Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > An Unbiased Opinion, Please?

forum rss feed
Author

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Apr 06, 12:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian is quiet and intelligent guy, when you're talking with him (my own experience).

Roger is very friendly too (my own experience). He went to the pub with fans once even in the end of 80s as I remember.

Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts

Posted: 20 Apr 06, 12:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian was extremely nice when I met him. Roger I haven't met but after speaking to many people who did- he's cool as wekll, although ina completely different way.

Boy Thomas Raker user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 969 posts

Posted: 20 Apr 06, 13:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Celebrity is a double edged sword. I went to a press thing Brian did in Toronto to promote the Hollywood re-issues. The turnout was much greater than they must have anticipated, as the lineup was huge for autographs. A lady behind me cursed at Brian when it was announced that he wouldn't be able to sign for everyone as he had a plane to catch. She said she was a long time fan and that he was forgetting all of the people who made him popular in the beginning. She didn't get her albums signed, and probably thinks Brian is a grade A dick, although she didn't get within 30 feet of him. I weaseled my way into the back alley, where Brian was in his limo. He got out to sign my guitar, graciously said a few words, and I don't think I even thanked him. A total gentleman. Two different stories from the same day though, sometimes famous people can't win.

You know, good times are now.
gnomo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 743 posts

Posted: 20 Apr 06, 13:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

... met Bri and Paul again last week, delightfully nice and friendly as always - feeling grateful and privileged...

Like anyone else, celebrity or not, it largely depends on when and how you approach them, but they're nice guys at heart.

And Roger too - never met him, but my best friend did a dozen times at least...

FWIW

--

Gnomo

(... any way the wind blows ...)
masterstroke_84 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 542 posts

Posted: 20 Apr 06, 15:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Everybody knows how kind they are... very humble people...they have the humble of the greatest ones... specially Brian... you can see it in his face...

I think that...

Queen rocks!
it was electric7 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 709 posts

Posted: 20 Apr 06, 16:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I never met any of the Queen members but I've heard they are very friendly! I really hope to meet Brian and Roger one day...John, also but that seems kind of...hard.

inmsthebest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 532 posts

Posted: 20 Apr 06, 16:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry... wrote:

Brian is quiet and intelligent guy, when you're talking with him (my own experience).

Roger is very friendly too (my own experience). He went to the pub with fans once even in the end of 80s as I remember.

So you met the two of them?
That's nice, I'm glad to hear on this forum that people who have actually met them say they are so gentle and nice guys.

God, Amazing powerful musicians""
Mr Faron Hyte user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 565 posts

Posted: 20 Apr 06, 16:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I met Jim Beach once but somehow it doesn't seem like the same thing ...

Poo, again user not visiting Queenzone.com
Poo, again
Deity: 4776 posts

Posted: 20 Apr 06, 16:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I hope to meet Paul McCartney one day and ask him if he's really alive.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Jake? wrote: I want him to shove it down my throat and shoot. Shoot! Shoot! C'mon! SHOOT! SHOOT!

[/QUOTENAME]

[/QUOTE]

DreaminQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1382 posts

Posted: 20 Apr 06, 17:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

it was electric7 wrote:

I never met any of the Queen members but I've heard they are very friendly! I really hope to meet Brian and Roger one day...John, also but that seems kind of...hard.

Same here!!!

Its nice to hear from those who have actually met them and explain that they are truly kind men... I always got the impression they were greatful to their fans and seemed like nice men... This just confirms it... so thanks for sharing guys!!!

Posted: 20 Apr 06, 17:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Millionaire Waltz wrote:

LMAO!!!
I love Paul!!!

The prophet's song user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1044 posts

Posted: 20 Apr 06, 19:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You have no idea how cool it would be if I could tell you how great they all are, but sadly, I've not even been in the same country at the same time as them. Bugger

"Either this kid has a lightbulb up his ass or his colon has a great idea"
Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 20 Apr 06, 19:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Met Brian once outside WWRY in London. Real nice guy. What can I say that hasn't been said before! Haven't a clue what Roger's like, but I'd think he's probably not too dissimilar.

Peace,
Adam.

Posted: 20 Apr 06, 21:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i want to meet them sooo bad!

Id love nothing more than to give them a hug and thank them for helping me through the roughest times of my life with their music...
And for inspiring me...

dorahc user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 107 posts

Posted: 20 Apr 06, 22:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Roger is really a nice person. I have a friend who used to live nearby Roger's Surrey home and had the pleasure of speaking to Roger on the phone. I've not met Brian but I'm sure that he is just as pleasant as Roger.

thenplayon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 32 posts

Posted: 21 Apr 06, 00:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Millionaire Waltz wrote:

You'll love this tale, then. This guy my dad works with was in England on business, and he was sitting in this little bistro type thing. And he sits down at his seat, starts eating his meal, and goes to the bathroom. Comes back. Paul Frickin' McCartney is sitting at the table next to him. Hes got pictures to prove it. Lucky SOB.

http://www.throwndown-videos.net/queen/

The only website devoted to lossless Queen material!
kalimera user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 27 posts

Posted: 21 Apr 06, 00:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*struggles with self*
Must get out of this country. Go to UK. Meet Brian and Roger. Not go back to NZ.

Always thought I'd be something more..
Sunshine user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 191 posts

Posted: 21 Apr 06, 04:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I met Brian when he left after the Rotterdam gig in 1993. I was 15 then and way too insecure to speak English and I thought I wasnt wise enough to say anything, but he thanked everybody to come to the show...I remember that clearly. And I thought: He thanked me???? And then he drove off in a disgusting pinkish colour Mercedes S-class...that old model in that time..He is so nice. He is very accessable, never met Roger though..

You ain't seen nothing 'till your down on the muffin...;)
Al TurHao user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 168 posts

Posted: 21 Apr 06, 06:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I met Roger and Brian in Lisbon, 2005.

Roger is truly a cool guy. Nice, polite (didn't said much, 'cause he was tired of the show).

Brian was nice, friendly but in a more diplomatic way.

Please notice that they are people, so they are intitled to have bad days and bad moods, like everyone of us.

Anyway my fears of possible disappointment disappeared. One of the best nights of my life. It was an experience I already posted here some time ago.

Being a Scolar when it comes to Queen...
Dickie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 13 posts

Posted: 21 Apr 06, 07:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have met Brian May several times as I have the good fortune to live near where he does. He is a really nice man who is genuinly interested in what you have to say. One Saturday evening he turned up at the local village pub with guitar and amp and played, knowing that it was one of the locals 80th birthday. That should give you an idea of the measure of the man.