Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Help with I Wanna Testify

forum rss feed
Author

Munchsack user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1770 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Mar 06, 11:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just downloaded Limewire and the first thing I did was searched for I Wanna Testify, but Roger's didn't come up. So I searched for Roger Taylor, and it still didn't come up! Anyone know why and/or can help me get it?

This can't end well.
Munchsack user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1770 posts

Posted: 30 Mar 06, 12:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks, Sash, but it doesn't seem to have worked.

This can't end well.
Jan78 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 264 posts

Posted: 30 Mar 06, 12:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maybe any of these links has it?

http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/forumnew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q=448548

Hippolyte user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 351 posts

Posted: 30 Mar 06, 19:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good luck trying to find anything on Limewire; it's a crap program. I didn't find any of Roger's solo stuff (including I Wanna Testify) until I downloaded eMule.

Great King Sam user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 65 posts

Posted: 31 Mar 06, 02:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hippolyte wrote:

Good luck trying to find anything on Limewire; it's a crap program. I didn't find any of Roger's solo stuff (including I Wanna Testify) until I downloaded eMule.

LimeWire isn't crap, then I again I use it for videos and software etc. Maybe, if you want actual mp3s, you should download a program called "Walk To The Shops & Buy It", with the add-on patch "Try Amazon Maybe". That's good, and works for most people.

i'll think of a signature later...
Mr Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
Mr Mercury
Deity: 4632 posts

Posted: 31 Mar 06, 04:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Munchsack wrote:

I just downloaded Limewire and the first thing I did was searched for I Wanna Testify, but Roger's didn't come up. So I searched for Roger Taylor, and it still didn't come up! Anyone know why and/or can help me get it?

The version you got was the original one by the Parliaments which Rien put up on his site ( www.mercuryparadise.com ) . You'll also probably find that it wont be shared on here as it is considered official.

However, heres a video clip taken from The Marc Bolan show for you. Its not great in quality though. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=27YTNX44

"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."
Manic user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 110 posts

Posted: 31 Mar 06, 05:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Posted: 31 Mar 06, 05:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great King Sam wrote:

Hippolyte wrote:

LimeWire isn't crap, then I again I use it for videos and software etc. Maybe, if you want actual mp3s, you should download a program called "Walk To The Shops & Buy It", with the add-on patch "Try Amazon Maybe". That's good, and works for most people.

If you ever have to define the word "hypocrite" then this would be a good example. Why don't you "walk to the shops" and buy the software that you're stealing instead of sniping at someone trying to obtain a long deleted record.

RETROLOVE user not visiting Queenzone.com
RETROLOVE
Deity: 2522 posts

Posted: 31 Mar 06, 05:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr Mercury wrote:

Munchsack wrote:

The version you got was the original one by the Parliaments which Rien put up on his site ( www.mercuryparadise.com ) . You'll also probably find that it wont be shared on here as it is considered official.

However, heres a video clip taken from The Marc Bolan show for you. Its not great in quality though. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=27YTNX44>

That didnt work for me for some reason, it said, expired warning, etc?

Loving the pass, cherishing the present, and looking forward to the future

Mr Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
Mr Mercury
Deity: 4632 posts

Posted: 31 Mar 06, 05:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brokeback Queen, what you need to do is press refresh and then it will work. Basically what has happened is that a full page advertisement has tried to open up and thats why your getting the "expired" sign. you may also need to press "continue to Megaupload" button on the next page to get to the link. Hope that helps!!

"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."
RETROLOVE

Posted: 31 Mar 06, 06:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr Mercury wrote:

Brokeback Queen, what you need to do is press refresh and then it will work. Basically what has happened is that a full page advertisement has tried to open up and thats why your getting the "expired" sign. you may also need to press "continue to Megaupload" button on the next page to get to the link. Hope that helps!!

Oh okay...thanx!

Posted: 31 Mar 06, 07:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Manic wrote:

Great King Sam wrote:

Hippolyte wrote:

If you ever have to define the word "hypocrite" then this would be a good example. Why don't you "walk to the shops" and buy the software that you're stealing instead of sniping at someone trying to obtain a long deleted record.

A) My comment was meant in jest, so lighten up
B) Software entails a whole lot of things and doesn't neccessarily mean I am stealing. For example, many freeware applications can be searched for using appliactions such as LimeWire, like spy-ware programs, trials of various desktop tweaking programs (e.g. TuneUp Utilities for one) etc etc etc.
C) I wasn't actually commenting on the attempt to download Testify, more the attempt to download "any of Roger's solo stuff"

Posted: 31 Mar 06, 07:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's fair enough. However, if you only want to download trial software or freeware, the software manufacturer's website would surely be more reliable and up to date.

Posted: 31 Mar 06, 09:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Manic wrote:

That's fair enough. However, if you only want to download trial software or freeware, the software manufacturer's website would surely be more reliable and up to date.

It's far easier to search generally. If I'm looking for a particular something, e.g. a desktop graphics program, I can search for the category, and try out the most popular downloads. Makes sense, right? If I like it, I'll buy it froma shop or from the website. If not, oh well, I'll delete it. Same difference really.

Rien user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2204 posts

Posted: 31 Mar 06, 10:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've send you an e-mail, Munchsack
;-)

Feel free to visit my site - http://www.mercuryparadise.com

(Come into my life, it's a MercuryParadise)
Hippolyte user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 351 posts

Posted: 31 Mar 06, 11:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great King Sam wrote:

I have bought Roger's albums actually and was more than happy to do so. I'm just not going to spend $20 on something I've never heard before, which is I download first. I'm sorry if you find getting to know what's on an album before buying it offensive.

RETROLOVE

Posted: 05 Apr 06, 05:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just wanted to let you guys know, I found Roger's video for I wanna testify on youtube.com by mistake...(no I wasnt searching for it) I cant post it, but it is on youtube.com, just search for Roger Taylor-I wanna testify...

Cheers!

chefman5150 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 290 posts

Posted: 05 Apr 06, 05:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have it in excellent form...email me if you want and I can send it to you...
bambams_mailbox@sbcglobal.net

Ain't Much I'm Asking...If You Want the Truth...