Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Queen - Under Review 1973-1980

forum rss feed
Author

Regor user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 364 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Mar 06, 07:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bought the DVD yesterday - anyone else seen it ? The footage is quite boring and in bad quality. The Hammy shows have been available much better of course, but nice they included Budapest - I had almost forgotten what a great gig that was.

What is really interesting are the coments by the journalists. Really nice at times, but honest when they did not like a particular song or album. Not the usual "Queen are crap"-shit, BUT also not fanlike addiction. Nice DVD. Any thoughts ?

Guten Tag und Guten Abend !!! We had a great time in Cologne. Drinking beer in the sunshine beside the Mighty Rhein brought back many memories for me..... (Brian May, 2004)
My Melancholy Blues user not visiting Queenzone.com
My Melancholy Blues
Royalty: 1039 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 06, 12:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I haven't seen it since I bought it the last Dec. (or this Jan.?) so I don't remember details. Oh well, I too felt the footage boring. But what interested me were some comments from journalists, one of whom is a guitarist as well commenting as sometimes playing Red Special replica in the DVD. I think it might only help to add to your Queen (unauthorized) DVD collection.

Je vais bien.

Estoy bien.
Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 18 Mar 06, 15:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, it's crap. Wrong dates etc. Nothing new. A shame, really.

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."