Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > When are they going to play Headlong?

forum rss feed
Author

Be Free With Your Tempo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 57 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Mar 06, 17:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

BM: There are an awful lot of hits that happened for us between 1980 and the present day that happened in most of the rest of the world, but didn’t in America. So, if we play something like “I Want It All,” “Headlong,” “The Show Must Go On” or “These Are the Days Of Our Lives"

I didn't hear that song actually

All I Hear Is Radio Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1181 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Mar 06, 00:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'd like to hear it sometime soon...*crosses fingers*


"Take The First Step In Faith, You Don't Have To See The Whole Staircase, Just Take The First Step."
stateside fan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 632 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Mar 06, 01:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

when freddie gets back from holiday they will play it


john pistlli
Shane Jazz user not visiting Queenzone.com
Shane Jazz
Bohemian: 687 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Mar 06, 01:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That would be fantastic, wouldn't it? Instead, we'll keep seeing GaGa and IWTBF.


Man Made Paradise
Going Back user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 483 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Mar 06, 02:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

problem is, that paul can't learn headlong song words that fast, so it would be very nice when roger would sing it... :D (allready heard brian singing it)

Munchsack user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1770 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Mar 06, 08:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote


I know the words, I'd fly out and sing it if they asked me!


This can't end well.
mattsmith user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 125 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Mar 06, 12:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think that maybe Brian and Rogers favourites are being played.
Alot of their early to mid 80's stuff is being showcased.
I would like to see a lot more of the bands later work (late 80's to early 90's) attempted in a live show.
The following songs i would personally like to hear played live:

Headlong
Innuendo
The miracle
The hitman
Ride the wild wind
Mother love



Innuendo or Kashmir? Both awesome!
Wiley user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1704 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Mar 06, 13:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The answer to your question is "Never", with 98% probability of being right and +/-2% of possible error, hehe :) They have already played all the other songs mentioned in the initial post.

Roger said they would have a 'rolling setlist' and that they would concentrate a bit more in their 70's material. Well, they haven't. I think the setlist is actually very good but they could introduce a couple of other songs.

As I said in another post, this is more like an 'evolving setlist': they drop songs, they introduce (very few) other songs on the way. They are happy doing this but... was it too far fetched for them to think (a year ago) that they would have MANY fans attending MANY shows in a row??? So far we've had many songs played that could have been used as a rolling setlist.

I mean, they already rehearsed almost EVERY song from the beginning of the tour, they are professionals, they could have shuffled it a bit. Instead of doing 5 shows with exactly the same setlist, then other 2 shows with 2 different tracks, then introduce another one, drop some songs, etc; they could have alternated this 3 (slightly) different sets, one each show. They don't need to rehearse 50 songs at the beginning of a tour to do this. This is why I think it's not a rolling setlist, but an 'evolving' one. They played the first full set in Brixton thinking it was the best, and then modified it on the way to make it better (except when Paul had throat problems)... :S

Wiley

Going Back user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 483 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 23 Mar 06, 13:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mattsmith wrote:

I think that maybe Brian and Rogers favourites are being played.
Alot of their early to mid 80's stuff is being showcased.
I would like to see a lot more of the bands later work (late 80's to early 90's) attempted in a live show.
The following songs i would personally like to hear played live:

Headlong
Innuendo
The miracle
The hitman
Ride the wild wind
Mother love


i think the same, i would really like to hear late stuff what has never been played live before. and biran said that freddies best songs are don't try so hard and the miracle, ok don't try so hard is too hard to sing for anyone of them, but the miracle would be exellent! ok and many more like a winters tale, headlong, innunedo, scandal, hitman, was it all worth it, heaven for everyone, let me live and omg bring back i want it all!! ok they can't try any of these songs but c'mon one or twoo please? don't they get boored of the same setlist and now it has been more then a year only few songs changed on the list...

GonnaUseMyPrisoners user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 714 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Apr 06, 02:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wiley wrote:

I mean, they already rehearsed almost EVERY song from the beginning of the tour, they are professionals, they could have shuffled it a bit. Instead of doing 5 shows with exactly the same setlist, then other 2 shows with 2 different tracks, then introduce another one, drop some songs, etc; they could have alternated this 3 (slightly) different sets, one each show.
Wiley


Yeah, but then they'd have to change the teleprompter too often, and that's too much work. ;-)


...gonna use my prisoners, gonna give 'em the business...
Going Back user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 483 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Apr 06, 03:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

what!=? they rehearsed allmost every song?? does any audio recording exists of any song what we haven't heard live maybe?

Donna13 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1683 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Apr 06, 08:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie said in an interview once that some songs will never be done in concert. He said some songs were too delicate or just wouldn't work in concert.