Forums > Queen - General Discussion > I'M SOOO PISSED! HE SHOULD HAVE GONE HOME!!

forum rss feed
Author

DreaminQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1382 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Apr 06, 21:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OK for those of you who caught AMERICAN IDOL last night, who else thought Ace should have gone home?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HE WANTED BRI AND ROGER TO CHANGE FREAKIN WWRY TO A MORE "URBAN" FEEL! AND TOTALLY REARRANGE THE SONG!!! And Bri told him 2x's no, i cant do that to our song...
YOU DONT GO UP TO A FLIPPIN ROCK LEGEND AND SAY, HEY DUDE, CHANGE URE SONG SO I CAN SING IT!!!
You can make adjustments yes, but dont bastardize the song!!!!
Thats like going up to a duck and telling it not to swim in water or asking Picasso to paint in realism!!!

GO BRI FOR STICKIN IT TO HIM TELLIN HIM NO!
AND HIS ASS SHOULD HAVE GONE HOME FOR THAT!!!

Ok, anyone else agree?? I'm sorry to you Ace fans out there ,but man, i was dying during his whole performance..... even my mother and brother thought he sucked ass....

geck014 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 17 posts

Posted: 12 Apr 06, 22:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Calm yourself...

It's just a show... lol

Sergei. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Impresario, still
Sergei.
Deity: 4682 posts

Posted: 12 Apr 06, 22:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ACE should have gone home, yes, I totally agree, and Brian was very generous to not have him do all of those other arrangements he was speaking of because god knows what would have happened then.

Back whenever
That guy who digs energy domes user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5020 posts

Posted: 12 Apr 06, 22:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You're right

leave the song as is, it is a hit in its own right and does not need any changing

Freedom of choice is what you've got

Freedom from choice is what you want

http://queen4ever.19.forumer.com/index.php

Posted: 12 Apr 06, 22:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

geck014 wrote:

Calm yourself...

It's just a show... lol

i know lol, i am now, but c'mon dear, how big of an ass do you have to be to do that?? O hey, Mr. Supermega rockstar, can you bychance alter one of your biggest hits ever for me??? Thanks!

Ok, glad im not the only one who feels this way.... lol im better now, but if anyone else wants to vent, feel free!

geck014 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 17 posts

Posted: 12 Apr 06, 22:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LOL... Yeah

Brian makes me laugh.

Sergei. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Impresario, still
Sergei.
Deity: 4682 posts

Posted: 12 Apr 06, 22:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I know Brian wasn't trying to be funny or anything but I cracked up when he said very matter-of-factly:
"I don't think we'll do your arrangement,"
and then:
"No, I don't think so,"
and the classic:
"I don't feel comfortable doing that to my own song."
Those were the highlights of the show! And of course Simon's "That was ridiculous!" to taylor and "I really hated it!" To ace.
Lol Roger didn't say much last night; he's a man of few words, I guess.

Back whenever
zone user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 261 posts

Posted: 12 Apr 06, 22:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What do you expect from these guys? they're more at home singing Lionel Ritchie songs.Did you really think they could pull off doing Queen?Some of the best singers in the world have had a heard time with those songs.And about him wanting to change We will rock you that just shows you the ignorance this guy has about the music.

bohemianrhap84 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 217 posts

Posted: 12 Apr 06, 23:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I completely agree. Ace should be gone. Bucky was way better than him last night. Ace sucks!!!!

How can I go on from day to day? Who can make me strong in every way?
Sapara user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 06, 04:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think the guy who went home should have been the guy who went home. I really freaked out when he started singing, because it was just so bad, and just an aweful way to start the show, so I thought it would just get worse. My best friend, who I was watching it with, actually got a little worried about me, because I just kept hitting myself and yelling to work through how embarassingly awful it was (I'm not crazy, I'm emotional).

Yeah, the Ace guy sucked, but at least him being a prissy showboy who had to have his way gave some of us giggles. I mean, up until that I thought maybe Roger and Brian were really into the whole AI thing, and I was really confused, but then my friend and I just laughed at how vehemently Brian defended the song from Ace.

"I can't do that to my own song".

I mean, Brian's nice. You could tell he kind of hated it, and it was just a bit funny to see him try to be polite about turning the guy down for the song arrangement. One of the actual highlights of the whole night for me was how Roger and Brian weren't really alot of the AI thing. "They were really... brave." and then Brian saying he thought someone was good and Roger just asking "Really?". I think that's why Roger didn't say much. Y'know "If you don't have anything nice to say..."

The actual highlight of the night was the Blonde southerner hugging Paul Rogers, because you just KNOW she was stupid enough to actually think he was a member of Queen.

Anyway, those are my thoughts(Put them in the AI comments thread? Pshaw!), just accept that Ace will probably get elliminated soon anyway, as I don't think he's really finalist material. You should also be just as pissed off at those people who changed their songs, too. That's kind of mean to do to Queen.

mayniac316 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1291 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 06, 10:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Know what?? I actually can't stand American Idol. I am proud to say that I have never watched it before until I heard it was gonna have Queen. Honestly, I taped it just to fastforward to all the parts that had wonderful, dear, sweet Brian. lol. I don't want to hear people wrecking the songs that I love so much.

mayniac316 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1291 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 06, 10:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

DreaminQueen wrote:

OK for those of you who caught AMERICAN IDOL last night, who else thought Ace should have gone home?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HE WANTED BRI AND ROGER TO CHANGE FREAKIN WWRY TO A MORE "URBAN" FEEL! AND TOTALLY REARRANGE THE SONG!!! And Bri told him 2x's no, i cant do that to our song...
YOU DONT GO UP TO A FLIPPIN ROCK LEGEND AND SAY, HEY DUDE, CHANGE URE SONG SO I CAN SING IT!!!
You can make adjustments yes, but dont bastardize the song!!!!
Thats like going up to a duck and telling it not to swim in water or asking Picasso to paint in realism!!!

GO BRI FOR STICKIN IT TO HIM TELLIN HIM NO!
AND HIS ASS SHOULD HAVE GONE HOME FOR THAT!!!

Ok, anyone else agree?? I'm sorry to you Ace fans out there ,but man, i was dying during his whole performance..... even my mother and brother thought he sucked ass....

I totally agree. Everyone knows that Brian is a really nice guy, and I think a lot of people, not just him, take advantage of his kindness and generosity to get something for themselves, instead of appreciating the things he already does out of the kindness of his heart. Poor Brian... :( What asshole would ask a question like that anyway!!?!?!?!

Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 06, 10:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian explains in his latest soapbox message that the editing messes with what really happened. Read it and understand that Brian himself came up with some elements.

http://www.brianmay.com/brian/brianssb/brianssb.html

Peace,
Adam.

zone user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 261 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 06, 10:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sapara--- The actual highlight of the night was the Blonde southerner hugging Paul Rogers, because you just KNOW she was stupid enough to actually think he was a member of Queen.

I was thinking she must really like Paul Rodgers but you're right .I think she thought that was Freddie Mercury.

Ms. Bea Haven user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 326 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 06, 11:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mayniac316 said:

"I totally agree. Everyone knows that Brian is a really nice guy, and I think a lot of people, not just him, take advantage of his kindness and generosity to get something for themselves, instead of appreciating the things he already does out of the kindness of his heart."

THIS IS SO TRUE. Excellent.

Posted: 13 Apr 06, 11:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam Baboolal wrote:

Brian explains in his latest soapbox message that the editing messes with what really happened. Read it and understand that Brian himself came up with some elements.

http://www.brianmay.com/brian/brianssb/brianssb.html

Peace,
Adam.

Yes, i just read this this morning. And again, Bri's being a lovely! Im glad to see they left on good terms, and i do realize that they had some good things to say and im sure some elements Bri put in. And I saw it coming that theyd probably show only the negative stuff. But Ace totally ruined WWRY in my opinion. But the point is, is when someone says we cant do that, then move on and make a compromise, which is what the final product was.

Lol I kept laughing at the Faces they were making when they were talking. Roger kept looking like "What are you talking about?" or
"God Im so bored with this" hehe they're soo damn cute!

hehe i kept giggling, it was entertaining to see them on American TV for once... WE NEED TO HAVE MORE QUEEN programs on TV!!!

RVzLady user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 3 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 06, 11:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The ONLY American Idol is Clay Aiken.

The ONLY British Idol is Freddie Mercury.

but i agree, ace should have gone home. hell, let them all go home, they all stink. Clay Aiken is the only talent they found at that dumbass show.

Sherwood Forest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3547 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 06, 11:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yea i dont agree with you at all cept the point that Ace was the worst preformer last night- and should have gone home. but everything else u said is bs
oh well its a popularity contest and thats why i stopped watching it.

One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/essay/1
Poo, again user not visiting Queenzone.com
Poo, again
Deity: 4776 posts

Posted: 13 Apr 06, 15:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Who's Ace?

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Jake? wrote: I want him to shove it down my throat and shoot. Shoot! Shoot! C'mon! SHOOT! SHOOT!

[/QUOTENAME]

[/QUOTE]

Posted: 13 Apr 06, 15:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

RVzLady wrote:

The ONLY American Idol is Clay Aiken.

The ONLY British Idol is Freddie Mercury.

but i agree, ace should have gone home. hell, let them all go home, they all stink. Clay Aiken is the only talent they found at that dumbass show.

*applause* Well said dear!
I love Clay! That mans gotta voice! I saw him in concert... he was fab!