Forums > Personal > war crime or asking for it?

forum rss feed
Author

dimcyril user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 280 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Mar 06, 10:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i was watching a programme the other day and they were discussing a new book that states that the RAF and USAAF boming of Germany in the second world war was a war crime. another chap on there said it was no such thing and that the nazis were asking for it. so what is the general opinion?

War Crime or Asking For It?

we've no ancestral halls, no haughty portraits on our walls, no family monuments at all, unless it's my cousin sheila's stupendous clevage.
spymyshadow user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 261 posts

Posted: 21 Mar 06, 11:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

it is hard to say, but it brings me back an isssue about a girl raped in the daylight in front of people.

Somebody told it was a crime, and somebody instead said: she dressed in a slutty way, that means asking for it.

So it all depends from the point of view.

take heed that yonder dog! Look when he fawns he bites, and when he bites his venom teeth will rankle to death
FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 21 Mar 06, 11:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

War crime ofcourse.

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)

Posted: 21 Mar 06, 11:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If you answer 'Asking for it' that means New york was also asking for 9/11.

London was asking for the metro attacks and so on.

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

That guy who digs energy domes user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5020 posts

Posted: 21 Mar 06, 13:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Id have to agree with Thomas, the Allies did their share of bullshit as well. You could even argue it was the Allies fault for the way they pinned WWI on Germany during the Paris Peace Conference.

However, WWII was a long time ago and forgiveness would be the best poilicy here IMO.

Freedom of choice is what you've got

Freedom from choice is what you want

http://queen4ever.19.forumer.com/index.php

Posted: 21 Mar 06, 16:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hitler was a good leader. If he hadnt tried to exterminate the jews, Im afraid America may have backed him.

We even saw an article from during the depression from a priest in Michigan saying "Where's our Adolf Hitler?"

Posted: 21 Mar 06, 22:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Now that I think about it, Germany issued and apology for WWII and the Holocaust. The USA issued one for slavery awhile back.

On that note, we could go into any culture and find reasons that it should be destroyed.

Forgiveness or Annihlation... tough choices...

Posted: 22 Mar 06, 06:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I thought it over, and I realized that if the allies weren't there would have been much more victims among jews, political prisoners, russians, gay people and so on.

I was at a lecture held by a professor at the gerusalem university, stephane moses. This guy was held prisoner in morocco with his whole family, and allies set them free just two weeks before their being sent to another camp where they would have been killed.
The final solution was applied even in nazi's colonies, and what if allies didn't come in africa?

take heed that yonder dog! Look when he fawns he bites, and when he bites his venom teeth will rankle to death
dimcyril user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 280 posts

Posted: 22 Mar 06, 08:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FriedChicken<br><font size=1>The Almighty</font> wrote:

If you answer 'Asking for it' that means New york was also asking for 9/11.

London was asking for the metro attacks and so on.

yes i was worried about the terminology 'asking for it' i couldn't think of a better way of expressing it. 'deserved it' maybe. otherwise it would have had to have been a longer explanation. something alomg the lines of 'they had no right to complain about the bombing in the light of the fact that they had indiscriminately bombed many british and european cities, the allies were also engaged in a total war which would only end with the complete destruction of one of the sides. at the time it was believed by many that the destruction of germany's capacity to wage war was essential.

we've no ancestral halls, no haughty portraits on our walls, no family monuments at all, unless it's my cousin sheila's stupendous clevage.
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 22 Mar 06, 10:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen Of Wrestling<h6>Jamie's Bitch</h6> wrote:

Now that I think about it, Germany issued and apology for WWII and the Holocaust. The USA issued one for slavery awhile back.

Someday we'll be expecting an apology from black people over hip-hop, and an apology from hispanics over reggeaton.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Smitty user not visiting Queenzone.com
Cool, we have display messages
Smitty
Deity: 6196 posts

Posted: 22 Mar 06, 10:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That I'd like to see.

Posted: 22 Mar 06, 11:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=teal>Sasha wrote:

spymyshadow wrote:

it is hard to say, but it brings me back an isssue about a girl raped in the daylight in front of people.

Somebody told it was a crime, and somebody instead said: she dressed in a slutty way, that means asking for it.

So it all depends from the point of view.

This is stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life.

I'm glad it is, it's up to those who answer to it.

Posted: 22 Mar 06, 12:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, speaking of war crimes....

Hiroshima, Nagasaki- enough said.

You can argue that we saved a lot of lives that would have been lost in a ground war; its a good topic to debate.

Posted: 22 Mar 06, 12:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You can argue that we saved a lot of lives that would have been lost in a ground war; its a good topic to debate.

whose lives?

Posted: 22 Mar 06, 12:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

spymyshadow wrote:

whose lives?

Both the Japanese and American soldiers' lives. An invasion would have cost millons more to both sides.

Im not condoning nuclear weapons either; but, defeating the Japanese through conventional means (if possible) would have severly increased the death counts.

Mr.Jingles

Posted: 22 Mar 06, 13:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

spymyshadow wrote:

whose lives?

Both the Japanese and American soldiers' lives. An invasion would have cost millons more to both sides.

Im not condoning nuclear weapons either; but, defeating the Japanese through conventional means (if possible) would have severly increased the death counts.

An economic embargo against Japan would have been a better choice to force Japan to surrender. The bad consecuence is that that Japanese civilians would have taken the worst part, because by the end of the war the Japanese army was already stealing all food supplies from civilians and farmers in Japan.
It's been said that an embargo wouldn't have worked due to the extreme national pride of the Japanese army in those days. Their mentality in those days was that an army should fight for their country to the last man standing.

It's a very controversial subject, but at least from my point of view the decision to drop atomic bombs in Hiroshima and Nagasaki was taken way too soon. Those who died had it better than those who survived and suffered from all kinds of diseases due to exposure to radiation.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]

Posted: 22 Mar 06, 13:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

was it necessary to attack japan?
if japan's backbone, that is the nazi, surrendered, what was the use of attacking them?

Mr.Jingles

Posted: 22 Mar 06, 13:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I still believe that nuclear weapons should have never been invented. In fact, no weapons at all should have ever been invented.

Sometimes I think that George Harrison was right when he said that if everyone who owned a weapon killed themselves, we'd live in a better world.

...but then again, WE ARE the weapons. Not the objects that we use to cause harm.

user name user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1449 posts

Posted: 22 Mar 06, 20:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I dunno...I think swords are pretty cool.

Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.

Posted: 22 Mar 06, 21:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

spymyshadow wrote:

whose lives?

Do you have any clue at what you're saying?

I think someone should throw 10 a-bombs on America, because if they go on invading countries for no good reason they will make a lot of casualties on both sides.

Do you have any idea how many people got killed during those cruel and heartless attacks? And are still dying from diseases from radioactivity in the area of Hiroshima and Nagasaki?

About 80.000 in Hiroshima and 220,000 in Nagasaki.. Maybe 0,1% of all those people were Japanese soldiers.

Sometimes I can't believe the American government is still crying over 9/11 !