Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Freddie's best look?

forum rss feed
Author

its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Mar 06, 08:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie changed his looks quite alot and there must be like one look you liked best, you know the look that just suited him.

We have, the early 60s look with his hair short.
The 70s hippie long hair look.
The short jelled hair but no tash look in the late 70s.
The short hair and tash, bascially the gay clone look through out the early to mid 80s.
The short hair but no tash look in the late 80s.
The short hair with a beard look in 1989-1990 look.
The short hair skinny pale face in 1991.

My best look of him would have to be between the 70s hippie look and gay clone 80s look. Probably the years of 1974-1975 or 1984-1985 was his best look for me.

FLICK user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 26 posts

Posted: 27 Mar 06, 08:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

1973-76.
From the Liar/KYA videos to the Hyde Park concert. The (dyed?) long backcombed black hair, make up, black finger nails. The Zandra Rhodes flowing white top(Rainbow Nov 74), the tight black outfit showing his chest (Liar/KYA videos), the tight white body suit (Hyde Park) the red velvet jacket. He looked amazing in that era. All of Queen did. Where did his costumes from that era end up?

Posted: 27 Mar 06, 09:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FLICK wrote:

. Where did his costumes from that era end up?

I think 1977-1978 then he dressed in all that biker stuff.

saltnvinegar user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 312 posts

Posted: 27 Mar 06, 11:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Any look EXCEPT those leotard things. Was just watching Earl's Court and actually found his costumes quite distracting (for a number of reasons :0) especially when they were playing some of the heavier stuff. I guess the intention was to defy the conventional rock cliches but I could have done without the harlequin and that glittery silver number.

flash! 28068 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2995 posts

Posted: 27 Mar 06, 12:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He looks like a friendly teddybear in the late 80's.
Early to mid 80's very, very, very yummy and i just love the clothes.
Mid 70's he looks gorgeous with those eyes.
Late 70's with all the hairy chest and leather.... that really done it for me... simply sexy! I'm dribbling as we speak, dear!

"It’s not often we play in daylight, and I fucking well wish we did before, I can see you all now. And there are some beauties here tonight, I can tell you!" ;)
MelinaMercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 358 posts

Posted: 27 Mar 06, 12:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Any look is good enough for me :D! hahaha X

"If you want your soul to find peace, go to Montreux." - Freddie Mercury

Posted: 27 Mar 06, 12:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MrsMercury2005 wrote:

Any look is good enough for me :D! hahaha X

Preferably with no cloths on at all! lol Thats the way to like it! ;)

"It’s not often we play in daylight, and I fucking well wish we did before, I can see you all now. And there are some beauties here tonight, I can tell you!" ;)

Posted: 27 Mar 06, 12:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, i mean i love him whatever way he looks but i do have a favourite look of him... it's not any harm to have one :)

Posted: 27 Mar 06, 12:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=Orange>A Winter's Tale wrote:

<font color="#FF00CC">its_a_hard_life wrote:

Freddie changed his looks quite alot and there must be like one look you liked best, you know the look that just suited him.

We have, the early 60s look with his hair short.
The 70s hippie long hair look.
The short jelled hair but no tash look in the late 70s.
The short hair and tash, bascially the gay clone look through out the early to mid 80s.
The short hair but no tash look in the late 80s.
The short hair with a beard look in 1989-1990 look.
The short hair skinny pale face in 1991.

My best look of him would have to be between the 70s hippie look and gay clone 80s look. Probably the years of 1974-1975 or 1984-1985 was his best look for me.

I don't think it's fair to have an option for as you put it 'The short hair skinny pale face in 1991'. Freddie couldn't help the way he looked then and I don't think he was trying to make a fashion statement. I find that disrepectful.

He always looked lovely... even when he was ill. Once beautiful, always beautiful!

magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 27 Mar 06, 12:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=red>Flash! wrote:

Once beautiful, always beautiful!

And there you have it.

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

Posted: 27 Mar 06, 13:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So your saying that when you could see the illness it was beautiful? Well each to thier own I guess.

No. I have seen images of him looking awfully ill and its upsetting to say the least. I was saying he coped well and always tried to look reasonable even when in the worst of his hours of illness.
What i'm saying is that he will always be a beautiful human being.
Don't mistake me for some sick freak who likes the looks of ill people. lol

Munchsack user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1770 posts

Posted: 27 Mar 06, 13:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

All except the last one, and the late 70s look, which was awful, and obviously at the end he was wasting away.

This can't end well.

Posted: 27 Mar 06, 13:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, actually i know someone who there favourite is the 1991 look. I didnt mean it like that, like i said before i love Freddie whatever look he is, even when he was ill. Because i love him for his personality and pure talent. I just wanted to know if anyone had a favourite look of him, because i'm sure most of us do. I do and i'm not affirad to say.

magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 27 Mar 06, 13:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well I just think no fans would like to see him like that knowing that while those photos were being taken in the period he was ill, he was in terrible pain. And you can actually see the illness there right in front of your eyes. It's awful to look at when you see him in the 80s looking fit and healthy to eventually end up looking 20 years older.

During the time he was ill, he still worked. He put himself out there. He had a strength of will to be admired. While it's sad to see him looking that way and know he was dying, it's also comforting to know he was doing what he loved to do despite the way he looked. You don't turn from someone you love or think they're less beautiful because they no longer look fit. You see them for who they are deep inside. That's why Freddie looked so beautiful from beginning to end. Because of who he was and what he meant to us (me).

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

Posted: 27 Mar 06, 13:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm just saying I think it's strange to say he looked beautiful when he was dying and only had a few months to live. It's just weird.

Yeah i know what you mean by that, but i love him whatever way he looks. You wouldnt care about that would you? Just because he looked like that doesnt mean he wasnt the same person inside.

Posted: 27 Mar 06, 13:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

magicalfreddiemercury wrote:

Well I just think no fans would like to see him like that knowing that while those photos were being taken in the period he was ill, he was in terrible pain. And you can actually see the illness there right in front of your eyes. It's awful to look at when you see him in the 80s looking fit and healthy to eventually end up looking 20 years older.

During the time he was ill, he still worked. He put himself out there. He had a strength of will to be admired. While it's sad to see him looking that way and know he was dying, it's also comforting to know he was doing what he loved to do despite the way he looked. You don't turn from someone you love or think they're less beautiful because they no longer look fit. You see them for who they are deep inside. That's why Freddie looked so beautiful from beginning to end. Because of who he was and what he meant to us (me).

I agree with you 100% there.

Bono Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 134 posts

Posted: 27 Mar 06, 13:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I thought Freddie looked well between 1989 to 1991 despite being ill but he looked very well during that time.

Why kill the goose that laid the golden egg Freddie Mercury 1985

And All I Can Do Is Surrender.
biggest_fan_K user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 342 posts

Posted: 27 Mar 06, 15:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

it was electric7 wrote:

70's=BEAUTIFUL
80's=BEAUTIFUL
90's[for the short time =(]=BEAUTIFUL!!

but I must say, he looked his best,happiest, and healthiest in the I was Born To Love You Video which I think is early to mid 80's

i agree!

it was electric7 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 709 posts

Posted: 27 Mar 06, 15:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

70's=BEAUTIFUL
80's=BEAUTIFUL
90's[for the short time =(]=BEAUTIFUL!!

but I must say, he looked his best,happiest, and healthiest in the I was Born To Love You Video which I think is early to mid 80's

Rogers_Bitch user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 254 posts

Posted: 27 Mar 06, 19:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie looked his best at Live Aid!

Im Rogers bitch, beware i bite ;)