Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Guns 'N' Roses to perform Live in Nijmegen,The Netherlands

forum rss feed
Author

onevsion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2241 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Mar 06, 06:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello,

Dunno if this is of any interest for you guys but here it is anyway ;-)

Just saw on the dutch ticketmaster website (www.ticketmaster.nl) that Guns'N'Roses (who ever besides Axl that me be;-)) will be giving a concert in

Goffertpark, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
2nd of July 2006
presale starts tomorrow (saturday 25TH of March)

Maybe..... (just my thoughts, not based on any fact) Brian will be there as a guest.

TRS-Romania user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 650 posts

Posted: 24 Mar 06, 10:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Couldnt it be better called the "Axl Rose Band" as compared to the "Brian May Band" tour ...

Lets face it, Axl is (if I am correct) the only original member ... but anyway he is as smart as our palls Brian/Roger ...to use the original band name when going on a new tour ...

Stefan

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 24 Mar 06, 13:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah see it's all about which member dies/leaves.

I think it works in an outfit like The Who, because all four members were renowned for some reason or another, and even with the colossal gap left by Moon and Entwistle, I mean... we've still got Daltrey and Mr. Windmill. Amazing musicians really, classic catalogue behind them.

I don't find the Q+PR thing to be too offensive, because I reckon Brian and Roger were also instrumental in that Queen sound (listen to April Lady - they were well on the way before Freddie showed up), and this new tour is *supposed* to be something else. I don't see it as an insult at all, but that's just me (obviously!).

As for Guns 'N' Roses - I don't care, they're not my cup of tea. But, more power to them and I hope they enjoy the show.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
NOTWMEDDLE user not visiting Queenzone.com
NOTWMEDDLE
Bohemian: 691 posts

Posted: 25 Mar 06, 00:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Guns and Roses without Slash and Duff is like Styx without Dennis DeYoung, despicable. The new G 'N R album is going to flop BIG TIME. The US tour was cancelled due to poor ticket sales in 2002 after a few shows. Face it, they suck now. Genesis tried to go on without Phil Collins and failed. Pink Floyd however succeeded after Roger Waters left and it was still 3/4 of the classic lineup with David Gilmour, Nick Mason and Rick Wright(Gilmour was the voice and guitar of PF's classic era and was the music arranger and co-writer musically with help from Rick Wright whilst Roger Waters was the master wordsmith although he did go too wordy after Wish You Were Here).

"Spread your wings and fly away, fly away, far away!", "No one makes me sing lullabies and no one makes me close my eyes"