Forums > Personal > Personal, because this is about YOU!

forum rss feed
Author

S@turn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 621 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Apr 06, 09:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

this posting is about you.
So, dont say what you want OTHERS to do, choose something you can do, yourself, right now, in the future

My question (consideration) is, what can YOU, yourself, do to make queenzone a nice place?
I see so many people complaining, and pointing to others, but I seldom see what you, yourself want to do, what is in your possibiities, to make this a nice place.

So, what's your plan to make this place better? And I dont mean silly things as taking over or changing lay-out or banning people. No, just you, yourself, what will you do to make this place a nice one?

As you see I ask not for theories, I ask for things that you can and will realize.

And understand me correct, I love queenzone, for over 8 years. I love it because of the good people who are there!!

I look forward to see your constructive answer to that simple question (repeating it):
What are you going to do with your own abilities to make queenzone an even nicer place then it already is?

Another fantastic posting of a wonderful person!

=================

all we need is internet-blog-blog, internet bla-bla

http://saturn.queenzone.com/

===

Let's make ourself better then we were befo

Posted: 19 Apr 06, 09:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color =#CC00FF>***Marial-B*** wrote:

Okay... I always try to post nice things and have fun here, that's all the purpose. Besides I know I fought sometimes, but I always try to avoid them ;)

Nice and wise written, I think. I think that that's where a bulletinboard is for (and queenzone is way more as we know).
Else one should have named it bullyboard, right?

As for me, one of the things that I do, as you see, post when I think I have something to say, and not even read subjects that are already from the subject title not worth to open it.

=================

===

Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 19 Apr 06, 10:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I avoid the topics I feel don't add anything useful or positive to the board. I don't reply to trolls or fuel their fire. I voice my opinions peacefully and do not name call.

I've been here for quite awhile too and I'm not going anywhere. This board has been good to me and I'll be good to it as well.

:)

*waves to hans*

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 19 Apr 06, 10:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, I think my crusade for PainPleasure to become the new owner has been met with mixed results. On the one hand, people love him so much that they want him to be the new owner, but on the other hand, not enough people are signing the petition. Get over there and vote vote vote!!!

On a personal level, I merely don't have enough time to post here as often as I used to. It's only now in certain spurts, but I don't expect to be posting here quite as much anymore. So really, I'm helping by not filling this board with even more crap that it's currently bombarded with. You're welcome!

Freya is quietly judging you. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Meh.
Freya is quietly judging you.
Deity: 5913 posts

Posted: 19 Apr 06, 10:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I could stop arguing with 12 year olds about their crap use of grammar. I do a lot of that.

Posted: 19 Apr 06, 10:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lester Burnham wrote:

So really, I'm helping by not filling this board with even more crap that it's currently bombarded with. You're welcome!

your words and posting are in contradiction, I think?

Oops, editing, I did not mean this as a personal attack. More that the posting did not 'tell' what you are going to do.

=================

===

magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 19 Apr 06, 10:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think too often people are joking but are thought to be making insults. That causes others to become defensive and argumentative. Because of that, I often do not post because I'm afraid that what I write will be taken the wrong way. And when I read, I try to find the humor in what is said instead of assume it's meant as insult.

I wish I could add what Lisser said about not replying to spammers, but I do find myself doing that at times. :-( I am so ashamed. <sniff>

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 19 Apr 06, 10:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

S@turn wrote:

Oops, editing, I did not mean this as a personal attack...

Ah-ha! There! You see? This is exactly what I mean... except you caught yourself before you were attacked right back. ;-)

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 19 Apr 06, 11:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

S@turn wrote:

Lester Burnham wrote:

So really, I'm helping by not filling this board with even more crap that it's currently bombarded with. You're welcome!

your words and posting are in contradiction, I think?

You jerkface. I'm suing!

Oops, editing, I did not mean this as a personal attack. More that the posting did not 'tell' what you are going to do.

Well, I don't quite know what I'm going to do... I guess I'm going to try to bring humor back to the boards, at least when I post as infrequently as I do. Does anyone remember laughter? I think we all need to laugh a little bit and not take things so seriously.

its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts

Posted: 19 Apr 06, 11:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I want the profile picture to WORK. I also want to post some interesting threads that people will enjoy to talk about.

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 19 Apr 06, 11:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ummm...uhhh....I don't know what I can do. Oh well..:-)

Posted: 19 Apr 06, 12:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

magicalfreddiemercury wrote:

I think too often people are joking but are thought to be making insults. That causes others to become defensive and argumentative. Because of that, I often do not post because I'm afraid that what I write will be taken the wrong way. And when I read, I try to find the humor in what is said instead of assume it's meant as insult.

I wish I could add what Lisser said about not replying to spammers, but I do find myself doing that at times. :-( I am so ashamed. <sniff>

It is human to react when you see things that you absolutely not agree with, or what you feel you have to say a word on. No problem in that, but I think it is good when you realize what you are doing when you do so. You help to keep the 'spirit' (good or evil) going of the one that you react on.

I think that the huge challenge of Queenzone has to do as well with all the cultures and I understand that one is trying to be even more funny then the other one. Nothing wrong with that, it makes it a nice melting pot and for people who realy, seriously, are concerning about this place it is not asked much to just consider if there is effort that you can make. Your own little help, most of all for yourself, and by sharing here you can even maybe get others as well so far that they find a way of handling it.

When you say things wrong or are misunderstood, then there is always a possibility to say I'm sorry, to just get back to the essential and react on that instead of joining and reacting at all kind of (more or less) sick comments.

Erin wrote:

Ummm...uhhh....I don't know what I can do. Oh well..:-)

Not everyone needs to change his or her Queenzone behavior, I think, Erin! :) But, seriously, you know even better then me that there are many who want to have a nice time here in Queenzone. If you think your behavior is okay, and it is good for you, why changing it then? In fact I think the same of myself ;), this might be an opportunity to see if someone has good ideas or whatever, for himself.

And about how QZ can be improved technically (pictures and profiles), there is a nice section for that as well. Here it is about what you PERSONALLY do, will do, want do do (or what you dont)

=================

===

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 20 Apr 06, 03:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I do my bit by bumping this back to the top:)

I do not want any google ads here.

Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 20 Apr 06, 05:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I post less. That makes this place a better place...

Fraz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1129 posts

SomebodyWhoLoves user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 842 posts

Posted: 20 Apr 06, 05:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bleh. All I can say is, there are a lot of immature people here!

Not me of course. =)

Posted: 20 Apr 06, 07:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SomebodyWhoLoves wrote:

bleh. All I can say is, there are a lot of immature people here!

Not me of course. =)

are you going to get the number of mature postings up? cos it was what YOU are going to do, not what others should?

=================

===

Posted: 20 Apr 06, 07:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=lime>KillerKing840 wrote:

S@turn wrote:

My question (consideration) is, what can YOU, yourself, do to make queenzone a nice place?

(...)

So, what's your plan to make this place better? (...)

No, just you, yourself, what will you do to make this place a nice one?

(...)

As this thread is directed to everybody, I think I'm supposed to read/post here as well... But I honestly doubt you'd like to know my answer to this question. :-P

I honestly want to hear indeed what you yourself have for plans, yes.

=================

===

Farenheit user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 33 posts

Posted: 20 Apr 06, 10:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think it would be a good start for me to post some more :) Ohh... and i'll really really really want the profile picture to work ;) !!!

" I'm a very loving person, you know ;) How about that ?! "
KillerQueen840 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4081 posts

Posted: 20 Apr 06, 10:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm not sure what I can use my "abilities" to do.

However, I will keep thinking twice before I post something. I've been improving a bit on that. On average I click the reply button twice a day and type out a post and then question if it is really a good idea, and then delete it.

P.S. I think this is a wonderful topic, Hans!

"The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keep out the joy."

(Jim Rohn)