Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Pittsburgh

forum rss feed
Author

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Mar 06, 23:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Setlist was the same, crowd was so small the back of the arena was draped with a black cloth. Either they hadn't sold those seats, or they moved the people that were there. A lot of people were sitting down on the sides. The only real enthusiam was on the floor. Probably cause they let you go up to the catwalk..YAY!! :-) Paul messed up pretty bad on WATC. Not sure what he was doing. I thought for a second he paused to let the crowd sing, but I think he just forgot was he was singing..DOH! Anyways..y'all have me worried about the weather in Cleveland, so I'm off to weather.com. God, I hope there's no ICE. I'm from S.C.. I can't handle no damn ice and snow in the SPRING! Lordy..;-)

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 20 Mar 06, 23:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Paul also messed up badly at the end of AOBTD. He just forgot to sing the end of the song. Spike was frantically pointing at him but he did not seem to notice. WATC was a major fuck up. Once Paul realized that he had no idea where he was in the song he started to improvise. Eventually, after what seemed like an eternity he managed to finish the song. As Erin said, the crowd sucked, but the band sounded great. Under Pressue was well done, but Brian does not need to try and hit the high notes :-)

stateside fan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 632 posts

Posted: 20 Mar 06, 23:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

well guys i hope you had a good time anyway.the next show will be better.people in pittsburgh dont know which way is up.

john pistlli
PieterMC

Posted: 21 Mar 06, 00:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I definately enjoyed the show. The crowd was just kinda lame. I would not say that any song got a huge reaction. Certainly not anything like the crowd reaction in Duluth.

I have a feeling that Cleveland will rock... Onwards...

KillerQueen1429 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 140 posts

Posted: 21 Mar 06, 01:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i enjoyed the show very much i was on the floor and i couldnt stop screaming so i was one of the few lame ones lol but yes the crowd couldve done better but all and all it was a great show i enjoyed it very much.....i thought i caught that mess up on ABTD but i didnt notice if anyone else did , guess so.....anyways loved it worth every dime and i hope uall had fun as well!!

P.S. I loved all the Steeler stuff goin up when WATC was playing!!

I Love Queen!!!
Haystacks Calhoun user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1550 posts

Posted: 21 Mar 06, 06:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I tried to tell you all that Pittsburgh sucks...

Now you know. The worst fans on earth.

"Not a fan of the ladies, are you Trebek?"

Sean Connery
Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 21 Mar 06, 08:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Haystacks Calhoun wrote:

The worst fans on earth.

Might be why they didn't do an extra long version of All Right Now...like they did in Jacksonville and Duluth and probably most all of the other dates..:-P

7Innuendo7 user not visiting Queenzone.com
7Innuendo7
Bohemian: 816 posts

Posted: 21 Mar 06, 08:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

we had a great time at the Pittsburgh show, but yeah Paul missed on AOBTD and WATC. Brian tore up on the solos for FBG; Danny and Jamie were jumping around the drum riser while Paul hung out with Spike, and Brian went to the catwalk for a solo. "Take Love" had a good response. Dragon Attack seemed a little mechanical. John's just got a slice of real funk is all. Paul did more improv with the crowd than NJ. Under Pressure went "goodly," my favorite bit of the night other than Last Horizon. Jamie did awesome on The Show Must Go On. Paul actually wore Steelers' colors for a while-- gold A-top, dark slacks, white shirt. The smoke machines & flashpots on IWTBF and the guitar solo were awesome! Thanks guys see yas in Cleveland :)

When a red hot man meets a white hot lady, Hoop Diddy Diddy, Hoop Diddy Doo!
~Blue_Acid~ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 117 posts

Posted: 21 Mar 06, 10:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I thought it was great, I noticed the mess up an the end of AOBTD, but we are the champions was fine, i liked the improv during that. The whole show was spectaular, but the lack of attendence was due to poor promotion and ticket prices. I managed to somehow (i dont know how) get Pauls autograph and after a long discussion, managed to get the setlist from the mixing desk. AND was invited to play at the Breakthru convention this august. I could carless on peoples opinions, last night was the greatest night of my life.

"Im going to pull an Elvis Costello, but the chorus of this song goes What the hell are we fighting for..."

-Brian May 3/20/06 Pittsburgh @ the Mellon Arena before Hammer To Fall
PieterMC

Posted: 21 Mar 06, 10:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Blue_Acid wrote:

after a long discussion, managed to get the setlist from the mixing desk.

We went to the mixing desk and just asked for the setlist and they just gave us one. It looked like they had several copies of it there.

Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 21 Mar 06, 10:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Seriously about the setlist?

I am snowed in here Erin! I haven't been outside yet this am so I'm not sure how much ice is out there. You all please be careful.

Cleveland will kick ass, trust me.

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

~Blue_Acid~ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 117 posts

Posted: 21 Mar 06, 10:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yeah, he seemed to give me a hard time before the show, they did i think they had like 3 copies or whatever. When I asked for it he said "if you have a girl friend", but He was kidding then He gave it and I got the last copy!

"Im going to pull an Elvis Costello, but the chorus of this song goes What the hell are we fighting for..."

-Brian May 3/20/06 Pittsburgh @ the Mellon Arena before Hammer To Fall
PieterMC

Posted: 21 Mar 06, 10:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lisser wrote:

Seriously about the setlist?

I am snowed in here Erin! I haven't been outside yet this am so I'm not sure how much ice is out there. You all please be careful.

Cleveland will kick ass, trust me.

We checked out the weather, I think we will be ok. It looks like the worst of that weather is going to miss Cleveland.

They had multiple copies of the setlist sitting at the soundboard.

Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 21 Mar 06, 11:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Blue_Acid wrote:

yeah, he seemed to give me a hard time before the show, they did i think they had like 3 copies or whatever. When I asked for it he said "if you have a girl friend", but He was kidding then He gave it and I got the last copy!

Who is he? Trip?

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

AmeriQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1072 posts

Posted: 21 Mar 06, 11:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SCREW Pittsburgh! I'm from Dallas!

Sportzfan76 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sportzfan76
Champion: 90 posts

Posted: 21 Mar 06, 11:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PieterMC wrote:

Paul also messed up badly at the end of AOBTD. He just forgot to sing the end of the song. :-)

Yes, the ABTD ended fairly abruptly, from my vantage point it looked like JM and DM were having a pretty good laugh about it together.

I can't believe how small the crowd was. Mellon Arena holds like 17K, so you could expect that this place wouldn't be filled...but there couldn't have been more than 5000 people there last night.

The band's performance was great, but the electricity of the Worcester MA show has yet to be matched.

Rock & Roll just pays the bills...Only football gives us thrills.
zone user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 261 posts

Posted: 21 Mar 06, 11:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian said Toronto show was the best so far.

roxxanne61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 143 posts

Posted: 21 Mar 06, 16:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

nooooo what brian said was the audience was best
he said the worcester show all in all was probably the best Queen+ PR show EVER

mickyparise user not visiting Queenzone.com
mickyparise
Bohemian: 787 posts

Posted: 21 Mar 06, 17:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We had a GREAT TIME! And thought the show went off really good! And the reason the curtains were covered over the back row, was Sunday night at the Pens (NHL-Hockey team) the power went out twice during the game, and the second time it went out was because the fuse box caught on fire in that back row section so that was the reason...for safety reasons. Pittsburgh doesn't suck the section we were in, were singing and having a great time, but the only thing I was disappointed at was, the Hotel we were staying at, The Hilton Doubletree across from the Arena, The band was there, checking in Saturday morning, and checking out Monday morning, we arrived Monday afternoon, so i was sooo disappointed about that, and the band rented out 98 rooms there, and Brian May and Roger Taylor and the guys drove around Pittsburgh in the hotel shuttle and party'd Saturday night....so Pittsburgh doesn't suck!
on to Cleveland....

BTW I have pics from the concert but not sure how to upload them, can anyone assist me on this!

thanks!
Micky

R.I.P. PRINCESS

Living Life on Life's Terms
Queen T user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 670 posts

Posted: 21 Mar 06, 18:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Blue_Acid wrote:

I thought it was great, I noticed the mess up an the end of AOBTD, but we are the champions was fine, i liked the improv during that. The whole show was spectaular, but the lack of attendence was due to poor promotion and ticket prices. I managed to somehow (i dont know how) get Pauls autograph and after a long discussion, managed to get the setlist from the mixing desk. AND was invited to play at the Breakthru convention this august. I could carless on peoples opinions, last night was the greatest night of my life.

Waddaya mean you don't know "how?" You must have waited for Paul outside the arena or something to get his autograph...