Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > the Buffalo show

forum rss feed
Author

wembley86 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 114 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Mar 06, 23:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OH MY GOD! this show was so amazing. it was the best concert. even if freddie was not there, but he was in sprit. i know that. it brought me too tears in some parts. i think paul rogers did an great job. for those who wine and complain about him. for those who went to this concert i hope you had the best time as i did. i justed wished the my city was a little more into it. i sat on floor4 about 50ft away from the long platform. they were great seats. freddie would been great there. brian and roger were outstanding. when brian sang love of my life, it brought a tear in my eye, just thinking of freddie and how he would let us sing it too. i would love to hear the people's coments who went to this concert in buffalo. try to make them possitive please.

"to old ladies are still rocking away"

shannon sweet
habalushy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 547 posts

Posted: 17 Mar 06, 23:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

when they played with freddie was great

"...and so fell the weight I never can lift

behind us the darkness between us the rift"

-Phish

-----------

The Dude Abides
drummergirl85 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 139 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 06, 00:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah it was really good. I took my mom, it was her first concert and she loves Brian haha and I could see in her eyes like...wow...I can;t believe I am seeing him in real life kinda thing. I was dissapointed it seemed cut short. When I went to NJ Roger sang a couple songs and Brian did a few acoustic rather than one. So I was like..whats with that. I had row 20 in FL 3 and when I got there I couldnt believe I was right next to the catwalk pracitcally.Later when the show started I just walked up to the front part of the catwalk and watched the concert and took pics..etc. So I was happy. It sucked that Roger only gave sticks to one side of the catwalk lol...I thought he would do one this side the other that side...I was on the other side and he gave out both sicks on the other side. Oh yeah...and they barely spoke to the crowd..?? Rog didn't bust out jokes or talk and sing a lot and Brian didn;t talk much either...they didn;t mention they were in B-lo till like 3/4ths in the show and I think only Paul mentioned it. But yeah I am glad they came here and they did rock as usual...I just thought compared to NJ in October there was less energy/closeness to the band/feedback form the band.So I was dissapointed by that mainly...not at all at the music...they rocked for sure!! I have to say Paul was excellent with making eye contact with the crowd,talking, touching hands. He looked like he was really truly genuinely happy/greatful to be playing. I also hope the others liked it though. The new song is really nice but I have to say it sounds verrryyy much like the rest of Paul Rogers songs. But it was good and sound slike a single..I hope they put it out.

Kilpat1 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 90 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 06, 02:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

show was great under pressure was great attendance was horrible there must be no promotion at all. 4th concert ive seen in 2 weeks miami attendance was better than this worscester was decent nassau was bad and tonight was dreadful. i feel horrible for them playing to half full arenas it must bother them it has to im bothered as a fan being there in the half empty arena any ideas to improve it for the rest of the tour??

big queen fan in new york usa
stateside fan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 632 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 06, 06:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

washington and philadelphia were near capacity.

john pistlli
snowdog212 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 31 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 06, 08:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It was a great show was really impressed
with every aspect. Thought they all did a good
job.Drums where a little low I thought.But was upgraded to great seats a shout out to sec 117
As for the crowd attendence it was a little low but actually filled up decently.All in All had a great Friday night. Hope all enjoyed

zone user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 261 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 06, 10:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If they come back,they won't go to places that were half full.Toronto Sun said Toronto was a sell out,I have to say they were pretty close.

N2006Q user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 06, 10:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Buffalo well done! Paul Rodgers Excellent! Brian excellent! After Roger warmed up awesome! Something that annoyed me... people in my row kept leaving and returning very rude like every 10 Minutes!

wembley86 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 114 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 06, 11:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thankyou for your comments guys. hopefully maybe the guys will read this thread wouldnt that be great. i really love those guys. brain is ageless. it is hard to believe that he will be 60 soon. roger and paul seem younger than they are too. it was a treat to see them all. it would of been nice to see john deacon and of coarse freddie. thanks again guys for the comments love to all those beutiful people.

shannon sweet
wwwbrightonrockca user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 8 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 06, 13:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I recorded the show..look for it on dimeadozen.org

romefan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 39 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 06, 15:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Concert in Buffalo was wonderful! Upon our arrival, we found out we had to exchange our tickets (10 of us) for an upgrade, which moved us from 300 level (up high, on the opposite end of stage) to 100 level (lower, 40 rows up, on left side of stage). Looking around, it seemed like such a sparse crowd, maybe 4,000 to 7,000--further evidence that this band is still unknown in this hick town. Concert began with the lights fading to black, and an Eminem song cranked up in the background, perhaps an appeal to the younger generation who have discovered this terrific band. Paul Rodgers then appeared on the catwalk, belting out the opening song, leading into "Tie Your Mother Down". Queen basically stuck to the same set as in Toronto, including a sweet version of "Under Pressure", a personal favorite. Interestingly, the atmosphere in the arena and mood of the crowd seemed lacking at first--perhaps this was due to the lack thereof. Some were sitting on their hands; others were jamming and getting into it. Yet, it seemed to pick up as the concert progressed; at first, it was as if half the crowd was there for the band, and the other half for some other reason I couldn't quite figure out. But later, as the band was warm, and the music was brilliantly executed, the crowd came alive and actually seemed to grow larger. Perhaps many thought there would be an opening band, who knows. Why so few were there is still beyond me, but America never appreciated this band to begin with, so why am I suprised?

Concert overall was musically a masterpiece. Paul Rodgers really held his own, in my view, and dared the unthinkable, in belting out Freddie Mercury's songs. Ultimately, I gained considerable respect for him. Ending with "Bohemien Rhapsody", "We Will Rock You", "All Right Now" and "We Are The Champions" couldn't have been a better touch. If you are considering seeing these guys, do not miss this chance. Last time Queen was in Buffalo was 24 years ago, when I was 16, missing that show. I vaguely recall them coming here, and the general lack of interest back then. This time, I had to go...wouldn't have missed it for the world.

Queen on vinyl rules!

Posted: 18 Mar 06, 15:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I saw them on the JAZZ TOUR in Buffalo
At the old AUD building It was sold out
in the first day tixs went on sale.So dont say
that there was a lack of intrest on that tour I
remember it well. It was a big event

romefan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 39 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 06, 15:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Snowdog,

Sorry, what I meant was that amongst MY group of friends, ONLY Led Zepp, The Who, and The Doors mattered. Hopefully, opened a few eyes last night. It's all good.

Queen on vinyl rules!

Posted: 18 Mar 06, 16:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Romefan I see there were not many Queen fans
in my school back then.Only thing they knew
was WE WILL ROCK YOU It was sad trying to explain to them how much more music Queen had to offer at that time. Peace

Queen Fan 4 Ever user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 06, 17:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Awesome Show! Thanx to those who won front row tickets from 97 Rock, and didn't bother to show up - I got to move up from row 5 and rock with the Boys!

My only gripe - Brian didn't come over to our side of the stage enough. But when he did, he interacted with us & was awesome!

I have new found appreciation for Paul Rodgers - he is a wonderful entertainer. Not Freddie, but then again nobody can replace him as we all know.

Great seeing Roger come out from behind the kit and be a front man for a change!

And the rest of the band was great - missed John not being there, but the boys jammed!

Too bad there weren't more fans there - you missed an awesome show!!!!!!

Missing Freddie.....
habalushy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 547 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 06, 17:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

wwwbrightonrockca wrote:

I recorded the show..look for it on dimeadozen.org

when are you going to post it? in a week, a few days, tomorrow, a few weeks? I just want to know when to search for it.
No rush, thanks.

"...and so fell the weight I never can lift

behind us the darkness between us the rift"

-Phish

-----------

The Dude Abides
wwwbrightonrockca user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 18 Mar 06, 18:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's up at dimeadozen.org right now!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy

trajen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 18 Mar 06, 18:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you for sharing it.

Thanks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 615 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 06, 19:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, thank you. It will be appreciated by many (although heard by more)

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18636 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 06, 21:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ravenetta wrote:

I CAUGHT BRIANS TOWEL!!!! he threw it to me! i was in tears hahaha. my lovely one got to grab paul's hand....im still in shock it was so great

Oh, that was you??????????? Cooooool! I was the guy right beside you with the Freddie t-shirt on. I was the next hand that Paul shook. He must feel privileged. ;)

Before LOML, I was shouting for Long Away, and the guy across from me was shouting for '39. We exchanged back and forth a few times until Brian finally spoke to us, but I forget what he said! Does anyone remember?

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca