Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Queen+PR on American Idol

forum rss feed
Author

mr. stagger lee user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 68 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Apr 06, 22:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Don't know if I'm the first to post on this...

But as was announced, there will be a Queen night on American Idol next Tuesday.

How much are people willing to bet that the band will be making a surprise appearance on the Vote-results show.

What makes me wonder is...

a) April 12th is an off-day (no concert on the QPR tour.

b) The news says the show will be a special ONE HOUR long episode where the final 8 will be performing a QUEEN medley.

c) Brian is hinting at something on his Soapbox.

roxxanne61 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 143 posts

Posted: 05 Apr 06, 22:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yup he is i just read it
said to watch our tellys

The Stealer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 738 posts

Posted: 05 Apr 06, 23:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

roxxanne61 wrote:

yup he is i just read it
said to watch our tellys

I'm sorry- too little too late they should have done this a few weeks ago. Personally I can't stand AI... never watch it. Funny- Roger especially has been not that supportive of Idol in the past..Gack

Geisha Minah user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 4 posts

Posted: 06 Apr 06, 00:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They took shot at Anaheim, Arrowhead Pond befor the show. for this they fly from San Diego after the show and landed L.A. stayed in Santa Monica Hotel and came to Pond 11am that morning!
Yes. they played!! So Don't miss it next Tuesday!!

CharlieG user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 56 posts

Posted: 06 Apr 06, 08:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Supposedly, they ran a teaser last night.

The whole band didn't fly to LAX right after the San Diego gig - Danny drove up from San Diego with us, and we spent the day at a couple of our favorite pubs and our favorite sushi bar in SoCal.

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 06 Apr 06, 08:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The teaser showed the band rehearsing with the AI contestants on stage. No idea what they sounded like as they played the studio version of WWRY during the clip.

Donna13 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1683 posts

Posted: 06 Apr 06, 10:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Posted: 06 Apr 06, 10:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lately, for those of you who don't watch, they have been having experts coach the singers each week: Stevie Wonder, Barry Manilow, Kenny Rogers.

So, Brian and Roger will be the "rock experts" - coaching and giving advice to the contestants. This is like hitting the lottery for those poor kids in my opinion. Last night Mandissa - the power gospel singer - was voted off. She would have been able to tackle a more difficult song such as Bo. Rhap. or Somebody to Love. I think that now Chris - the rock singer - will steal the show and put himself in the lead.

fredhartman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 20 posts

Posted: 06 Apr 06, 10:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well it wouldn't be a surprise since the AI website, and this website both say Queen will be performing on the results show.

Mr Faron Hyte user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 565 posts

Posted: 06 Apr 06, 11:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Donna13 wrote:

So, Brian and Roger will be the "rock experts" - coaching and giving advice to the contestants.

I think that part of the show will be hilarious - not so much for Brian, who I'm sure will become overly involved in trying to coach them and will probably volunteer to produce all their albums, but because of Roger, who I'm sure will be miserable having to make nice and not say what he really thinks about a lot of the performers, which was probably "you guys really suck" - lol

Hankster user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 469 posts

Posted: 06 Apr 06, 11:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queenonline.com allready stated that the 8 finalists performed with QPR @ American Idol. Next Tuesday it will be shown on TV.

I guess it's Rock You and Champions at the end of the show, with the 8 finalists as backgroundsingers :|

Posted: 06 Apr 06, 14:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr Faron Hyte wrote:

Donna13 wrote:

So, Brian and Roger will be the "rock experts" - coaching and giving advice to the contestants.

I think that part of the show will be hilarious - not so much for Brian, who I'm sure will become overly involved in trying to coach them and will probably volunteer to produce all their albums, but because of Roger, who I'm sure will be miserable having to make nice and not say what he really thinks about a lot of the performers, which was probably "you guys really suck" - lol

I agree. Roger is just too cool. But I think he will enjoy being on TV in front of - (what?) 30 million or so viewers. Anyway, both of them do have some experience lately with young hopefuls - with the casting of all their productions of WWRY. So, Roger might be better with this exercise in patience than most of us would think. I'm so looking forward to it.

it was electric7 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 709 posts

Posted: 06 Apr 06, 15:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Those American Idol contestants are so fucking lucky

alyssa user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 115 posts

Posted: 06 Apr 06, 15:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yes, they are very very very lucky. extremely lucky and that's only because they get to meet Brian and Roger i think i'd have a heart attack

alyssa user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 115 posts

Posted: 06 Apr 06, 15:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

a sheer heart attack ;)..

PlanetMercury15 user not visiting Queenzone.com
PlanetMercury15
Bohemian: 202 posts

Posted: 06 Apr 06, 17:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, the contestants are extremely lucky, but also I'm going to laugh the entire time watching the idols try to sing Freddie Mercury!

"This is not cheap meat you're looking at!"

"One shrimp, one frog, one clam, one chicken!"

- Freddie Mercury
PlanetMercury15 user not visiting Queenzone.com
PlanetMercury15
Bohemian: 202 posts

Posted: 06 Apr 06, 17:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And also Freddie's ashes will probably explode having to hear those idols trying to imitate his beautiful voice which no one will ever do oh this episode is going to be downright hilarious

"This is not cheap meat you're looking at!"

"One shrimp, one frog, one clam, one chicken!"

- Freddie Mercury
DreaminQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1382 posts

Posted: 06 Apr 06, 17:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

it was electric7 wrote:

Those American Idol contestants are so fucking lucky

HOLY SHIT, YES THEY ARE!!!
i was freaking out...
i was like omg... Taylor Hicks met QUEEN...
then i was like id give my right arm to meet them!!! :-P

Really? Roge's like that?? hmmm didnt know... i heard he didnt like tribute bands and what not...

aaahhhh! id die if i could perform with them! Id be happy with just a hug...
and those lucky contestants GOT TO DO BOTH!!!
grrrrrrrggggg....

Ive been watchin that show since season 1... and i saw the teaser last night... i nearly died!!!! My mom kept tellin me to calm down... lol
i was like NO!

Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 07 Apr 06, 00:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wonder how Simon will act and if he and Brian will butt heads. I'd be willing to be though that Simon has a great amount of respect for Brian and Roger. Roger and Simon will probably go out and get hammered after the show!!

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

Posted: 07 Apr 06, 03:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have now TIVO'd everything to do with American Idol. I saw Mandisa (the gospel singer who got voted off this week) interviewed on "Idol Extra", which is a behind the scenes show on Fox's "Reality" channel. Idol Extra picks up right where the show leaves off on performance nights and they go backstage for interviews.

Mandisa said she had practiced Who Wants To Live Forever, but now she won't get to sing it. When asked if she was a Queen fan, she said, "Now I am."

They also interviewed the show's voice coach. She said the contestants had worked with Queen and Paul Rodgers. She said the greatest challenge with the Queen music was that the contestants were hyperventilating due to excitement (I don't know if she meant all the time or just while around Queen and Paul Rodgers). When asked if the contestants would get to perform with Queen on the show, she said that she wasn't telling. We would have to tune in to find out.

Randy Jackson (one of the judges) was also asked about the Queen music. He said it would be hard to sing and that he was wondering who was going to do Bo. Rhap.