Forums > Personal > THE FAT AMERICANS THREAD

forum rss feed
Author

RETROLOVE user not visiting Queenzone.com
RETROLOVE
Deity: 2522 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Apr 06, 04:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I got a question for you guys....hopefully you wont throw tomatoes at me, with all of the TENSION around here:

Do you guys think the media is responsible for American's being so overweight?...I know this is kinda a silly observation, but its the truth, at least I think it is...I see all of these weight lost commericals...super thin celebs telling you their weight lost plans, etc, but then a few mintues later... you see a Mcdonalds/BURGER KING commerical, with that DAMN KING...feeding those guys huge monster sandwiches...that GODDAMN WAKE UP WITH THE KING stuff...SHUT UP!!! And then those sugary kids cereals.. I think the media plays a part in all of it.

Anywho, I think the media is partly responsible for people being overweight-the other half is just people themselves (family history, laziness, eating habits, etc)...I wonder why this has become so much of an issue, especially among my family and friends, co-workers and associates...its always a topic for dicussion. My father says that the media is not to blame for people being fat...I say it works both ways. I do believe that people need to work out like they need food...and they should make it fun, like for example, I learned how to swim over the summer...it was very fun learning, and that really keeps you in shape!!!

What do you guys think

Here goes two burger king commericals...god, I do not like him!! ( dont ask me why, I just dont him, the burger king)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WsUpKTp5iFA&search=Burger%20King%20

http://youtube.com/watch?v=yoq9bMmmBg8&search=Burger%20King%20

Loving the pass, cherishing the present, and looking forward to the future

user name user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1449 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 06, 05:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh God, I love the Burger King commercials with the king. Genius.

As for the media - the blame lies entirely in the fat people themselves. Genetics and the media obviously have an effect - perhaps even a significant one - but I don't believe that anyone who doesn't want to be fat has to be. Therefore, being overweight is their fault alone.

Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
RETROLOVE

Posted: 14 Apr 06, 06:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Musicman wrote:

As for the media - the blame lies entirely in the fat people themselves. Genetics and the media obviously have an effect - perhaps even a significant one - but I don't believe that anyone who doesn't want to be fat has to be. Therefore, being overweight is their fault alone.

Ahhhh, man, that king is scary, and I think he's kinda fruity in the booty if ya know I mean...always waking up those men with those sandwiches in his hand...letting those guys chase him on the football field...lol

anyways...yeah, PEOPLE have to take responsibility for their OWN actions, but the media is the slient pusher...but yeah, its up to your mind to actually make the choice....but I seriously think, and I know this is a theory, but I really think that the media TRIES TO GET AMERICANS FAT ON PURPOSE, BUT NOT BY ACTUALLY MAKING THEM EAT. The television and internet plays apart also...then people use **MONEY** on all sorts of weight loss methods, rather that be joining a gym (BALLYS) for example, or Weight Watchers, Curves, etc...and trust me, those places are not cheap...I owe ballys like $500 dollars right now.

I'll be honest, I'm like a size 10, I got meat on my bones, but I'm not fat, neither I am skinny...but let me just sit on my ass and eat fast food for about a good year, I'd probably gain about 40 pounds alone just doing that...

the media is trip!

RETROLOVE

Posted: 14 Apr 06, 06:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Musicman, the king is probably coming for you!

Ya betta watch out, lol...

He's gonna wake up in your bed with one of those sandwiches!!!

user name user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1449 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 06, 07:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<B>Jellybean Queen <h6>onelonelypussycat wrote:

Musicman wrote:

Ahhhh, man, that king is scary, and I think he's kinda fruity in the booty if ya know I mean...always waking up those men with those sandwiches in his hand...letting those guys chase him on the football field...lol

anyways...yeah, PEOPLE have to take responsibility for their OWN actions, but the media is the slient pusher...but yeah, its up to your mind to actually make the choice....but I seriously think, and I know this is a theory, but I really think that the media TRIES TO GET AMERICANS FAT ON PURPOSE, BUT NOT BY ACTUALLY MAKING THEM EAT. The television and internet plays apart also...then people use **MONEY** on all sorts of weight loss methods, rather that be joining a gym (BALLYS) for example, or Weight Watchers, Curves, etc...and trust me, those places are not cheap...I owe ballys like $500 dollars right now.

I'll be honest, I'm like a size 10, I got meat on my bones, but I'm not fat, neither I am skinny...but let me just sit on my ass and eat fast food for about a good year, I'd probably gain about 40 pounds alone just doing that...

the media is trip!

A secret conspiracy between fitness centers and fast food chains? Ha, I've never thought about that.

As for the king, I so desperately want to know where I may obtain such a costume.

<B>Jellybean Queen <h6>onelonelypussycat wrote:

Musicman, the king is probably coming for you!

Ya betta watch out, lol...

He's gonna wake up in your bed with one of those sandwiches!!!

That would be awesome. It would save me a trip to Burger King. Actually, that is a bit freaky...but it makes for an excellent commercial.

Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
Gandahalf user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 89 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 06, 07:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think the media imitates what people want and just glorifies it. People aready have the instinct to indulge in 5 pound whoppers or whatever, but the media just eggs it on. Sort of like Supply and Demand.

Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 06, 08:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If I am fat, it's my fault. No one else's.

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

carboengine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1283 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 06, 11:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I buy Lean Cuisine, Healthy Choice, and Weight Watchers frozen entrees. Their portions are small, but they are a good reminder of what portions should be.

Yes, it was a worthwhile experience.
Carol! the Musical user not visiting Queenzone.com
Carol! the Musical
Deity: 5934 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 06, 12:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love the King!! XD

-Things Have Changed For Me-
magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 06, 13:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

carboengine wrote:

I buy Lean Cuisine, Healthy Choice, and Weight Watchers frozen entrees. Their portions are small, but they are a good reminder of what portions should be.

Check the ingredients in those 'health' foods. The portions may be smaller, but the partially hydrogenated oils in them will kill you.

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

That guy who digs energy domes user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5020 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 06, 14:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

if I would eat at burger king, Coach would lynch me

Freedom of choice is what you've got

Freedom from choice is what you want

http://queen4ever.19.forumer.com/index.php
Sherwood Forest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3547 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 06, 15:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i dont eat fast food.
ever

One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/essay/1
Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 06, 16:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No one forces anyone to eat.

"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
That guy who digs energy domes user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5020 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 06, 16:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Messenger Of Leah wrote:

No one forces anyone to eat.

I quite disagree, remember when your parents tell you you cant leave the table if you dont eat your greens

Freedom of choice is what you've got

Freedom from choice is what you want

http://queen4ever.19.forumer.com/index.php
Poo, again user not visiting Queenzone.com
Poo, again
Deity: 4776 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 06, 17:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No, please don't blame media. People in general are just simply stupid.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Jake? wrote: I want him to shove it down my throat and shoot. Shoot! Shoot! C'mon! SHOOT! SHOOT!

[/QUOTENAME]

[/QUOTE]

Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 06, 17:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm too old for that, and they never forced me to eat anything. It's impossible to force except physical, and they can't make you swallow.

"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 06, 17:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

When I was in Colombia I had to walk 15 blocks everyday to get to school. Even if I had to take the bus to go somewhere else, I still had to walk several blocks to get there.

Americans are just WAY TOO used to get in the car, park it, and take a small walk to get to their destination.

Plus, the power of the consumption makes Americans far more tempted to eat this and that. We're bombarded everyday by food ads, and to some of us it's very hard to resist.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 06, 17:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Musicman wrote:

Those have to be the creepiest commercials I've ever seen.

Does anyone really want to wake up next to a creepy man with an artificial face, and dressed up like a transvestite at a Mardi Gras parade?

Now I know what those kids at Neverland Ranch must have felt like.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Carol! the Musical user not visiting Queenzone.com
Carol! the Musical
Deity: 5934 posts

Posted: 14 Apr 06, 18:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

Musicman wrote:

Those have to be the creepiest commercials I've ever seen.

Does anyone really want to wake up next to a creepy man with an artificial face, and dressed up like a transvestite at a Mardi Gras parade?

Now I know what those kids at Neverland Ranch must have felt like.

**Shivers**

-Things Have Changed For Me-
RETROLOVE

Posted: 15 Apr 06, 11:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen Of Wrestling<h6>Jamie's Louvre wrote:

if I would eat at burger king, Coach would lynch me

Ha! LOL!!