Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Cleveland Set list, reviews, etc.

forum rss feed
Author

Wiley user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1704 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Mar 06, 22:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brianmay.com published the Official Setlist for tonight's gig in Cleveland. Same songs as the last couple of shows but they changed the order. Now Dragon Attack precedes AOBTD and Under Pressure was moved more near the end. Maybe they thought the audience had reacted positively to Under Pressure. This means that they probably will keep it in the following setlists, Cool! :)

Here's the setlist...

CLEVELAND - Tue 21/03/06
OFFICIAL SET LIST

INTRO – BEAUTIFUL DAY
REACHING OUT
TIE YOUR MOTHER DOWN
FAT BOTTOMED GIRLS
I WANT TO BREAKFREE
TAKE LOVE
CRAZY LITTLE THING
LOVE OF MY LIFE
HAMMER TO FALL
FEEL LIKE MAKIN’ LOVE
DRUM SOLO
I’M IN LOVE WITH MY CAR
GUITAR SOLO
LAST HORIZON
BAD COMPANY
CAN’T GET ENOUGH
DAYS OF OUR LIVES
RADIO GA GA
DRAGON ATTACK
ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST
UNDER PRESSURE
SHOW MUST GO ON
BO RAP
---
ROCK YOU
ALL RIGHT NOW
CHAMPIONS

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 21 Mar 06, 23:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Had a great time tonight!! No major flubs..;-) Enjoyed seeing William, Haystacks, and Richard..(if you still look on here!) Jeroen..were you there?

Brian was funny.. When he went to the end of the catwalk for LOML, he let out this huge scream! ;-D I'd say the place was around 80% full. The only real obvious gaps were in the corners of the arena from what I could tell at my vantage point. The crowd was a heck of a lot better than Pittsburgh, although I did see quite a few people sitting in the stands. Good times, good times..;-D

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 22 Mar 06, 00:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

See Melissa, now he stands on the piano and kicks the stool:

http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/6610/badcompany2bq.jpg

http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/2554/dscf05771up.jpg

I don't think that there is anyway that would have got your camcorder in there. Security was pretty tight.

rickelrr user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 24 posts

Posted: 22 Mar 06, 00:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just got home, show was AMAZING, everything I expected and more. Crowd was pretty good, like said before I'd say 80% + full. I was in section 127, I'd say most of them stood the whole time (I DID). Songs that got the most reaction were Radio GAGA (crowd did very weil with the clapping!), BoRap, and of course the encore songs.

Sorry I don't have pics as of yet, my digital camera is ancient and sucks at distance shots so I used a disposable, I dunno how they'll turn out.

I'm wondering, how did the crowd compare to other shows (this is the only one I was able to make)?

It was a damn good show, I wish Freddie would've been there. Paul did as good of job as could be expected. Not everyone thought this tour was a good idea, but I appreciate Brian and Rog for having the balls to do it, without them I would've never heard these songs live. Seeing them in action was brilliant. Half of Queen is still better than any other band out there now IMO.

I look forward to seeing some of your guys' photos and your take on it

ROCK ON!

romefan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 39 posts

Posted: 22 Mar 06, 00:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well-said, Rickell...you're spot on. This band on it's worst night, without it's lead singer, and a half-empty arena still kicks the crap outta practically any band I could name.

Queen on vinyl rules!
wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts

Posted: 22 Mar 06, 06:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Finally made it back, the concert was IMO better then NJ even with less people, seeing a 80 year old grandma dancing for about 3 songs really is something and 15 year old kids holding up "Long live Freddie" signs was also something.
So Happy they played IWTBF and UP and I do like that version of Dragon attack. All the Bad company/Free songs seemed to get a huge amount of clapping compared to some of the Queen songs.
They should Drop Radio Ga Ga, or atleast have some one other then Roger sing it, he sings good but has no emotion for that song.
I think I seen Jereon, I did see some one holding a dutch flag, and also another person holding what I think I was the French flag.

MY GOD spell it write.
Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 22 Mar 06, 08:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PieterMC wrote:

I don't think that there is anyway that would have got your camcorder in there. Security was pretty tight.

Were they wanding people? If not, I'd have gotten it in there. Hrrr hrrr hrrr!!!

Glad you all had a great time! :)

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

Erin

Posted: 22 Mar 06, 08:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lisser wrote:

Were they wanding people? If not, I'd have gotten it in there.

You had to walk through a metal detector..:-S

Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 22 Mar 06, 11:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Erin wrote:

Lisser wrote:

Were they wanding people? If not, I'd have gotten it in there.

You had to walk through a metal detector..:-S

Snap! I forgot about those Cleveland thugs! Well drastic measures would have called for drastic techniques.....it's underwire Mr. Security Guard...I promise. *cheesey grin*

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

JustHisWife user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 49 posts

Posted: 22 Mar 06, 12:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Security: I had a big ol' purse, full of girl scout cookies, two cameras and $ store products. The security guy started to laugh and never checked through everything. I could have gotten away with a proper camera if I had one.

The show was fun, I think I enjoyed it better than NJ. Would have preferred to stand up and dance, but up there it was too steep. The only ones dancing close to us were clearly drunk to their brains.

P & E nice to see you two at the HRC. I know Bill enjoyed it.

Anybody meeting anywhere for the Detroit show?

This is who I am

You can

Like it or not

You can

Love me or leave me

'Cause I'm never gonna stop.
7Innuendo7 user not visiting Queenzone.com
7Innuendo7
Bohemian: 816 posts

Posted: 22 Mar 06, 13:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OMG! Cleveland was magic :)

The crowd really enjoyed the Bad Co and Free material, and there were probably 3x the size crowd of Pittsburgh. Danny had some great moments, esp the Dragon Attack solo...Mary scored great tix and we sat three rows from the stage. Amazing, Thanks guys!

When a red hot man meets a white hot lady, Hoop Diddy Diddy, Hoop Diddy Doo!
rickelrr user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 24 posts

Posted: 22 Mar 06, 14:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Anybody else have some pics? I'm off to get mine developed today, hopefully scanned & posted sometime soon. I'd be neat to see the show from a different view.

Erin

Posted: 22 Mar 06, 14:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

JustHisWife wrote:

Anybody meeting anywhere for the Detroit show?

We haven't got any plans yet, but I'd be up for meeting somewhere.

Erin

Posted: 22 Mar 06, 14:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Went to the Rock hall today. I must say I was a tad disappointed at the lack of Queen stuff. Wouldn't mind havin' the NOTW drum that's there, though! I think my favorite things were John Lennon's report cards and Jimi Hendrix's childhood drawings.

rockyracoon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 173 posts

Posted: 22 Mar 06, 16:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

NOTW?

Crazy LittleThing user not visiting Queenzone.com
Crazy LittleThing
Royalty: 1593 posts

Posted: 22 Mar 06, 16:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PieterMC wrote:

Oh Pieter of little faith! Not only would Lisser have gotten her camcorder in the arena, she would have convinced all the security guys to take off their shirts! ;) She totally rocks!

I saved Spike's life in 'Nam.
dougie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 67 posts

Posted: 22 Mar 06, 17:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Based on fan reviews, the band probably would have been well served to have bypassed Buffalo and Pittsburgh. Maybe then Cleveland would have sold out.

I caught the Cleveland show last night. The band played well. The audience was not as energetic as I hoped, but what can you do?

My only other comment is that I wish Queen would pick up the tempo on some of the tunes (Radio GaGa, FBG, and The Show Must Go On come to mind). The tracks come off more heavy than hard, which I think takes some excitement out of the equation. (Notice in Queen's Live Aid set how Radio GaGa was sped up a little -- it was great.)

Haystacks Calhoun user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1550 posts

Posted: 22 Mar 06, 18:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It would have been no sweat to get a video camera into there. No sweat at all. Our digital camera records video, I recorded a few minutes here and there of the show.

Sound is suprisingly good, wish I had recorded more.

Boy, did I get a TON of pics! The only problem I had was finding our way back to our hotel DRUNK in the freezing cold. That sucked. Once we got back, though, we continued to party down.

What a fun day and night. Was very cool to meet Erin, Pieter, and Shay. They all probably think I'm wierd. ha ha ha

"Not a fan of the ladies, are you Trebek?"

Sean Connery
PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 22 Mar 06, 19:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Haystacks Calhoun wrote:

What a fun day and night. Was very cool to meet Erin, Pieter, and Shay. They all probably think I'm wierd. ha ha ha

Great to meet you too. Most of our pictures turned out like crap :-(

Shay user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 315 posts

Posted: 22 Mar 06, 19:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just getting around to making a post about my quick trip to Cleveland. The boys rocked Cleveland. The band was tight--much more than when I saw them in New Jersey last year, IMO. The crowd, on the other hand, was pretty lame. Maybe it was just me, but I didn't think they were overly enthusiastic. Nothing like NJ last year. In fact, I thought besides "Under Pressure" and "Bohemian Rhapsody," the Bad Company songs got a bigger response than the Queen songs. I asked 2 different security people if they knew how many tickets were sold--they both said a little over 7,000.

I thought "Under Pressure" was kick ass (other than Brian's attempt at falsetto...lol). Didn't think they were gonna play it since it didn't come in the middle of the set like it had been at earlier shows. Could have done without "I Want To Break Free" (like the studio version but never cared for the live version--even with Freddie). I thought "Take Love" sounded more like a Paul Rodgers solo song or maybe a reject from one of the songs he wrote for the Bad Company reunion back in 1999-2000 that may have been reworked?? Was an OK song--just wasn't very memorable, IMO. "Dragon Attack" was simply awesome. Overall, I'm extra glad I went and had the best freakin' seats you could ask for for $80.

Went to the Rock & Roll HoF this morning for about an hour or so. Had a couple Queen items on display--a replica of Brian's guitar, John's bass, Roger's News Of The World bass drum, and Freddie's Works tour costume. Overall, pretty much the same stuff in there as the last time I was there 5 years ago (although I would've killed for that Rolling Stones pinball machine).

Wish my trip didn't have to be so quick. Didn't get out of the 'Nati 'til late on Tuesday 'cos of work so I didn't arrive in Cleveland til 6:30 so I missed the get-together at Hard Rock, and had to come back early today to finish the project (it was supposed to be in the mail on Monday...lol). But it was great to see Aaron P. and Pieter again, and great to meet Haystacks (even if they were all briefly).