Forums > Personal > When Guns N Roses go into the RnR Hall of Fame

forum rss feed
Author

greaserkat user not visiting Queenzone.com
greaserkat
Bohemian: 678 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Apr 06, 20:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

When GnR get inducted into the RnR hall of fame, will the original band members, including Steven Adler and Izzy Stradlin, be inducted along with Axl, SLash and Duff, or will it be Guns n Roses from '91 till their break up?

Darling, Im not going to be a rockstar, Im going to be a LEGEND!!
mystic_rhythms user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 448 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 06, 13:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That is a good question. I think they would want the original group members (Izzy, Duff, Axl, Slash, and Steven) to accept the award, but I doubt any of them want to be on the same stage as Axl Rose, be it for an award or performance.

It's simple: Axl fucked up big time and lost the respect of all the other band members. Slash even said it on Behind The Music: they will never get back together, 'no matter how much money they shove in our face'.

So, if (or when) they get inducted, don't expect a performance. Hell, you probably shouldn't expect the original band members to all be there.

We can only grow the way the wind blows

On a bare and weathered shore

We can only bow to the here and now

In our elemental war

- Rush, "The Way The Wind Blows"
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 06, 14:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I thought the same thing about putting Dave Gilmour and Roger Waters together again. I never thought of it possible even for a single song performance.

...and then Live 8 happened.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 06, 15:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

I thought the same thing about putting Dave Gilmour and Roger Waters together again. I never thought of it possible even for a single song performance.

...and then Live 8 happened.

Exactly. Never say never.

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel
Mr Faron Hyte user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 565 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 06, 16:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What's the rule on first-time eligability? I think its something like 25 years after their first release, but I can't say I remember exactly. If that's right, then would be be 25 years after the release of Appetitie for Destruction? that came out in '87 right?

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 06, 18:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Metallica will be elligible in 2 years.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Shay user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 315 posts

Posted: 08 Apr 06, 19:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

Metallica will be elligible in 2 years.

...Which also brings up the question of whether Dave Mustaine or Jason Newsted will be invited.