Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Your fantasy career...

forum rss feed
Author

SomebodyWhoLoves user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 842 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Apr 06, 20:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What is your dream career?

All this creative writing makes me wish I was a better writer so I could write novels...

But alas, I am not a gifted writer.

SomebodyWhoLoves user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 842 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Apr 06, 20:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Come to think of it, neither is that Harry Potter author. She's in my opinion, a very amateurish writer, and yet she's hugely successful. But she isn't deserving of the success.



John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Apr 06, 20:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SomebodyWhoLoves wrote:

Come to think of it, neither is that Harry Potter author. She's in my opinion, a very amateurish writer, and yet she's hugely successful. But she isn't deserving of the success.



As an adult I too think that she is a bit amateurish, however, I think you will find that she is a children's writer - and while that may not place her in the same league as Shakespeare, the fact that she has tuned a readerless generation of kids into books, can only be for the good.

Therefore, I disagree, and think she IS very-well deserving of her success.

I also think that she would be smart enough to post in the correct forum.


"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
Sherwood Forest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3547 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Apr 06, 20:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

wrong section....
astronomer/ oceanogrpaher/ working with wolves


One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city



http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/essay/1
its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Apr 06, 20:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Something to do with Media or Music....

Sherwood Forest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3547 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Apr 06, 20:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="#FF00CC">its_a_hard_life wrote:

Something to do with Media or Music....


yea that would be nice too
work with brian may while hes on life support


One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city



http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/essay/1
its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Apr 06, 20:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

64.396 wrote:

<font color="#FF00CC">its_a_hard_life wrote:

Something to do with Media or Music....


yea that would be nice too
work with brian may while hes on life support


OMG!!!!!!! LMAO!!!! That's bad Jamie, omg but it's also funny!

Awwww I know it will come one day but to think of him like that isn't a good idea. Dont worry I saw the funny side of that too. ;-)

That guy who digs energy domes user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5020 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Apr 06, 20:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Pope


Freedom of choice is what you've got

Freedom from choice is what you want



http://queen4ever.19.forumer.com/index.php
Rogers_Bitch user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 254 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Apr 06, 20:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Beautition...


Im Rogers bitch, beware i bite ;)
as it began user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 222 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Apr 06, 20:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

An actress or zoologist. Lol, those careers couldn't be more different!

it was electric7 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 709 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Apr 06, 21:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

be an actress in a love movie with a really hot male actor, like Jude Law!!

SomebodyWhoLoves user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 842 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Apr 06, 21:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John S Stuart wrote:

SomebodyWhoLoves wrote:

Come to think of it, neither is that Harry Potter author. She's in my opinion, a very amateurish writer, and yet she's hugely successful. But she isn't deserving of the success.



As an adult I too think that she is a bit amateurish, however, I think you will find that she is a children's writer - and while that may not place her in the same league as Shakespeare, the fact that she has tuned a readerless generation of kids into books, can only be for the good.

Therefore, I disagree, and think she IS very-well deserving of her success.

I also think that she would be smart enough to post in the correct forum.



How shall I put this?


Her books STINKeth. They are boring, and predictable. And her style of writing is atrociously puke bad.


Just because her books are POPULAR doesn't mean she's deserving of it. I think the success has to do with the general increased interest in Wicca and Magic than anything she has written.

Now, if you want to say she created Witchcraft, you may have a point since the kids seem to love the idea of magic, and witchcraft.


mayniac316 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1291 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Apr 06, 21:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

it was electric7 wrote:

be an actress in a love movie with a really hot male actor, like Jude Law!!


Or Brian, if he were an actor ;)

mayniac316 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1291 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Apr 06, 21:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

An illustrator, which is what i'll be doing in a few years. Hopefully Brian will need my artistic expertise someday...

user name user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1449 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Apr 06, 21:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So she got children reading, huh? Somehow in this day and age people have come under the misconception that reading for the sake of itself is somehow beneficial to the reader. Everywhere you look there are purported unsubstantiated claims of vocabulary enrichment and reading comprehension that result from merely reading any form of literature.

The fact that J.K. Rowling has gotten a vast population of people to read at a level FAR BELOW their capacity is negligible, even DETRIMENTAL. It's comparable to watching the movies. Enrichment can only be obtained from reading at or above one's level. Reading for the sake of reading is not beneficial (unless some important knowledge is to be gleaned from the text - Harry Potter has none of this).

Literature at the level of which J.K. Rowling writes is purely entertainment-oriented. Assuming the child is capable of reading, he will gain no insights, knowledge, or improvement from reading her novels - no matter how long they are (as this is negligible).

Therefore, there are two practical uses for J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter novels:

A) Entertainment - on par with watching mindless television, viewing an action thriller in the theater, or listening to your favorite band.

B) Teaching a child rudimenary reading skills. Hardly a step above Dr. Seuss.

Sorry for the rant, but I can't stand how people can just out and decide that reading for the sake of reading is inherently good.


Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
user name user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1449 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Apr 06, 21:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SomebodyWhoLoves wrote:

John S Stuart wrote:

SomebodyWhoLoves wrote:

Come to think of it, neither is that Harry Potter author. She's in my opinion, a very amateurish writer, and yet she's hugely successful. But she isn't deserving of the success.



As an adult I too think that she is a bit amateurish, however, I think you will find that she is a children's writer - and while that may not place her in the same league as Shakespeare, the fact that she has tuned a readerless generation of kids into books, can only be for the good.

Therefore, I disagree, and think she IS very-well deserving of her success.

I also think that she would be smart enough to post in the correct forum.



How shall I put this?


Her books STINKeth. They are boring, and predictable. And her style of writing is atrociously puke bad.


Just because her books are POPULAR doesn't mean she's deserving of it. I think the success has to do with the general increased interest in Wicca and Magic than anything she has written.

Now, if you want to say she created Witchcraft, you may have a point since the kids seem to love the idea of magic, and witchcraft.


I seemed to have missed the references to both Wiccan culture and witchcraft - two words I don't recall being in the text of the novels.

And how can he have a point saying she created witchcraft? Last I checked, that's one of those classic, recycled themes that have existed ever since anyone can remember.

No one has any idea what you are talking about.


Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
That guy who digs energy domes user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5020 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Apr 06, 21:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hey! Dont use that language in front of the Pope


Freedom of choice is what you've got

Freedom from choice is what you want



http://queen4ever.19.forumer.com/index.php
as it began user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 222 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Apr 06, 21:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

it was electric7 wrote:

be an actress in a love movie with a really hot male actor, like Jude Law!!


Hehe that would be wonderful. :)

RETROLOVE user not visiting Queenzone.com
RETROLOVE
Deity: 2522 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Apr 06, 00:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Exotic dancer....dancing off of "get down make love..."


Loving the pass, cherishing the present, and looking forward to the future

RETROLOVE user not visiting Queenzone.com
RETROLOVE
Deity: 2522 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Apr 06, 02:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LeroyBrown11 wrote:

Yoo'll probably think this a joke, but seriously....I wanna carry on Freddie's legasty (spelling, sorry?) and I want to be the girl Freddie Mercury and yes....I'm dead serious.


MMMMMmmmmm, okay, its legacy...if thats what your saying?


And whats the girl Freddie Mercury?


Loving the pass, cherishing the present, and looking forward to the future