Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Queen have turned into a joke!

forum rss feed
Author

mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2770 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Apr 06, 01:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

After such crap like the musical and ruining we are the champions with robbie, queen have officially become a joke. The news that queen have decided to perform on AI is the last straw for this queen fan, I no longer will support these two old geezers. John Deacon is easily the smartest of the surviving members, Thank you john, thank you for keeping it real!...Freddie is turning in his grave!

jordanjo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 82 posts

Posted: 10 Apr 06, 02:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree! They should be ashamed of themselves! They are holding onto something thats not there anymore. Brian and Roger= NOT QUEEN. QUEEN IS O.V.E.R.

First the crap with Robbie, then the replacement of FREDDIE MERCURY, then their crappy unsuccessful tour, now AI?
Brian and Roger: do us all a favor, RETIRE YOU OLD FOOLS! (or start a new band)
I have lost faith in them after they decided to replace Freddie with some one-hit wonder (paul)

Atleast John has some respect for Freddie, he didnt want to continue without him. Thank you John!

NO QUEEN WITHOUT FREDDIE MERCURY

All I Hear Is Radio Gaga user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1181 posts

Posted: 10 Apr 06, 02:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*yawn*

"Take The First Step In Faith, You Don't Have To See The Whole Staircase, Just Take The First Step."
mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2770 posts

Posted: 10 Apr 06, 02:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't know why they couldn't just start a new band, like slash did with velvet revolver. Brian say "we don't want to live in the past" that's bull, that's exactly what their doing. I despise AI, and now queen are performing on this horrible show.

A Winters Tale user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts

Posted: 10 Apr 06, 02:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

that's fuck. and i agree with "all i hear is radio gaga"'s *yawn*

Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 10 Apr 06, 04:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

jordanjo wrote:

Atleast John has some respect for Freddie, he didnt want to continue without him. Thank you John!

Do you (you in particular and everybody who supports their view with John) realise that you make John look like a moron? Or an idiot?
Imagine- you retire because you can't stand what two of your friends do with your beloved band. They go around and say how much you support it- when in reality you hate it. Would you just sit quiet or would you just get really pissed off at taht point and tell everybody what a bunch of bullshit this is?
John either DOESN'T CARE AT ALLL about Queen or SUPPORTS THE WHOLE THING. Otherwise he would have spoken. OR- as you all imply- he's an idiot...

chefman5150 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 290 posts

Posted: 10 Apr 06, 05:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No Queen have not turned into a joke. And this subject is obviously coming from some idiot who has not gone to see the shows...the only reason they are doing the AI thing is for publicity...what the fuck do you think they did on Top of the Pops in Britain back in the 70's dumbass?? Even Roger said it was a crap show, but it got them on TV and gave them publicity. That's what they're doing now. They're musicians, and they have just as much right to use the Queen name as any one of them in the band. If you don't support what the band is doing, then go quietly in the night and leave these boards for people who DO support the band in their efforts. It's people like you who make Queen not want to tour again, dammit!

Ain't Much I'm Asking...If You Want the Truth...
« Jay » user not visiting Queenzone.com
« Jay »
Bohemian: 843 posts

Posted: 10 Apr 06, 06:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

chefman5150 wrote:

No Queen have not turned into a joke. And this subject is obviously coming from some idiot who has not gone to see the shows...the only reason they are doing the AI thing is for publicity...what the fuck do you think they did on Top of the Pops in Britain back in the 70's dumbass?? Even Roger said it was a crap show, but it got them on TV and gave them publicity. That's what they're doing now. They're musicians, and they have just as much right to use the Queen name as any one of them in the band. If you don't support what the band is doing, then go quietly in the night and leave these boards for people who DO support the band in their efforts. It's people like you who make Queen not want to tour again, dammit!

Very well said sir.

rosedewitt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 525 posts

Posted: 10 Apr 06, 06:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

you are right, queen has really turned into a joke. and that's so sad, cos it was a really good band, but we see that without freddie queen is not queen, it's just nothing. i think it's silly of brian and roger to continue with queen, when they want to tour they should change their bands' name.

the only reason i would understand the behaviour of brian and roger is that freddie sang "the show must go on", - and probably they take that too literal...

RETROLOVE user not visiting Queenzone.com
RETROLOVE
Deity: 2522 posts

Posted: 10 Apr 06, 06:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

chefman5150 wrote:

Preach on Brotha!!!!

Loving the pass, cherishing the present, and looking forward to the future

its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts

Posted: 10 Apr 06, 08:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

All I Hear Is Radio Gaga wrote:

*yawn*

Can i like yawn with you too please?

Poo, again user not visiting Queenzone.com
Poo, again
Deity: 4776 posts

Posted: 10 Apr 06, 08:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="#FF00CC">its_a_hard_life wrote:

*yawn*

No, it's strictly for 'cool' people.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Jake? wrote: I want him to shove it down my throat and shoot. Shoot! Shoot! C'mon! SHOOT! SHOOT!

[/QUOTENAME]

[/QUOTE]

Haystacks Calhoun user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1550 posts

Posted: 10 Apr 06, 09:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

"Not a fan of the ladies, are you Trebek?"

Sean Connery
its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts

Posted: 10 Apr 06, 09:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Millionaire Waltz wrote:

<font color="#FF00CC">its_a_hard_life wrote:

*yawn*

No, it's strictly for 'cool' people.

You saying i ant 'cool' enough to yawn now? haha

Canadian May Fan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 106 posts

Posted: 10 Apr 06, 09:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh, I really wish these childish, self-important twats would give it a rest! Just because Freddie is dead does not mean that Queen is as well. Granted, it will never be the same, but that doesn't mean it's bad.

Judging by the DVD of the tour, this band still has a lot of time and power with them. Perhaps they just need to find a more open-minded and mature audience then some of the people on this site.

"I'll top the bill, I'll overkill, I've got to find the will to carry on... The show must go on."
« Jay » user not visiting Queenzone.com
« Jay »
Bohemian: 843 posts

Posted: 10 Apr 06, 09:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm glad Queen is still here or else I would never have seen them live.
It's just a shame that you have to defend yourself as a Queen fan to others in a Queen FAN community...

Oszmercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 229 posts

Posted: 10 Apr 06, 10:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen is usin the new media, they are turnin modern, they did it in the 70's, it's normal, they are tryin to take their music to new audiences, it's normal, they're doin only this in the states, common', you know that bands like floyd, the who don't need to make this kind of publicity, Queen had a different luck back in the 80's.

that's survival

Loser in the end!!!
queenlegends user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 75 posts

Posted: 10 Apr 06, 10:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Iv heard somewere that queen will be doing a few shows with lulu as paul has booked a few weeks holiday. lol

Love Kills, drills you through you're Heart, Love Kills, Tears you right apart..
bitesthedust user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3242 posts

Posted: 10 Apr 06, 11:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Everyone is entitled to their view on this, and I personally share some of the views of the original poster.

Whether they appear on American Idol is irrelevant to me, though.

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 10 Apr 06, 11:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fenderek, so do you support what they're gonna play on A.I. or not?