forum rss feed
Author

Atomic Dog user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 46 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Apr 06, 03:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

WOW! WOW! WOW!

They kicked F-ing Ass tonight.
I went to the San Diego Show which I thought was the best of the 6 shows I saw this year, but this one was over the top.

First off the crowd was on their feet from floor to rafters most of the night. They got Brian and Paul pumped from the very first minutes, and it showed in how Brian responded. Brian was laughing, smiling, joking, and extending leads and dancing around like no other night I have seen. Brian kept looking up to the top seats and was blown away that they all stood up and cheered with out end. WOW AGAIN is all I can say.

Paul Rodgers really knew this was a special night, and kept looking back at Brian as if saying, "can you believe this tonight". Each song just got stronger, and you could see the confidence grow. And still the crowd would not stop pushing for more. I can not believe this was an American audience.

The real shocker was seeing 60 to 70% of the audience claping in time to Radio Ga Ga. NO SHIT! These Americans must have taken their get off your ass pills. It was great!!!!

The highlight again for me was Dragon Attack.
Sorry to say to all the old die hards this song came off better then any of the times I saw Freddie do it, but Freddie would have been proud.

Take Love was very good tonight, as was the best guitar solo so far. I could go until muy fingers are numb, but I will check in in Tuesday to give more thoughts.

Lastly, if you have not gone to any of the shows, get off the old butt, charge up the cards, and go to any city that is left.

Cheers and see you in LV at the MGM.

Atomic Dog user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 46 posts

Posted: 04 Apr 06, 03:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Last thought!

I can not believe how many women, as they walked out of the show said "Paul is Fricking Hot"

CHEERS

All I Hear Is Radio Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1181 posts

Posted: 04 Apr 06, 03:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

All i can say is I'm absolutely speechless...that was amazing...i can't even describe it... I had a sign that said "I LOVE YOU ROGER!" and at the end I held it up and he pointed at me and said "I love you"

I about died....lol it was great...

Awesome show...I am still in awe...i can't believe that just happened...

They sounded stronger than ever and my god were they loud!

Oh yea Taylor Hawkins made an appearance on stage and gave Brian Red Special...I got a picture I'll upload them tomorrow...

Cheers
Heather

"Take The First Step In Faith, You Don't Have To See The Whole Staircase, Just Take The First Step."
Jeff Silveira user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 62 posts

Posted: 04 Apr 06, 03:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

how many people where there?

I'll be in san jose on wed....

saw them in pittsburgh and in hollywood.....

cant wait to see this...

goinback user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 997 posts

Posted: 04 Apr 06, 05:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OMG OMG OMG I got in the front row (even though I had 5th row tix)! And I met Brian afterwards while he was leaving! And he gave me an autograph! And I told him I saw him back in '80 when I was 7 years old and he said "Put er' there!" and shook my hand! :)

Then Paul's car drove by and I got his autograph too!

OMG OMG OMG

Oh yeah the show was great too :) Full version of Dragon Attack! Not even cut short like on the WWRY DVD. Brian even let the crowd sing a lot of "Love Of My Life".

I got a couple bad cell phone pix of Brian by his car too.

"I have no time for Time magazine. Or Rolling Stone." Jethro Tull
Under Pressure user not visiting Queenzone.com
Under Pressure
Bohemian: 989 posts

Posted: 04 Apr 06, 05:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I saw them in Paris and at the Hollywood Bowl ... they were absolutely at the top of their game tonight, hands down. When all those cell phones came out, I got chills.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/31325191/

"I always knew I was a star. And now, the rest of the world seems to agree with me." - FM
goinback user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 997 posts

Posted: 04 Apr 06, 05:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've never seen so many cell phones...and they were all waving around so happily :) It was a great moment.

I like having The Show Must Go On *before* Bo Rhap...not sure why it took them so long to move it actually! Everyone's excited by the end of Bo Rhap so I didn't understand why they were playing a slow number after that before...they kept the momentum going through the rest of the show this way....

"I have no time for Time magazine. Or Rolling Stone." Jethro Tull
Ms. Bea Haven user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 326 posts

Posted: 04 Apr 06, 09:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There were tons of cell phones waving at the Philly show (seems like it was eons ago), too - but that's because nobody smokes any more. I remember the candlelight effect - now replaced by electronics...

DAMN I wish I had made arrangements to catch the end of the tour somewhere. (I'm kicking myself harder and harder EVERY F*CKING DAY...)

Donna13 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1683 posts

Posted: 04 Apr 06, 10:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

goinback wrote:

And I met Brian afterwards while he was leaving! And he gave me an autograph! And I told him I saw him back in '80 when I was 7 years old and he said "Put er' there!" and shook my hand! :)

Then Paul's car drove by and I got his autograph too!

Wow! I know you will remember this for the rest of your life as a big highlight.

rockyracoon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 173 posts

Posted: 04 Apr 06, 10:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I saw the show in San Diego on Saturday night, which was fabulous.

But I can be such a dumb ass. WHY DIDN'T I DRIVE UP TO ANAHEIM FOR LAST NIGHT'S GIG? I tried to justify it on the basis that I have seen Queen on five different occasions, but now I regret not going for a sixth.

Anyway, I'm really glad to hear the show was a great success. Given the success of the two shows here in southern California, maybe Queen will finally start to gain a lot more attention in the U.S. Who knows, this may be the beginning of a tsunami of American affection and respect for Queen.

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 04 Apr 06, 10:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

All I Hear Is Radio Gaga wrote:

Oh yea Taylor Hawkins made an appearance on stage and gave Brian Red Special...I got a picture I'll upload them tomorrow...

I'd love to see that photo. I read on QOL that Brian said QPR was going to be doing something with the Foo Fighters.

Posted: 04 Apr 06, 10:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rocky Racoon wrote: "Given the success of the two shows here in southern California, maybe Queen will finally start to gain a lot more attention in the U.S. Who knows, this may be the beginning of a tsunami of American affection and respect for Queen."

I wouldn't be surprised. Lots of music industry people are centered in the LA area (is this not correct?) and so their exposure level was huge for these two shows. And wouldn't some Disney / Hollywood records executives have been at the concert? I'm also hoping that whoever is in charge of programming for radio and TV took note. I would like to see more media exposure for Queen in the USA.

PieterMC

Posted: 04 Apr 06, 10:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well tune in to American Idol on the 11th. They are away to get big exposure :-)

Posted: 04 Apr 06, 11:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Donna13, you're exactly right, and precisely for the reasons you mentioned. It also doesn't hurt when the Q+PR show gets great reviews from the local media, as it did in San Diego. The quality of Queen's MUSIC (in addition to performance) is now getting rave reviews, being described as majestic, complex, and anthemic. Even Freddie is finally being described as having been a great singer.

The media are also warming up to Paul Rodgers, something they were never able to do 25 years ago with Freddie (for a variety of homophobic and other shallow reasons, such as excessive glitz, etc.). While I wish mainstream America had been able to recognize the magnificence of Queen in their prime, I'm really happy to see them coming around, even if belatedly.

Posted: 04 Apr 06, 11:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PieterMC wrote:

Well tune in to American Idol on the 11th. They are away to get big exposure :-)

Thanks. I had no idea.

PieterMC

Posted: 04 Apr 06, 11:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Posted: 04 Apr 06, 12:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pieter, that's a great photo of Queen with the American Idol contestants. Thanks for posting it.

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 04 Apr 06, 12:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Uhh...why exactly are you surprised that they got to meet them?

Jjeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4781 posts