Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Everyone going to Cleveland...

forum rss feed
Author

Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Mar 06, 12:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Haystacks, I'm sure you already know this but we are under a winter weather advisory and supposed to get 3-6 inches of snow and some ice mixed in tonight. You all better be very careful driving up there. Cleveland could get hit as well.

I'm not able to make it, mother in law didn't come through for me. Think about me during the concert and have a wonderful, safe time.

:)

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

Haystacks Calhoun user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1550 posts

Posted: 20 Mar 06, 13:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It ain't gonna snow....

Besides, I'm gonna drive home a 4x4, so I will be there, whatever Mother Nature throws at us.

My little one is home, violently ill today. I may wind up going solo, if she does not get better by tomorrow.

"Not a fan of the ladies, are you Trebek?"

Sean Connery
Shay user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 315 posts

Posted: 20 Mar 06, 14:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm not sure if I'm even going -- depends on what the weather is like tomorrow. If it's just snow, then I won't be too concerned. If it's ice or snow on top of ice, then forget driving in that shit. Channel 5 at noon said the morning commute tomorrow would be a bitch and that driving conditions tomorrow afternoon are looking to be pretty hazardous.

Since I'm going by myself, I'm thinking about leaving early this morning around 3:30-4:00AM to miss the storm. By the time I stopped at a couple rest areas, and got breakfast at a Bob Evans or Cracker Barrel along the way, that'd probably put me in Cleveland close to 9AM. Since the R&R Hall of Fame opens at 10AM, I'd just go to the Rock Hall on Tuesday instead of Wednesday and come back to Cincy early Wednesday morning.

This storm has thrown a monkey wrench into my plans...ARRRRGGGHH!!!!!

Posted: 20 Mar 06, 14:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You are actually going to LISTEN to a weather forecast?????

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

It seems that once again, our local weather prognosticators have pressed the panic button over what will be 2 or 3 inches of snow landing on ground that has already warmed to 50+ degrees.

You will have no problem with the weather, you may have a bit of a problem with the other idiots populating the roads, but no problem weather wise.

Sean Connery

Posted: 20 Mar 06, 14:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, that's the problem. I'm as qualified as these morons around here to be a meteorologist...lol. It wouldn't surprise me one bit that this will be like the last time they forecasted 3-5 inches a month ago or so, and we got a dusting.

Posted: 20 Mar 06, 14:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Right. Usually, when they cry wolf this early, we got squat, and when they say it's gonna miss us, we get nailed.

I'm leaving in the morning at 8:00 or so, it can be snowing rats for all I care.

Sean Connery
Lisser

Posted: 20 Mar 06, 14:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just be careful you two. I definitely think you both should still go, just plan ahead and leave yourself plenty of time to get there so you're not rushing in bad weather, if we get it.

Listen to Mother Lisser. If either of you want to take my camcorder, let me know asap.

NJ!!!

Posted: 20 Mar 06, 14:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lisser wrote:

Just be careful you two. I definitely think you both should still go, just plan ahead and leave yourself plenty of time to get there so you're not rushing in bad weather, if we get it.

Listen to Mother Lisser. If either of you want to take my camcorder, let me know asap.

I would hate to be the one to get it confiscated. That crap always seems to happen to me. My ass is puckered right now at the thought of having to sneak in my 7.2 meg Digital...

Sean Connery

Posted: 20 Mar 06, 14:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Haystacks Calhoun wrote:

Lisser wrote:

I would hate to be the one to get it confiscated.

With my luck, I'd end up breaking it somehow...lol

Lisser

Posted: 20 Mar 06, 16:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It would not be good if it got broken or taken! It was expensive. I hope you all have a great time. I'm numb that I can't make it.

:(

NJ!!!

Crazy LittleThing user not visiting Queenzone.com
Crazy LittleThing
Royalty: 1593 posts

Posted: 20 Mar 06, 21:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lisser wrote:

I'm not able to make it, mother in law didn't come through for me. Think about me during the concert and have a wonderful, safe time.

:)

What a bummer! I'm sorry you aren't going to be able to go, Lisser.

I saved Spike's life in 'Nam.
Lisser

Posted: 20 Mar 06, 21:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I know Cindy. I'm bummed big time. I was so looking forward to seeing everyone again and seeing the guys play.

:(

NJ!!!

iron eagle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3793 posts

Posted: 21 Mar 06, 00:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

just admit it
you got grounded

cross the eagle and see what happens????

*laughs the evil gay laugh*

i got a way with the boys on my block.. :-)

MOANZONE TWAT user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 422 posts

Posted: 21 Mar 06, 02:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have lived in Ohio most of my life, and i know how Ohio Weather is, so it could go either way...
If they forecast 4in of snow, we may not get any, if they say 50 degrees and clear, we get 2in of snow! lol I dunno about the supposed storm coming, but it prolly isn't gonna be as bad as they say. :) Hopefully Queen + PR shake all of Ohio so i can hear! I couldn't get a ticket, so i am so fucking sad right now as i only live 40 miles away! :( Someone videotape it for me?? :)

dougie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 67 posts

Posted: 21 Mar 06, 07:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

According to the ticketmaster site, "NO video recorders, audio recorders or similar devices" are allowed in. There is a list of a few things that ARE allowed (purses, binoculars, etc.), but there is no mention either way about still cameras (digital or film).

I would love to bring my 35mm camera. Anyone have any advice for me?

Posted: 21 Mar 06, 08:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sneak it in in your britches.

Sean Connery
7Innuendo7 user not visiting Queenzone.com
7Innuendo7
Bohemian: 816 posts

Posted: 21 Mar 06, 08:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

HC, if it starts snowing rats, call the Pied Piper...just remember we gotta pay!!!

When a red hot man meets a white hot lady, Hoop Diddy Diddy, Hoop Diddy Doo!
Lisser

Posted: 21 Mar 06, 10:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YoungStratMan wrote:

I have lived in Ohio most of my life, and i know how Ohio Weather is, so it could go either way...
If they forecast 4in of snow, we may not get any, if they say 50 degrees and clear, we get 2in of snow! lol I dunno about the supposed storm coming, but it prolly isn't gonna be as bad as they say. :) Hopefully Queen + PR shake all of Ohio so i can hear! I couldn't get a ticket, so i am so fucking sad right now as i only live 40 miles away! :( Someone videotape it for me?? :)

Why couldn't you get a ticket? Shay has an extra ticket, possibly an extra two. He may not be going. There are still tickets available on Ticketmaster. Please go!!!

I am snowed in here, so we did get the snow. Boone County is under a level 2 snow emergency. Everyone please be careful on your way to the gig and have a GREAT time!

NJ!!!