Forums > Queen - General Discussion > is there any remote chance...?

forum rss feed
Author

spymyshadow user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 261 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Mar 06, 09:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

When John Lennon died, Queen were touring, and in the soundcheck played 'imagine' as a tribute.
Is there any chance it was recored?
Something similar happened for Jimi Hendrix's death. Freddie sang 'Voo doo Child'. Finding something of this is even harder, but has anyone heard of a tape or whatever?

take heed that yonder dog! Look when he fawns he bites, and when he bites his venom teeth will rankle to death
Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6327 posts

Posted: 20 Mar 06, 10:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Didn't they actually play Imagine on stage twice?

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
Bohardy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2447 posts

Posted: 20 Mar 06, 10:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I thought it was actually 4 times in total.

Gullibility and credulity are considered undesirable qualities in every department of human life -- except religion.
spymyshadow user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 261 posts

Posted: 20 Mar 06, 10:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is it possible to retrieve?

take heed that yonder dog! Look when he fawns he bites, and when he bites his venom teeth will rankle to death

Posted: 20 Mar 06, 10:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A recording of Queen playing Imagine is not hard to track down at all.

No doubt it's been shared in the 'Sharing The Music - Announce' section here at some point.

Gullibility and credulity are considered undesirable qualities in every department of human life -- except religion.

Posted: 20 Mar 06, 10:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

...For example:

http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/forumnew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q=507969

it was electric7 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 709 posts

Posted: 20 Mar 06, 15:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think Hot Space is dedicated to John Lennon IN A WAY! I mean, Song For Lennon and in the Calling All Girls video theres a painting which looks like Lennon a bit.

Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 20 Mar 06, 16:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

it was electric7 wrote:

I think Hot Space is dedicated to John Lennon IN A WAY! I mean, Song For Lennon and in the Calling All Girls video theres a painting which looks like Lennon a bit.

Rrrrright...

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18633 posts

Posted: 20 Mar 06, 22:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bohardy wrote:

I thought it was actually 4 times in total.

I'm only aware of three at most: London 12-9-80, Frankfurt 12-14-80, and perhaps Munich 12-18-80. I don't have the Munich recording, and I've heard that the recording of Imagine could be a fake... as in, it's one of the previous recordings, and purposely degraded in quality.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca

Posted: 21 Mar 06, 06:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've no real interest in these things Bob, so I don't have any first-hand knowledge of the matter. Rather, I'm just repeating what I've heard from reputable people. You certainly know far more than I, so you're most probably right.

Posted: 21 Mar 06, 06:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

In fact:

"John Lennon was shot on December 8 so the following night Queen performed Imagine as a tribute to him. This song appeared in the setlist three more times in December".

From Scully's site ( http://www.queenconcerts.com/index.php?section=concerts&action=tour&who=queen&tour=gameeu ).

Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 21 Mar 06, 11:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bohardy wrote:

In fact:

"John Lennon was shot on December 8 so the following night Queen performed Imagine as a tribute to him. This song appeared in the setlist three more times in December".

From Scully's site ( http://www.queenconcerts.com/index.php?section=concerts&action=tour&who=queen&tour=gameeu ).

And Scully is always right.

Note the sarcasm...

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."