Forums > Queen - General Discussion > What do you, honestly, think of QueenZone?

forum rss feed
Author

MrOrange user not visiting Queenzone.com

add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Apr 06, 13:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was just wondering. I've been a member here for quiet a long time (with different usernames) and I just wonder what people really think of the site. And I don't mean: "OMG OMG OMG, I LOOOOOOVE QUEENZONE!!!" or "QueenZone sucks ass!". I mean what do you think of it? Why? What should be changed? What's good, what's bad? Please, share, people :)

My honest opinion is this:
Obviously there's a lot of crap, spammers, and often people are just not friendly, often shit, you know, people fight over small things. I think there should be moderators who could BAN some users, they could have the power to lock threads if they already exist or are mean. They could take away messages.
And I don't like the way you can edit someone else's post, because then you never know who writes what.
What I like about Queenzone is that it's kinda like a chatroom, and you can talk casual with each others. I like that it's easy to become a member, and that you can start a topic on nearly anything, and people will read it, and you will be able to talk about it.

So, what your opinion??

If Im not back in five minutes...just wait longer
flash! 28068 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2995 posts

Posted: 03 Apr 06, 13:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I like it but i do agree with your idea of moderators.
We need them to maintain Queenzone's environment to keep it free from verrrrrrryyyyy annoying spammers, etc.
Various threads from spammers have become a growing nuisance and their rude accusations must be stopped with measures such as banning.

"It’s not often we play in daylight, and I fucking well wish we did before, I can see you all now. And there are some beauties here tonight, I can tell you!" ;)
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 03 Apr 06, 14:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i think QZ would be a million times better without cretinous threads like this one

go deo na hÉireann
Suigi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 856 posts

Posted: 03 Apr 06, 14:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Too much Vivival, not enough Face It Alone.
That's my humble opining.

HE ROCKS US STILL.

Proud Supporter of the Queen Lives Compilation
bohemian_queer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 362 posts

Posted: 03 Apr 06, 18:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color="red">Peter Cetera</b> wrote:

What I absolutely hate about Queenzone is, that some users call others "idiots" because they only have a different opinion or taste - like: if someone prefers a special album, he/she is bashed instantly by some.
I`m not enthusiastic about Queen+PR, but I would never call someone an idiot, who loved the tour. It´s the wrong address anyway. If someone doesn`t like an album / tour, he/she should critisize the band and not other fans.

Another thing I hate is, that you seldom get a chance for a really serious discussion. Some people just come out with phrases like "Hot Space is shit", instead of bringing forward some good arguments to defend their opinion.

I completely concur. Ignorant people like that need to think before they speak. And I also like the idea of moderators as well. :)

That time will come, one day you'll see, when we can all be friends...
david (galashiels) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2020 posts

Posted: 03 Apr 06, 19:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

of all the sites i have came across i think this is one of the better ones,and no im not a ,,,,,,,,,o i love queen and i wana have freddies children,im just a normal queen fan who enjoys the musical geniuses that were queen,,queen zone is a good site for updating information and future events queen are planning..i know some of your old regulars seem to have the finger on the pulses of whats going on in the real world of queen,the band,,i feel that some of the comments that some people make could be a bit more refind,for example do they need to swear so much im sure that there are kids loged on to this site,but thats just a private observation,,,,,,queenzone deserves a lot of credit for bringing the music that we all want,and keeping the music alive,as for queen+.i was against it untill i downloaded saltama,and i must say it was very good,,not as many high notes but good all the same,,,,,so what do i honestly think,,,,,,,,,,,,,good site good music,,9 out of 10,why just 9,well if you find a complete queen album with mr mercury on it unreleased then its a 10 lol,i am your honest slave from scotland,and thank you

david (galashiels) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2020 posts

Posted: 03 Apr 06, 19:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

o and ps,please dont slag me of for giving my oppinion,or my spelling,this is after half a bottle of grouse lol

FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 03 Apr 06, 19:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It used to be fun here... Back in odd nineteen diggety twelve.

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
blerp user not visiting Queenzone.com
blerp
Deity: 2438 posts

Posted: 03 Apr 06, 20:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think it's all right here...There could be a little more mediating to lessen the mindless bickering, but mainly people are doing that because they're sitting behind a computer screen, thinking they can say anything they want to anyone and are therefore invincible, because they aren't face to face with the person they're slagging off.

I'm so pissed I could spit.
Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 04 Apr 06, 02:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh dear. MrOrange and Mr.Snow. What Mr. will be next??? *rolls eyes*

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

RETROLOVE user not visiting Queenzone.com
RETROLOVE
Deity: 2522 posts

Posted: 04 Apr 06, 02:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I like Queenzone...

I think its funny in here...I love the dry sarcastic comments that people make, and I like the stories that people make up about Queen(Fyi, the egg story, etc), its too funny...overall, I loved discovering their music, its been great. Plus, I like looking at the pictures, and chatting with other queenzoners, its fun...

But most importantly, I love the music!!!

Loving the pass, cherishing the present, and looking forward to the future

Munchsack user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1770 posts

Posted: 04 Apr 06, 06:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ich finde das Queenzone ist, im Grossen und Ganzen, sehr gut.

This can't end well.
MrOrange user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 04 Apr 06, 06:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=blue>Rick wrote:

Oh dear. MrOrange and Mr.Snow. What Mr. will be next??? *rolls eyes*

Ever seen Reservoir dogs? It's my favourite movie, therefor my name.

If Im not back in five minutes...just wait longer
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 04 Apr 06, 07:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There are few (and i mean FEW) posters who save this board... It's harder and harder to find interesting discussions nowadays IMO... Many things changed after torrents came along... Some of them for worse, some of them for better...

Posted: 04 Apr 06, 10:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Munchsack wrote:

Ich finde das Queenzone ist, im Grossen und Ganzen, sehr gut.

Ja aber Moderatoren seien Sie für die Arschlöcher, mein liebes erforderlich!

"It’s not often we play in daylight, and I fucking well wish we did before, I can see you all now. And there are some beauties here tonight, I can tell you!" ;)
radio_what's_new user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 542 posts

Posted: 04 Apr 06, 10:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queenzone is a addiction I look at the site everyday....
I think queenzone does what the official site should do..
on the other hand there are a lot of people on here that really don't know a thing about queen. That's not too bad but it's annoying when a lot of 'new'fans are behaving childish

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 04 Apr 06, 10:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love Queenzone because if this site did not exist then I would have never met Erin :-)))

Posted: 04 Apr 06, 10:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PieterMC wrote:

I love Queenzone because if this site did not exist then I would have never met Erin :-)))

I agree.
Although there are spammers... it's also a place where you meet some absolute darlings, i can tell you!

The Freddie Bigotes user not visiting Queenzone.com

Posted: 04 Apr 06, 11:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Esta Chingona la página pero hay mucha gente muy MAMONA Y SANGRONA que se cree saber todo de QUEEN y te contestan los post muy estupidamente, pero tambien hay gente COOL¡ Buena onda y alivianada...

Saludos a todos QueenZoners ¡¡¡¡

Cheers to everybody Queenzoner¡¡¡

The Page it`s great ¡¡¡

I like Queen a Lot¡¡¡
Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 04 Apr 06, 12:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PieterMC wrote:

Awwwwww...;-)