forum rss feed
Author

Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Mar 06, 14:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi people! Did you miss me? ;)

I just bought Billy Joel's "My Lives" box set, and I HAD to post about it. It's SO awesome! There are tons of great rarities on it. I'm a little over halfway through the first disc, and it has been wonderful so far.

Now, I KNOW I'm not the only fan of Billy's here, so I want to know, do any of you have this set? And if so, what do you think of it?

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 30 Mar 06, 15:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, I don't have this, but your excitement is contagious. I just might put it on my birthday gift list!

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

Carol! the Musical user not visiting Queenzone.com
Carol! the Musical
Deity: 5934 posts

Posted: 30 Mar 06, 15:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yaaaay, someone has posted a thread about Billy Joel! He is so freaking awesome! I plan on buying My Lives very soon, but it's expensive! :-P
By the way, do you know the extent of his tour and the places he plans to visit? I only know it's for a veeery limited time, and I really wanted to go!

-Things Have Changed For Me-
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 30 Mar 06, 18:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm such a big fan of Billy Joel that I'd let him crash into my house anytime he wants.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 30 Mar 06, 19:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

I'm such a big fan of Billy Joel that I'd let him crash into my house anytime he wants.

AMEN! Hell, I'll even buy him the beer!

By the way, I heard just today that Billy is planning on going to Europe for a few shows as well.

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2393 posts

Posted: 31 Mar 06, 08:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Didn't know he had a set out I will have to look out for it, I would like to see him again, the last time was 1980 I think, shame he has fallen out with Liberty DeVito, that guy is wonderful.

"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
Farlander user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 662 posts

Posted: 31 Mar 06, 09:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, the set is OK, but there was a lot of stuff that should have been on there that was missed. Also, there was some stuff that didn't belong on there at all (the regular album tracks). The DVD was rather lame as well, compared to what could have been put on there. I'd say the set is OK, but not great.

I just Billy in concert, actually. He was fantastic. He looks great, and his voice is in great shape. He really seems to be having fun out there. I agree, though, that Liberty not being in the band is a shame.

Carol! the Musical

Posted: 31 Mar 06, 16:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

Same here. :-P

Carol! the Musical

Posted: 31 Mar 06, 20:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The place closest to OK he's playing in is Nevada... :-(
I want to go so much, but it's too far awaaay...

Carol! the Musical

Posted: 07 Apr 06, 16:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just got "My Lives"... It's great!!! :-D :-D