Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Anybody meeting before the San Diego gig?

forum rss feed
Author

Wiley user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1704 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Mar 06, 12:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi guys. I made a search but I found nothing regarding any possible meeting or tailgate party for fans before the show this saturday. I'll be flying from Monterrey to Tijuana friday night with some friends and then we'll go to San Diego the following morning.

I know Richard Orchard and other Queenzoners are attending this gig but I don't know if there's been talks about meeting somewhere. Maybe something really close to the arena a couple of hours before? maybe even after aswell. We haven't booked a hostel to stay in San Diego yet, maybe we'll look for it when we arrive on saturday morning. We want to do some sightseeing and eat typical food and then maybe meet up with some fans.

Any suggestions for a meeting over there?

Wiley

LoveToken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 6 posts

Posted: 29 Mar 06, 14:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://paulrodgers-forums.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=429

Posted: 29 Mar 06, 16:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've never been to San Diego either. I'll be sightseeing with some friends on that day and then I have to pick up my tickets on Will Call at Cox Arena. Maybe we could meet around 5pm or something like that. I have to ask my friends if they want to but I'll convince them to go, hehe :).

How far from the arena is this place suggested in the Paul Rodgers Forum? I'll look it up.

Maybe someone else is interested? I didn't see replies in that other thread on the PR Forum... :S

Wiley

WhiteQueen16 user not visiting Queenzone.com
WhiteQueen16
Rocker: 43 posts

Posted: 29 Mar 06, 16:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OOO!! im going to the San Diego concert too!!! maybe i will see you guys there!!! that could be "the meeting".... :D

MrBdGuy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 21 posts

Posted: 29 Mar 06, 16:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FYI, Cox Arena is on the San Diego State University campus so there's a LOT of places to hang out right around there. The place on the Paul Rodgers forum isn't that far but there's lots of places that are walking distance from the arena. I don't have much of a life so unfortunately I can't really recommend anything (which is really sad because I live about 10 minutes from SDSU and go to school there) but if somebody else comes up with something before or after I'll probably show up.

MrBdGuy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 21 posts

Posted: 29 Mar 06, 16:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh, and, yes, I will be attending the San Diego gig (and Anaheim!).

Posted: 29 Mar 06, 16:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just checked and that place is about 2km from the Arena. It's still "walking distance" but, as someone else said, there MUST be many places closer to the University Campus. It would be nice if the place is something "typical-ish" and there's also not so expensive food, apart from drinks. Come one, someone from the area can come up with an idea for a meeting place... :)

Wiley

Crazy LittleThing user not visiting Queenzone.com
Crazy LittleThing
Royalty: 1593 posts

NoOneButMe user not visiting Queenzone.com
NoOneButMe
Bohemian: 245 posts

Posted: 29 Mar 06, 21:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi everybody!!!

I am going to attend the San Diego show too. I will be arriving in Tijuana on Friday, the same day I am planning to visit San Diego (Gaslamp Quarter, Seaport Village, Old Town and maybe SDSU) and on Saturday the same to be early at Cox Arena and get my ticket at Will Call, so if there´s a meeting before the concert I would like to be there and meet some other Queenzoners and Queen fans.

See you there in a couple of days!!!!

Rafael.

Only the good die young !!!
likecats user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 30 Mar 06, 02:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Cox Arena is on the SDSU campus, and there are local watering holes to hang out in, but it's been years since I spent any quality time there so I'm not much help as far as a specific place. We would be interested in meeting up, though.

Donna13 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1683 posts

Posted: 30 Mar 06, 08:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would suggest using tripadvisor.com - they have hotel and restaurant info and lots of helpful fellow-traveler comments.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g60750-i41-San_Diego_California.html

Posted: 30 Mar 06, 09:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rafael, I'm also getting my tickets on Will Call and they told me I should get them from 7pm on. What other plans have you got for Saturday? Where are you staying in San Diego/Tijuana? I'm flying to Tijuana with some friends on Friday night and I'll be arriving to San Diego on Saturday morning.

Wiley

PD: Conéctate el messenger, creo que ahí te tengo, ¿no? A ver si se hace algo por allá y nos ponemos de acuerdo.

Donna13 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1683 posts

Posted: 30 Mar 06, 13:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, this is a mute point, since everyone is meeting at Effin's, but I got a response on my post on tripadvisor.com (good info anyway):

"I hate to say it, but there is NOTHING within walking distance. Cox is on the San Diego State University Campus. There are a couple of bars on El Cajon Blvd, but that is still about 1 mile from Cox. You may be better meeting in Mission Valley first.
Have fun, im jealous you are going!"

Posted: 30 Mar 06, 14:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So Effin's it is. I don't know if we'll make it by 4pm but we'll try to be there for a while. Then we can walk to the arena. I still have to tell my friends about this plan but, if everything turns out alright, you can count 4 mexican guys on your table at Effin's, hehe :).
Hope to see you there.

Juan Carlos Wiley
a.k.a. "That mexican guy at the Vienna, Munich, Prague and Leipzig gigs"

NoOneButMe

Posted: 30 Mar 06, 22:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, then I´ll try to be there at Effins also and have a great time with all of you.

BTW, what do you know about bringing cameras to the show?

See you there!!!

Rafael

wesker1287 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 28 posts

Posted: 31 Mar 06, 00:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I live in san diego, a stones throw away from cox arena, and I know for a fact that Effins pub is too far to walk to and from cox arena, so I dont know why everybody is going there, hope you all have a ride.

Posted: 31 Mar 06, 12:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian just placed a promoter's comment on camera policy for San Diego and other gigs and it appears like the bottom line is that they don't allow cameras in the arena. Too bad. I don't even have one, so that's not a problem for me :S. Anyway, many people always manage to get them inside.

Wiley

Posted: 31 Mar 06, 21:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

oops, accidently clicked "new topic"

dude, I live in san diego ,and I know that effins is way too far away to walk. you'll be walking for an hour.

Posted: 31 Mar 06, 22:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They used to deliver pizza, but not anymore. Its not anything special, but their wings are great.

NoOneButMe

Posted: 31 Mar 06, 22:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, today I've been at Cox Arena and there's placed in one window that they DO NOT allow:

Beverages
Backpacks
Coolers
Audio/Video recorders

But now with the comment of Wiley I really don't know if I am taking my camera with me.......

Unless I'll take the risk.....

Anyway, see you there tomorrow!!!
Rafael