forum rss feed
Author

Jan78 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 264 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Mar 06, 10:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi everyone,

a few questions:

1. On the Arena CD, track 13 is supposed to be Liar (according to www.queenpicturehall.com). On my version, it is Party. Is any one of them a mispressing then?
2. On WWRY (live), do all countries have different announcements during the song, in the local language? On mine it is all in German, so I was wondering.
3. The error on You don't fool me, mentioned on the website above, what is it? I didn't notice anything.

Thanks
Jan

Daniel vZ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 793 posts

Posted: 17 Mar 06, 10:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

1.I haven't got Party on disc 1, I'm having 2 times Liar (both 1:26)

2.I bought mine version in Holland, and the version I got is in the original language (english)

3.I didn't notice anything either

"If there's a God or any kind of justice under the sky

If there's a point, if there's a reason to live or die".

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 17 Mar 06, 10:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

1. Both times Liar. Is it instrumental version of Party on your disk? If so - then it's something unique, man!
2. English. Bought in Russia, box and booklet on Russian, the game itself is on English.
3. "A joy to listen to, but watch out for a nasty glitch at around 3:20."

Posted: 17 Mar 06, 10:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for the quick answers. Yes, it is indeed an instrumental of Party, the regular song, complete, but without any vocals. During WWRY, a voice is making announcements in German, because I have the German version of the game, and on the CDs, it is printed "Deutsch". Hm...I was only wondering if this is normal for other countries too.

Jan

Roger's Beard user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 315 posts

Posted: 17 Mar 06, 10:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yep. Checked mine and it's Liar.

If Party IS an instrumental or an edited version, are you able to share it with us please?

As it doesn't seem to be on anyone else's discs, it can hardly be classed as official can it....???

Thanks,
David

Posted: 17 Mar 06, 10:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For anyone who's interested though, the announcement is:

"Willkommen zur größten Show auf Erden. Mitbürger unter dem Auge, ja es ist mal wieder soweit, wir sind gespannt, ob sich unser Kandidat durch die Arena bis zur Spitze durchkämpfen kann. Wir alle kennen die Regeln: hol die passenden Magnetiten, setz die Plattform in Gang und steig bis zur Spitze auf, wo bereits der letzte Wächter auf dich wartet. Bezwinge ihn und du bist frei. Was für ein Preis! So viele haben es versucht, und so viele sind gescheitert. Bevor wir beginnen, wollen wir an unser Credo denken. Wir müssen alle sehen, um zu glauben. Nun aber los, schließen Sie ihre Wetten ab, die Show kann beginnen!"

Posted: 17 Mar 06, 10:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Posted: 17 Mar 06, 12:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 17 Mar 06, 13:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks! Now I'm curious about if any other localized versions contains other rare instrumentals...

Mr Faron Hyte user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 565 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 06, 00:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Two thoughts -

1) what a rare and terrific thing to have turn up so many years after this game was released. I have had the UK version for eons and this is definitely not on my set.

2) This is not the best song for an instrumental version. Those first 40 monotonous seconds are pretty deadly - lol

Posted: 18 Mar 06, 02:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Walter B. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 741 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 06, 04:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you for posting. According to this site http://www.ultimatequeen.co.uk/Songs/eye.htm the song is listed in the The eYe book, but is not on the cd. Is your (German) version a promo version of the game, or the regular version? Maybe the song is on promo versions only? Or on German versions only? Interesting!

Posted: 18 Mar 06, 07:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Walter,

I bought that game in a normal shop, normal box, normal booklet, no promo. It's just the German version, so all the characters in the game speak German too. By now only the CD-ROMs are left though. For whatever reason, I didn't care to keep the whole package. :-) Your ultimatequeen link says that both Liar versions are in the same, so I wonder if that was intended, why would you put the same two tracks on one CD? So I guess, Party was supposed to be on it but in fact isn't, right?

Jan

Posted: 18 Mar 06, 07:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Jan,

Thanks for answering my question. Are there any other tracks (apart from the ones you have posted here) that seem to be not on the English version? I mean, if you see the list on the website that I posted a link to, there are several other tracks (e.g. Invisible man) that were not on the actual game/discs.

(VERY appropriate signature Wilki!)

Wilki Amieva user not visiting Queenzone.com
We must all HEAR to believe
Wilki Amieva
Royalty: 1417 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 06, 07:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Localised versions released later might have corrected some of the errors of the original English version, namely:
- The Liar reiteration (and, perhaps, also Khashoggi's Ship)
- The glitch in You Don't Fool Me.

Wilki Amieva

Posted: 18 Mar 06, 07:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I will post the Spanish voice-over version of the live We Will Rock You soon. Unfortunately I do not have that version of the game, just the English one, so I cannot go into a deep comparison. There is also a French version that I know of, and a Japanese one (with a very nice packaging).

(Yeah, well...)

Posted: 18 Mar 06, 07:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Walter,

sorry, it seems that all the other songs on my version of the game are the same as on the list. But maybe someone else can say something about it, especially our guru John S. :-)
By the way, I didn't intend to make this such a big deal. LOL.

Jan

Posted: 18 Mar 06, 08:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Jan,

No, no, it is in fact very interesting! It is always nice to discover things after many years!

Wilki, nice idea to share the Spanish version too! I don't know if you have posted this before, but I know you are from Argentina. To my knowledge several Queen and solo releases have had edited versions of songs. Do you keep a list of those edits? And if so, could you publish this here? Thanks in advance! (by the way: I took the blue pill...)

Wilki Amieva

Posted: 18 Mar 06, 08:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To the best of my knowledge...

Brian May
- Star Fleet (radio edit) 3:30
Not the same as the US one. Just an early fade-out. Only in a promo 7" sampler (along with other artists).

Freddie Mercury
- Love Kills (radio edit) 2:59
- I Was Born To Love You (radio edit) 3:05
- Mr. Bad Guy (radio edit) 2:58
Just earlier fades. All are exclusive from promo 7"s - the last two are in the same one!

QUEEN
- Good Company (album version - error) 3:15 - This is not an edit as such, but a genuine mistake. There is a defective CD pressing which omits the last couple of seconds of every track!
- I Want It All (single edit) 4:00 - When EMI-Odeón could not find the master of the proper single version, they preferred to make a new one instead of delaying the single. Cassingle and 12" only.

(Sorry, the site it's not up yet.)

Posted: 18 Mar 06, 08:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks Wilki! I happen to have the 12" single of I want it all, and when I first heard it the song indeed sounded mixed differently.

Not exactly Argentinian, but if I remember correctly the Innuendo and Made in heaven albums also did have something different right? The cd version of Innuendo does include the vinyl edits of several songs and the Made in heaven album has the alternative version of Let me live? Are there any other South-American releases that have special edits or alternative versions on them? Sorry to bother you with my questions...