Forums > Personal > I-Pods

forum rss feed
Author

MJQueen Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 18 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Apr 06, 18:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey peeps do u think I-Pods are overratted i sertinly do they are a complete waste of money in my opinion Multimedia Centers are the thing they hold more stuff than the i-pod has a bigger screen than the i-pod.


Its so sad that people belive in the TABLOIDS because all they do is tell lies
The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Apr 06, 18:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They're way overpriced that's for sure.
I have the cheapest one and it's enough for me. :)


Killed by drones.
its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Apr 06, 19:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have an iPod mini, yeah i do think there overrated. Usually it's like "if you dont have one your not cool" :S
That's not the reason why i have one, i have one because like most people i need it for my music.
I know a few people who just bought it for the games and pictures, you know just to show off that they have one and they hardly use it.
Nah, i use mines everyday :D

MJQueen Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 18 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Apr 06, 19:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

O my god i hate people like that their so anoying Multimedia Centers are so much better


Its so sad that people belive in the TABLOIDS because all they do is tell lies
Sherwood Forest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3547 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Apr 06, 19:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i have the refular ipod
and i love it its my baby i dropped it 238749784 times and it never fails me ever.
it doesnt run out of battery easily at all it says that its empty but it will keep going for 2 more hours.
theyre nor over rated but theyre over priced but then again i thought the Queen merchandise was too at the concerts


One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city



http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/essay/1
Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Apr 06, 23:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pieter got me a video iPod for Valentine's day, and I do believe it may be the coolest gift I ever got. I love it..big time.

user name user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1449 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Apr 06, 23:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have no idea what MJQueen Fan is saying half the time, but from what I can understand, it seems obvious that he is ignorantly biased, as he himself does not own an iPod, but rather this "Multimedia Center". If you're happy with your "Multimedia Center," then great. A lot of people are happy with their iPods. You are making up misguided objective excuses for your subjective opinions.


Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
All I Hear Is Radio Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1181 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Apr 06, 03:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Erin wrote:

Pieter got me a video iPod for Valentine's day, and I do believe it may be the coolest gift I ever got. I love it..big time.


I got one for X-mas...I love it...it's so cool...i used to think they were overrated but they sound great


"Take The First Step In Faith, You Don't Have To See The Whole Staircase, Just Take The First Step."
Munchsack user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1770 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Apr 06, 04:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote


I-pods are completely overrated. They try to make them so simplistic with the click-wheel and about five buttons, but it just makes things more complicated. They are not better than other MP3 players, they just look cooler, which is no excuse to buy them. I am a very active non-conformist. I have a 30GB Creative Zen Xtra MP3 Player which does me fine. It is so much easier to use than an I-pod (my sister has avideo one and my mates have Nanos, Minis etc, so I have used them). It cost me £140 over a year ago. If you were to buy a 30 GB I-pod now, it would cost over £200. The only problem with my MP3 is that it is rather chunky. I don't care about that, but folk at school rip the piss out of me for it. Anyway, I-pods are not as good as most people think, it is just part of Apple's attempts to take over the world.
Right, OK, rant over.


This can't end well.
TheOpposition. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 84 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Apr 06, 04:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love my iPod.

Some of people refuse to buy them simply because they don't want to be seen as following the crowd. Which is a bit silly. But if you genuinley prefer one of the other makes, then go for it. Sony brought out a lovely model which it has since stopped making, the hd5 i think it was called, if I didnt have an iPod I would have got that.

And I think the wheel is a work of genius.

The thing about these 'media centers' is that at the moment, most of them are bricks compared to the iPod. And anyway, how often do you want to watch a movie when your on the move? I have my iPod (one of the old black and white ones) for listening to music, and I have no interest in updating it to one of the colour screen ones.

rachael mae. user not visiting Queenzone.com
i am lush
rachael mae.
Royalty: 1489 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Apr 06, 08:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have a Mini, and it's fantastic. I couldn't live without, although the battery wears down a bit too quickly for my liking..

Fraz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1129 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Apr 06, 08:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i have a ipod nano 4gb which holds all music i need.

Freya is quietly judging you. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Meh.
Freya is quietly judging you.
Deity: 5913 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Apr 06, 10:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ipods are a waste of time, I had an ipod mini which broke after about two months, then I got another one which keeps skipping on a lot of songs, crashing and running out of battery after about 1 hour. My opinion is if you want a good mp3 player pay more and get a really good one. My friend has had one for about 4 years it holds about 15,000 songs and it's never let him down. Meh.

iGSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5001 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Apr 06, 10:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've had mine 2 years now. Absolute charm. Would rather different headphones though but these one's do for the time being.

Got extension cord, TQ?


...this kettle is boiling over...

...one dump...one turd...two tits...John Deacon...

...one prawn...one shrimp...one clam...one chicken!
The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Apr 06, 10:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Munchsack wrote:


I-pods are completely overrated. They try to make them so simplistic with the click-wheel and about five buttons, but it just makes things more complicated. They are not better than other MP3 players, they just look cooler, which is no excuse to buy them. I am a very active non-conformist. I have a 30GB Creative Zen Xtra MP3 Player which does me fine. It is so much easier to use than an I-pod (my sister has avideo one and my mates have Nanos, Minis etc, so I have used them). It cost me £140 over a year ago. If you were to buy a 30 GB I-pod now, it would cost over £200. The only problem with my MP3 is that it is rather chunky. I don't care about that, but folk at school rip the piss out of me for it. Anyway, I-pods are not as good as most people think, it is just part of Apple's attempts to take over the world.
Right, OK, rant over.


What a load of bull.:P
Just face it the iPod's are hip because they're good products. Sure it's hyped and way overpriced, but it doesn't make u a conformist if u buy one. They're easy to use and have a good playback quality. I think the video and photo iPod's ARE a waste of money though. I have the Shuffle, 512 MB (approx 120 mp3's), it's the cheapest one and i think it should be enough for anybody. :P


Killed by drones.
Munchsack user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1770 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Apr 06, 11:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color="green">The Fairy King wrote:

Munchsack wrote:


I-pods are completely overrated. They try to make them so simplistic with the click-wheel and about five buttons, but it just makes things more complicated. They are not better than other MP3 players, they just look cooler, which is no excuse to buy them. I am a very active non-conformist. I have a 30GB Creative Zen Xtra MP3 Player which does me fine. It is so much easier to use than an I-pod (my sister has avideo one and my mates have Nanos, Minis etc, so I have used them). It cost me £140 over a year ago. If you were to buy a 30 GB I-pod now, it would cost over £200. The only problem with my MP3 is that it is rather chunky. I don't care about that, but folk at school rip the piss out of me for it. Anyway, I-pods are not as good as most people think, it is just part of Apple's attempts to take over the world.
Right, OK, rant over.


What a load of bull.:P
Just face it the iPod's are hip because they're good products. Sure it's hyped and way overpriced, but it doesn't make u a conformist if u buy one. They're easy to use and have a good playback quality. I think the video and photo iPod's ARE a waste of money though. I have the Shuffle, 512 MB (approx 120 mp3's), it's the cheapest one and i think it should be enough for anybody. :P


No, iPods are shite. End of story.


This can't end well.
TheOpposition. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 84 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Apr 06, 12:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Why listen to lossy audio when you have lossless cd's?"

- convenience. Portable CD players are bulky things. And they also skip sometimes. And in the majority of places where you listen to things like iPods most people aren't too worried about a tiny drop in quality that probably wont be noticed in those situations anyway.

wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Apr 06, 13:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have a Creative Zen 1GB, which is about 240 songs, and that last me like a whole week at work, it's good enough, through I would love to have a 30 GB or 60 GB but I'll wait, I'm sure the price will go down soon as you figure they are gonna add a 90 and 120 gb soon.


MY GOD spell it write.
Dr. Linus Bonner user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 44 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Apr 06, 19:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color=teal>Sasha wrote:

Alex Solan wrote:

ilo rulez buggers.


*high fives Alex*
Indeed! Give me my little ilo 2GB mp3. I love it.


MP3 players are evil and sexy tools.


Let me check you.
Shay user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 315 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Apr 06, 19:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I got a 60GB Photo iPod last year. It's the best $300 I've ever spent. I don't think I've had more than 5 CDs in my CD player since I bought it.