Forums > Personal > Happy Birthday Elizabeth!

forum rss feed
Author

Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Apr 06, 09:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Today is Queen Elizabeth's birthday! Shame on your Great Britainers to not wish your Queen a happy 80th!

bwuahahahaa!! She looks great for 80 I think.


Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!



NJ!!!























The Mir@cle user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Mir@cle
Deity: 3543 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Apr 06, 09:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No Brian on the roof of the Royal Palace today?

Congratulations Elizabeth!


I got to try al little more,

because I'm an asshole but I'm learning.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfTLkUcQ7QY
@ndy38 user not visiting Queenzone.com
@ndy38
Royalty: 1490 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Apr 06, 09:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Meh


Crazy Little Thing Called Love....
magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Apr 06, 09:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Assoicated Press headline read - "Queen Turns 80"

I got all excited, wondering what kind of article I'd be reading about QUEEN. I mean, Queen? Turning 80? No offense to the royal lady, but boy was I disappointed.


"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury



Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Apr 06, 09:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What is the difference between her "actual" birthday and her "official" birthday?


Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!



NJ!!!























scallyuk user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 297 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Apr 06, 10:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lisser wrote:

What is the difference between her "actual" birthday and her "official" birthday?


Who gives a Sh**? You guys managed to break away fom the monarchy a couple of hundred years ago. Share the secret, let's get rid of the leeches once and for all.

Actually the official answer is :- because she does. Here's the British Embassy FAQ answer to this question.

The Queen was actually born on 21 April, but it has long been customary to celebrate the Sovereign's birthday on a day during the summer. Since 1805 the Sovereign's 'official' birthday has been marked by the Trooping the Colour ceremony, normally held on the second Saturday in June.

This is a ceremony which originated when it was essential for soldiers to recognise the flag or 'Colour' of their regiment so that they could follow it into battle. Each year one of the five regiments of the foot guards (Grenadiers, Coldstream Guards, Scots, Irish and Welsh Guards) take turns to display their Colour in the ceremony.

The ceremony begins with the Queen leaving Buckingham Palace escorted by the Household Cavalry. She rides down The Mall to Horse Guards Parade and inspects the 500 guardsmen.

The Colour is trooped by being carried along the ranks of guardsmen, and the Colour party then leads the guards on a march past the Queen, accompanied by the massed bands of the foot guards.

No particular annual ceremony is held on the Queen's true birthday, although the Union Flag is flown on public buildings and the national anthem is sung.


"amateurs practice till they get it right, professionals practice till they can't get it wrong"
Freya is quietly judging you. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Meh.
Freya is quietly judging you.
Deity: 5913 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Apr 06, 10:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes... Happy birthday Elizabeth...

Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Apr 06, 10:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

scallyuk wrote:

Lisser wrote:

What is the difference between her "actual" birthday and her "official" birthday?


Who gives a Sh**? You guys managed to break away fom the monarchy a couple of hundred years ago. Share the secret, let's get rid of the leeches once and for all.

Actually the official answer is :- because she does. Here's the British Embassy FAQ answer to this question.

The Queen was actually born on 21 April, but it has long been customary to celebrate the Sovereign's birthday on a day during the summer. Since 1805 the Sovereign's 'official' birthday has been marked by the Trooping the Colour ceremony, normally held on the second Saturday in June.

This is a ceremony which originated when it was essential for soldiers to recognise the flag or 'Colour' of their regiment so that they could follow it into battle. Each year one of the five regiments of the foot guards (Grenadiers, Coldstream Guards, Scots, Irish and Welsh Guards) take turns to display their Colour in the ceremony.

The ceremony begins with the Queen leaving Buckingham Palace escorted by the Household Cavalry. She rides down The Mall to Horse Guards Parade and inspects the 500 guardsmen.

The Colour is trooped by being carried along the ranks of guardsmen, and the Colour party then leads the guards on a march past the Queen, accompanied by the massed bands of the foot guards.

No particular annual ceremony is held on the Queen's true birthday, although the Union Flag is flown on public buildings and the national anthem is sung.


I'll never tell the secret!!!

Actually before I joined this board and met so many English people I had the opinion that the Royal Family were leeches also and didn't seem to serve much of a purpose other than to live off the taxes of the people. But I've since learned differently and I'm glad. It's good to learn more about other cultures.

I hope I look as good as her when I'm 80.

Thanks for the lesson scally. Now go and send your birthday card to your Queen!!! Go on!


Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!



NJ!!!























PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Apr 06, 11:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can't stand them. They serve no purpose.

scallyuk user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 297 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Apr 06, 12:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PieterMC wrote:

I can't stand them. They serve no purpose.


Except to distract elderly people and tourists from the problems in this country. No sorry that was the Queen Mum's (Gawd Bless 'er) job. The rest of them are a waste of space - sorry Lisser she isn't getting a card from me. She can afford to buy one and wite my name in it if she's that desperate. Hell she can afford to buy enough cards to wrute everyone's name in.

Neil





"amateurs practice till they get it right, professionals practice till they can't get it wrong"
Fraz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1129 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Apr 06, 20:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Happy Birthday Queen Biatch.


[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Carol! the Musical user not visiting Queenzone.com
Carol! the Musical
Deity: 5934 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Apr 06, 21:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Have a groovy birthday, Queen. :-P


-Things Have Changed For Me-
user name user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1449 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Apr 06, 21:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So...what function does the royal family have in Britain? I never understood why it...existed.


Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Apr 06, 22:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Musicman wrote:

So...what function does the royal family have in Britain? I never understood why it...existed.


So the British tabloids can write gossip about them.


[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Apr 06, 23:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I really do hope some of you people have seen Stephen Colbert in London.

user name user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1449 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Apr 06, 23:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

Musicman wrote:

So...what function does the royal family have in Britain? I never understood why it...existed.


So the British tabloids can write gossip about them.


Tax dollar celebrities? I can't understand how something like that can stand in Britain.


Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Apr 06, 08:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amongst other pomp and circumstance, the Royal Family is tradition and they also bring about a HUGE amount of revenue in via tourism to the country. I don't know the exact terminology on this but some portion of something that has to do with the Royal Family is tax exempt but Queen Elizabeth, for a great number of years, has voluntarily paid the taxes anyway. Bob is the one who educated me on the Royal Family and their purpose. When he's got time and is able to return, I bet he'll be more than happy to give us all a history lesson. Bob knows everything about history. If you want to know something about history, ask Zeni or Bob.


Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!



NJ!!!























The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Apr 06, 08:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Screw monarchy!


Killed by drones.
Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Apr 06, 09:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color="green">The Fairy King wrote:

Screw monarchy!


Off with your head!!!!


Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!



NJ!!!