Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Our Roger Taylor to play show with Pink Floyd members??

forum rss feed
Author

inu-liger user not visiting Queenzone.com
inu-liger
Deity: 13057 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Mar 06, 21:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Read this:

http://www.gigwise.com/news.asp?contentid=14561

Could this be OUR Roger Taylor involved, or Duran Duran's?

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 06, 02:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Pink Floyd legends Roger Waters and Nick Mason will be joined by Eric Clapton, Roger Daltrey and Roger Taylor for the concert."

Depends on how DD's Roger is popular, I guess... If not as such as ours - they'll note he's from Duran Duran. IMHO.

cmsdrums user not visiting Queenzone.com
cmsdrums
Deity: 3040 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 06, 18:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes - it's our Roger. Just found it confirmed at another site - http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_1761635.html?menu=entertainment.pop

cmsdrums

Cricket Nutter user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 95 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 06, 18:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nick Mason AND Roger Taylor?

2 drummers, and 1 guitarist? Lol

Well, maybe one of them is doing some vocals with Daltrey aswell.

kiko39 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 74 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 06, 00:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Cricket Nutter wrote:

Nick Mason AND Roger Taylor?

2 drummers, and 1 guitarist? Lol

Well, maybe one of them is doing some vocals with Daltrey aswell.

You mean Taylor doing vocals with Daltrey? That' would rock :D. But I don't know... Mason and Taylor are veeeeery different, I mean I rather have Mason adapting to Roger's style than Roger adapting to Mason's... just because Roger is better though.

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 06, 05:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"A host of ageing rock legends are set to take part in a gig in support of pro-hunt lobbying group The Countryside Alliance"

pro-hunt lobbying group - many fans will hate this. I am sure Brian May won't like it, either. Just recently he supported a campaign to protect hedgehogs.

I do not want any google ads here.

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 06, 06:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pro hunting?

My respect for the musicians involved just dropped substantially.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
likecats user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 19 Mar 06, 14:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm also really disappointed if they're playing a benefit concert to support hunting.

ok.computer user not visiting Queenzone.com
ok.computer
Bohemian: 600 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 06, 14:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Now hold on....

Just because somebody supports the Countryside Alliance, doesn't mean that they are pro-hunting, for fuck's sake.

Knee jerk assholes...

"Just tryin' to have a little fun, folks..."
likecats user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 19 Mar 06, 15:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ok.computer wrote:

Now hold on....

Just because somebody supports the Countryside Alliance, doesn't mean that they are pro-hunting, for fuck's sake.

Knee jerk assholes...

Yes, I might be a knee jerk asshole, but the Countryside Alliance does appear to support fox hunting, and I don't.

latina user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 44 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 06, 15:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've read in an interview that Roger Waters supports fox hunting.

I can't comment about it because I'm not familiar with this tradition.
Just wonder how Brian will convincingly explain his campaign while his bandmate foils it...

ok.computer user not visiting Queenzone.com
ok.computer
Bohemian: 600 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 06, 18:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

likecats wrote:

ok.computer wrote:

Now hold on....

Knee jerk assholes...

Yes, I might be a knee jerk asshole, but the Countryside Alliance does appear to support fox hunting, and I don't.

Yes it does. And no I don't either. However:

"The Countryside Alliance works for everyone who loves the countryside and the rural way of life. Through campaigning, lobbying, publicity and education the Alliance influences legislation and public policy that impacts on the countryside, rural people and their activities.
The Alliance campaigns on a wide range of rural issues under the headings:
food, environment and rural affairs
hunting
shooting
angling"

In Northern Ireland it also looks at issues such as farm diversification, rural employment issues, isolation and peripherality, farm subsidies, food miles, environmental threats....I could go on. The Countryside Alliance is only ever on the news because of hunting. But that represents about one twentieth of their lobbying work.

Ultimately, it's about preservation of the rural environment. So when Roger says "I did it because I love chasing wee foxes across miles of country with horses and some very nasty hounds" then we can let people drop the musicians in their esteem.

People on here are starting to sound like Daily Mail readers...."No I haven't seen Springer the Opera myself, but I'm outraged anyway."

"Just tryin' to have a little fun, folks..."
Haystacks Calhoun user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1550 posts

Posted: 19 Mar 06, 19:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

Pro hunting?

My respect for the musicians involved just dropped substantially.

Oh, go cry.

"Not a fan of the ladies, are you Trebek?"

Sean Connery
bobo the chimp

Posted: 19 Mar 06, 21:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Just because somebody supports the Countryside Alliance, doesn't mean that they are pro-hunting, for fuck's sake.

Knee jerk assholes..."

This is a boneheaded thing to say. If you perform for people who patronise or associate a particular organisation, that's endorsal.

"Oh, go cry."

Hahahah, I don't get mad, I get even - even more mad.
Honestly, I went to bed, and while I was asleep the entire readership of this forum went down to the beach and put sand in their vaginas. Get your parents to explain this-
It doesn't *really* bother me that much if they want to play golf with a few hedgehogs, but I just happen to disagree with the manner in which they're dealt with. You are a slubberdagolian.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
jcrawford79 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 762 posts

Posted: 20 Mar 06, 01:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

God forbid our favorite musicians don't strictly adhere to their fans' moral values. I guess this just makes Roger a self-serving asshole. Damn him for having his own opinion.

mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2770 posts

Posted: 20 Mar 06, 02:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

no one is saying he shouldn't have an a opinion. The more I learn about roger taylor, The more I don't like him and his stupid opinions.

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 20 Mar 06, 02:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I did not see someone call Roger an asshole. I did see ok computer call other people assholes because they have an opinion about this gig. The CA is notorious for fighting the law against fox hunting in England. I think it's legitimate to point out that performing in a CA campaign won't make Roger the most popular artist of the year.

I do not want any google ads here.

Haystacks Calhoun user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1550 posts

Posted: 20 Mar 06, 09:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

"Just because somebody supports the Countryside Alliance, doesn't mean that they are pro-hunting, for fuck's sake.

Knee jerk assholes..."

This is a boneheaded thing to say. If you perform for people who patronise or associate a particular organisation, that's endorsal.

"Oh, go cry."

Hahahah, I don't get mad, I get even - even more mad.
Honestly, I went to bed, and while I was asleep the entire readership of this forum went down to the beach and put sand in their vaginas. Get your parents to explain this-
It doesn't *really* bother me that much if they want to play golf with a few hedgehogs, but I just happen to disagree with the manner in which they're dealt with. You are a slubberdagolian.

If I only liked musicians and actors and the like that were lock step in support of the same things that I am, and were in lock step support politically to the parties that I endorse......

I'd be left listening to Ted Nugent, and a whole lot of Country....I personally am not a hunter, unless I need to kill for food, I see no point. That said, I have no problem if others choose to hunt.

Is slubberdagolian even a real word?

"Not a fan of the ladies, are you Trebek?"

Sean Connery
bobo the chimp

Posted: 20 Mar 06, 10:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"If I only liked musicians and actors and the like that were lock step in support of the same things that I am, and were in lock step support politically to the parties that I endorse......"

I can appreciate your attitude, but you misunderstood me. I said my respect for them (as human beings) dropped. I never said I'd be a total sissy and boycott their music. I like to keep my music and my politics apart from each other.

"I'd be left listening to Ted Nugent, and a whole lot of Country....I personally am not a hunter, unless I need to kill for food, I see no point. That said, I have no problem if others choose to hunt."

I took issue with the manner in which they do it, not necessarily with the environmental issues with the animal in question.

"Is slubberdagolian even a real word?"

It's an insult from Stronghold - basically, you hit a button in a multiplayer game, and this medieval guy shouts at your opponent 'slubberdagolian' or 'popinjay'.
Probably not real, but that makes no never mind to me.

I hope I've cleared things up, good day sir.

Bohardy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2447 posts

Posted: 20 Mar 06, 10:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.worldwidewords.org/weirdwords/ww-slu1.htm
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=slubberdegullion
http://www.answers.com/topic/slubberdegullion

Gullibility and credulity are considered undesirable qualities in every department of human life -- except religion.