pittsburgh

forum rss feed
Author

Jeff Silveira user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 62 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Mar 06, 20:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hi, i'm flying out from cali for the pittsburgh show, and still havent got tickets yet.....does anyone know the stage configuration for pittsburgh, like what order ABC are in...more specifically what section is Brians side.....anyone know how many tickets have been sold?????


thanks for any info....party afterward somewhere???????



7Innuendo7 user not visiting Queenzone.com
7Innuendo7
Bohemian: 816 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Mar 06, 22:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

sounds like quite an adventure...

good luck on the ticket. i hope your dream comes true. the stage will likely be set up as NJ. anyway-- suggestion-- meet for dinner at Primanti Brothers restaurant, 46 18th St, within walking distance of the Arena. Good Pittsburgh atmosphere and food, decent prices. You're in the Strip District right there. Bars etc. Some folks also have chatted about Hard Rock Cafe at Station Square-- at the moment I'm leaning Primanti. Afterwards, on 1327 Carson Ave (several blocks north of Hard Rock/Station Square) there is an awesome coffee shop called the Beehive...truly Bohemian.

mapquest is a good place to visit

Station Square is kewl, but getting there from Mellon Arena can be an adventure. It's across town to a degree. With three rivers flowing through (and one flows north), Pittsburgh has more land & water bridges than any other city in the world (oh it's true) and often there's construction going on.

Anybody living in the city with thoughts?

There's gotta be a way to get a Terrible Towel on the catwalk during "We Are the Champions" hmmm...



When a red hot man meets a white hot lady, Hoop Diddy Diddy, Hoop Diddy Doo!
Donna13 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1683 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Mar 06, 15:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

From Ticketmaster click on the "End Stage" configuration.

There are many good seats on the floor (I just clicked and saw 2nd row tickets and tickets that are even with the end of the catwalk) and the price is great - $94.

My only comment on traveling to Pittsburgh, which I did only once, so I'm not an expert, is to leave plenty of extra time (hours) to get in and out of the airport. Their security line was the longest I've ever been in. 2 hours for us. Also traffic from the airport into downtown funnels through a big tunnel (through a mountain), so there are backups. Don't want anybody to time it too closely, then freak out.

Haystacks Calhoun user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1550 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Mar 06, 15:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

7Innuendo7 wrote:

sounds like quite an adventure...

good luck on the ticket. i hope your dream comes true. the stage will likely be set up as NJ. anyway-- suggestion-- meet for dinner at Primanti Brothers restaurant, 46 18th St, within walking distance of the Arena. Good Pittsburgh atmosphere and food, decent prices. You're in the Strip District right there. Bars etc. Some folks also have chatted about Hard Rock Cafe at Station Square-- at the moment I'm leaning Primanti. Afterwards, on 1327 Carson Ave (several blocks north of Hard Rock/Station Square) there is an awesome coffee shop called the Beehive...truly Bohemian.

mapquest is a good place to visit

Station Square is kewl, but getting there from Mellon Arena can be an adventure. It's across town to a degree. With three rivers flowing through (and one flows north), Pittsburgh has more land & water bridges than any other city in the world (oh it's true) and often there's construction going on.

Anybody living in the city with thoughts?

There's gotta be a way to get a Terrible Towel on the catwalk during "We Are the Champions" hmmm...


Hopefully Brian will wipe his ass with the Terrible Towel...

Perhaps you can convince Kimo to come back and take out Paul's knee.....


"Not a fan of the ladies, are you Trebek?"



Sean Connery
Haystacks Calhoun user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1550 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Mar 06, 15:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Donna13 wrote:

From Ticketmaster click on the "End Stage" configuration.

There are many good seats on the floor (I just clicked and saw 2nd row tickets and tickets that are even with the end of the catwalk) and the price is great - $94.

My only comment on traveling to Pittsburgh, which I did only once, so I'm not an expert, is to leave plenty of extra time (hours) to get in and out of the airport. Their security line was the longest I've ever been in. 2 hours for us. Also traffic from the airport into downtown funnels through a big tunnel (through a mountain), so there are backups. Don't want anybody to time it too closely, then freak out.


Pittsburgh is the armpit of Pennsylvania.


"Not a fan of the ladies, are you Trebek?"



Sean Connery
7Innuendo7 user not visiting Queenzone.com
7Innuendo7
Bohemian: 816 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Mar 06, 19:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LOL Haystacks well said!


When a red hot man meets a white hot lady, Hoop Diddy Diddy, Hoop Diddy Doo!
Donna13 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1683 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Mar 06, 19:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We thought it was nice! One of our taxi drivers gave us a good talk on how polluted it used to be before they shut down the steel industry there.

7Innuendo7 user not visiting Queenzone.com
7Innuendo7
Bohemian: 816 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Mar 06, 20:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

oh yeah about the armpit part, it's quite clean now, and HC are you sniffing? What moves you to write about it :) safe travels


When a red hot man meets a white hot lady, Hoop Diddy Diddy, Hoop Diddy Doo!
geck014 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 17 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Mar 06, 00:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi,



geck014 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 17 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Mar 06, 00:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

(Sorry about the above post...)

I meant to ask if cameras would be allowed in Mellon Arena or not.

Haystacks Calhoun user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1550 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Mar 06, 09:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

7Innuendo7 wrote:

oh yeah about the armpit part, it's quite clean now, and HC are you sniffing? What moves you to write about it :) safe travels


Oh, nothing. I just can't resist a cheap shot at Pittsburgh when I get a chance.




"Not a fan of the ladies, are you Trebek?"



Sean Connery
Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Mar 06, 11:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Haystacks Calhoun wrote:

7Innuendo7 wrote:

oh yeah about the armpit part, it's quite clean now, and HC are you sniffing? What moves you to write about it :) safe travels


Oh, nothing. I just can't resist a cheap shot at Pittsburgh when I get a chance.



Who Dey!


Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!



NJ!!!























7Innuendo7 user not visiting Queenzone.com
7Innuendo7
Bohemian: 816 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Mar 06, 15:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

WE DEY!!!


When a red hot man meets a white hot lady, Hoop Diddy Diddy, Hoop Diddy Doo!
KillerQueen1429 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 140 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Mar 06, 01:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hey innuendo love the idea of the terrible towel durin we are the champions thatd be awesome lol...by the way r cameras allowed at the shows??


I Love Queen!!!
~Blue_Acid~ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 117 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Mar 06, 14:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yes cameras are allowed and it will be set up in a end stage format with a center catwak. the sections for floor seating which some are avalible are section 1 (jamies side infront of stage)section 2 (brins side infront of stage). section 3(jamies farther back )section 4 (brians side farther back) and section 5 (in the middle0. then of vcourse there is nose bleed seats, but i have been in the arena and those seats are not that bad.


Good luck see ya there.


"Im going to pull an Elvis Costello, but the chorus of this song goes What the hell are we fighting for..."

-Brian May 3/20/06 Pittsburgh @ the Mellon Arena before Hammer To Fall