Forums > Personal > Reuters: US Refuses To Release Innocents From Guantanamo Bay

forum rss feed
Author

magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Apr 06, 12:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The current administration is in the throes of paranoia and self-righteousness. They declare themselves bound by law then proceed to act above the law. This is a pattern with which they seem particularly pleased.

It's an embarrassment, and sadly the next election is too far away for the American people to save face.

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 17 Apr 06, 13:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good old Caspar...

SomebodyWhoLoves user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 842 posts

Posted: 17 Apr 06, 13:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

US is the greatest nation on earth. Who cares about terrorists in Guantanamo Bay. Let them rot!

Forever88 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Forever88
Royalty: 1465 posts

Posted: 17 Apr 06, 15:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SomebodyWhoLoves wrote:

US is the greatest nation on earth. Who cares about terrorists in Guantanamo Bay. Let them rot!

America is horrible. It is NOT the greatest nation on earth, it may be one day. but thats cos it will have americanized the world.

Nonono, you don't understand, that is NOT why I have this gerbil!
Poo, again user not visiting Queenzone.com
Poo, again
Deity: 4776 posts

Posted: 17 Apr 06, 15:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Let's burn a flag, or something!

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Jake? wrote: I want him to shove it down my throat and shoot. Shoot! Shoot! C'mon! SHOOT! SHOOT!

[/QUOTENAME]

[/QUOTE]

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 17 Apr 06, 16:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Forever88<h6>Penis? Most Certainly!</h6> wrote:

SomebodyWhoLoves wrote:

America is horrible. It is NOT the greatest nation on earth, it may be one day. but thats cos it will have americanized the world.

Both of the above statements are bullshit.

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 17 Apr 06, 18:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SomebodyWhoLoves wrote:

The voice of ignorance has just spoken.

Do you know for sure if every single person detained at Guantanamo is actually a terrorist?

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
user name user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1449 posts

Posted: 17 Apr 06, 21:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PieterMC wrote:

SomebodyWhoLoves wrote:

Agreed. Will the two of you immediately distance yourselves from anything relevant to politics and leave the intelligent conversation to the grown-ups.

Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
That guy who digs energy domes user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5020 posts

Posted: 17 Apr 06, 21:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

under the PATRIOT Act, its our right

Freedom of choice is what you've got

Freedom from choice is what you want

http://queen4ever.19.forumer.com/index.php
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 17 Apr 06, 21:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen Of Wrestling<h6>Jamie's Louvre wrote:

under the PATRIOT Act, its our right

What's so patriotic about the patriot act?

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Sherwood Forest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3547 posts

Posted: 17 Apr 06, 21:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i like how everywhere a person fucking goes there is always anti-american politic shit. Even on a fucking internet forum it doesnt stop! I say ya stop posting this crap and have you ignorant opinions about America government but take each person from America for who they are not theyre rich "leaders."

sigh
fucking hippies

One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/essay/1
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 17 Apr 06, 22:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love George W. Bush

Thanks to him liberal college teachers spend more time bashing this administration and less time giving homework.

YAAAAAYY!!

user name user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1449 posts

Posted: 18 Apr 06, 06:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

64.396 wrote:

i like how everywhere a person fucking goes there is always anti-american politic shit. Even on a fucking internet forum it doesnt stop! I say ya stop posting this crap and have you ignorant opinions about America government but take each person from America for who they are not theyre rich "leaders."

sigh
fucking hippies

Actually, this thread has actually strayed from criticism of American citizens...this is strictly criticism of current governmental policy, and to be honest, it brings up a very valid, insightful, and factual point.

So far, all the "ignorant opinions" have been effectively ignored, disregarded, or (in this case) confuted in this thread. That's something we don't see too often.

Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 18 Apr 06, 09:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Musicman wrote:

PieterMC wrote:

SomebodyWhoLoves wrote:

Agreed. Will the two of you immediately distance yourselves from anything relevant to politics and leave the intelligent conversation to the grown-ups.

I agree with Pieter and Musicman. I don't take too kindly to calling all Americans stupid either. What does this accomplish? When some people start to realize that you can not put all Americans, all African Americans, all Germans, all French, all Arabs, etc. under one umbrella and call them all stupid, or violent, or terrorists, the world will be a better place.

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

Poo, again

Posted: 18 Apr 06, 09:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I still say we should burn a flag! ;)

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Jake? wrote: I want him to shove it down my throat and shoot. Shoot! Shoot! C'mon! SHOOT! SHOOT!

[/QUOTENAME]

[/QUOTE]

Lisser

Posted: 18 Apr 06, 10:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why would you want to burn anything other than firewood to keep warm? Seems like a waste of time to me. It might also pollute the air? No?

Find something more fullfilling to do with your time.

NJ!!!

Poo, again

Posted: 18 Apr 06, 10:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wait, Thomas... is there actually an "American ethnic group"? I'm confused...

[/QUOTENAME]

[/QUOTE]

Mr.Jingles

Posted: 18 Apr 06, 10:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Millionaire Waltz wrote:

I still say we should burn a flag! ;)

I'll burn a confederate flag. :-)

FUCK YOU LYNARD SKYNYRD!

Lisser

Posted: 18 Apr 06, 11:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color = "crimson">Thomas Quinn wrote:

Lisser wrote:

Why would you want to burn anything other than firewood to keep warm? Seems like a waste of time to me. It might also pollute the air? No?

Find something more fullfilling to do with your time.

I suppose the term 'statement' means nothing to you?

And I suppose that instead of a protest-march against the war, we should go for a walk in the woods. Far more fun, right? Same kind of logic.

Yes, Thomas a statement does mean something to me. I just don't see how burning a flag will make any difference or add anything positive to your call. Certainly you can find some other method that is much more constructive to voice your opinions and stances. A non-violent protest march is a great example of what you could do rather than burn a flag. A walk in the woods could also be a great idea. Sure, why not. You could organize a march through the woods in protest of the US holding prisoners at the Bay. I'd much rather do that then burn a flag or burn anything other than wood to keep warm. I think positive attention will get you further than negative attention. A peaceful protest would get my attention on the core issue at hand rather than a flag burning session. When I see people burning flags, it just send a hate message to me. Why would I back anyone's cause that has hate fueling it?

NJ!!!

Poo, again

Posted: 18 Apr 06, 13:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, burning a flag is a very strong statement, indeed. You should try it... not that I've ever burned a flag, but I guess it's just one of those things I've got to do in my lifetime... or maybe not, who knows?

[/QUOTENAME]

[/QUOTE]