Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Well Toronto?lets here all about it!!

forum rss feed
Author

stateside fan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 632 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Mar 06, 22:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

give us the scoop Canucks-did they blow you away too?

john pistlli
Champipple user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 245 posts

Posted: 16 Mar 06, 23:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No time for a full review, but Under Pressure was played and Say It's Not True was dropped.

Dragon Attack still in the set.

Great show!

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 16 Mar 06, 23:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Champipple wrote:

No time for a full review, but Under Pressure was played

Was it sung by Brian and Roger? :-)

Posted: 16 Mar 06, 23:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian, Roger and Paul. A bit of a shamble vocal-wise, but interesting.

Take Love still in the set as well.

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 16 Mar 06, 23:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What about '39???

Posted: 16 Mar 06, 23:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No 39'. Crowd about 80% full. Very loud crowd for Toronto standards (Toronto usually really sucks).

Brian was on fire tonight, no mess ups on I'm in Love With My Car.

I'll let people who have seen other shows make comparisons, but I thought it was a great show.

Catwalk went out to row 16.

I'm going to bed now. Goodnight!

Mr Faron Hyte user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 565 posts

Posted: 16 Mar 06, 23:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Under Pressure was first played live in Canada, wasn't it? Back in '81?

SK user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 812 posts

Posted: 16 Mar 06, 23:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Very nice show, like stated, Under Pressure was played. Very flawlessly done, prehaps a little too bright lol, overall a fantastic tribute to our main man, Freddie Mercury.

LucyCoeCollins user not visiting Queenzone.com
   LucyCoeCollins
Bohemian: 109 posts

Posted: 16 Mar 06, 23:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was lucky to get a $120.00 dollar ticket for 50 bucks, was in section 119 and although before hand I did not give paul a second thought he actually surprised me tonight, no freddie but hey he did a DAMN greeeeat job, BRAVO!!!!!

"YOU CAN BE ANYTHING YOU WANT TO BE

JUST TURN YERSELF INTO ANYTHING YOU THINK THAT YOU COULD EVER BE"
zone user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 261 posts

Posted: 16 Mar 06, 23:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just got home great show.It looked like the place was 95% full,new song was o.k.The crowd was good,great night.

CHERRY user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 233 posts

Posted: 16 Mar 06, 23:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, this show I thought completely out did the Jersey show in October. Hell, It was F'ING amazing!!!! Under PRessure was great. I would say venue was more like 90 - 95% full. The boys were on FIRE!!! Roger was GREAT on let there be drums. Pauls voice did the job tonight hands down and Brian at one pont when he first came down the catwalk, stopped to take it all in, looked like he was in heaven. Brian KICKED ASS tonight and looked like he was having a fantastic time. Great to see young kids there aswell as the baby boomers!!!!!

All in all, ONE HELL OF A SHOW!!!! I'm glad they changed the set list in Toronto by adding U.P.!!

Still would have liked more 70's stuff, but I guess they have to play the hits at shows like this.

Boys, if you read this, Well done and hell, come back to old T.O. any time!!!!!

9/10 in my view!!! I was on the floors close to the catwalk and the floors were on there feet the entire show. Well done Toronto!!!!!!

mike
GO LEAFS GO!!!!

p.s. - When Champions was being played, I thought of how great it would be to hear that song in that building when the Leafs win the Stanley cup!!! Ah one can dream can't he.....

Go Leafs GO!!
Suigi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 856 posts

Posted: 16 Mar 06, 23:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just got home.
Got through Love of my Life, with a good chunk of people singing along.
The place was rockin! Paul, despite a few miscues, did a good job. Rog and Brian were fantastic, as usual.
I came home with a sore throat, ringing ears, and a smile that I won't be able to remove until Monday.

LONG LIVE THE QUEEN!

P.S. Did anyone else notice that Track 13 from Made in Heaven started playing as people were leaving? Very cool.

@Guy Above Me: Not this season, mate. Maybe not ever, especially if the current management is focused more on the money. But it's nice to dream.

HE ROCKS US STILL.

Proud Supporter of the Queen Lives Compilation
elespa user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 4 posts

Posted: 17 Mar 06, 00:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow...All I can say is wow.

Brian was TIGHT!!!! Paul was solid, and the slow stuff was really awesome. Everyone was singing along and it was just great.

The lighting was insane and sound was perfect.

Under Pressure was done flawlessly, i thought. Take Love was an awesome song (said it was new).

Probably the most insane show i've ever been to. Easily the best concert to date.

Cheers Boys

BonesJones user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 6 posts

Posted: 17 Mar 06, 00:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Unbelievable, you didn't want it to stop. Everyone was singing. Brian's was amazing, he is a rock god.

Posted: 17 Mar 06, 00:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Re; under pressure

Paul sang the first/second verse with bri and rog on back up. then bri sang the " turned away from it.... "then sang " cause love such an old..." with rog and paul doing back and then roger ended it all with " pressure"

It fell , i believe after hammer to fall. I'm sleepy now, but I believe it wasafter hammer. I know it was early to half way through the show.

mike

Go Leafs GO!!
death to ming! 23397 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 10 posts

Posted: 17 Mar 06, 01:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow.

Some random thoughts here:

I have viewed the DVD (Return..) over and over, and also downloaded most of the concerts from the European tour and listened to them repeatedly. Still, seeing them live in person was an amazing experience, despite being very familiar with the show.

As others have mentioned previously, Under Pressure was played for the first time. Brian introduced it by saying something along the lines that it's his favourite part of the show: the part where they try something new. I'm paraphrasing here, but it was something along those lines. Someone from the stage (Roger?) was yelling at Brian while he was introducing the song. You could hear "play it!" or something like that over and over. Sorry, my memory's not too sharp right now =) He then said something like "There's a lot of pressure for me to play it."

Brian did well on the high notes, but I think there was a miscue, with Jamie coming in too early on the backup vocals, which caught Brian off guard.

Paul also had to refer to the teleprompter for the lyrics to Under Pressure. Not a big deal, except the big screen happened to have a zoom up of his face right when he was heavily concentrating (not singing, just reading) on the teleprompter on the ground. It looked funny =)

In introducing Love of My Life, Brian said that there was a groundswell of people wanting to sing along, whereas in America, people liked to be sung to. He then asked, "What about Canada?" People cheered loudly, but he said, "Well, you can do whatever you want," in a friendly way. People did sing fairly well. I was a bit surprised. Also, Brian got a standing ovation when he walked down the catwalk to perform.

Dragon Attack was high energy and well executed, except for Paul coming in too early (though he caught himself). I liked how they included the bass solo, drum solo, and guitar solo, as in the studio version. The ending was "cute."

The new song, Take Love, had a decent enough riff to make it catchy. Can't recall it now, though.

Did anyone catch what Roger said after his drum solo?

All Right Now was amazing. Especially towards the end, when the guitar comes in for a big build up after a small bass solo (as in the studio version).

I'm actually sick and tired of We Will Rock You and We are the Champions, but I appreciated it tonight. It looked like Paul forgot the lyrics during Champions, and improvised with some "We love you ToooronntooOOOoOOOOoOOoo," type things for a good 15 seconds or so as only Paul can do. Brian filled in with some guitar noises. When Paul eventually remembered where he was and continued with the verse, I saw Brian look up at Danny, who applauded. I guess he was applauding at the relatively smooth recovery, although Brian's guitar noises covered up the first few words of Paul's recovery.

Every song got a good reception, though I noticed a lot of people started to head to the bathroom after Brian followed up Love of My Life with the slow start to Hammer to Fall.

The "speeding through the streets of London" thing on the screen was probably lost to most of the audience -- I doubt most fans here are aware of the whole Buckingham Palace thing. Maybe they could have found something else to put up there.

Can't think of anything else to say. It was an amazing show with great sound, lights, mood, everything. I will never forget this day.

Jericho06 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 22 posts

Posted: 17 Mar 06, 01:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What an amazing show. A few miscues but all in all awesome stuff! I enjoyed the new tune and thought Bad Company was performed especially well. As familiar as I am with the show I was still surprisingly moved by the Bohemian Rhapsody portion with Freddie singing. Very powerful stuff indeed.

all good things in all good time
Hippolyte user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 351 posts

Posted: 17 Mar 06, 01:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I desperately wanted to hear IWIA, but Under Pressure was brilliant. Very unexpected but well appreciated!

Posted: 17 Mar 06, 01:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i believe after the drum solo, roger said ' well that was short enogh wasn't it? fuck it." then, let there be drums into "123,123...ooh ohh oh oh....the machine of a dream, such a dream machine....the pistons a pumping....the humb caps are gleam...."

mike

GO LEAFS GO
PLEASE LET US MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!!!

Go Leafs GO!!
Jericho06 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 22 posts

Posted: 17 Mar 06, 01:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I thought Roger said something like "Fuck Ginger Baker!"

all good things in all good time