Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Brian'd guitar during Back Chat

forum rss feed
Author

alyssa user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 115 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Apr 06, 11:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

what kind of guitar did Brian have during the Back Cha video? http://youtube.com/watch?v=prPVvY7AxGY&search=Queen there's the video.

alyssa user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 115 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Apr 06, 11:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Back Chat*

Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Apr 06, 11:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think it's TELECASTER.

Scott_Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 704 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Apr 06, 11:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fender Telecaster, looks like a 1982 "1952 Butterscotch Reissue".




Having a smoking area in a restaurant is like having a pissing section in a swimming pool
alyssa user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 115 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Apr 06, 12:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thanks :) that's what i thought because i'm in a play and this guy in the band has the same one !! i'm like wow that looks like Brian's during Back Chat .. and i asked him what kind and sure enough it was the same kind.

Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Apr 06, 12:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I must admit I don't like this guitar ;)
Doesn't look too cool, doesn't sound the way I like it... Not for me :)

Now Flying V or SG... Or EXPLORER- even though I'm FENDERek, I'm more of a Gibson fan :)

Scott_Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 704 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Apr 06, 12:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A Fender telecaster has more of a twangy, country, rockibilly vibe... ie: Brian played a Fender Telecaster for the solo of Crazy Little Thing Called Love.

His guitar absolutely could not have been used for that solo..... it could not get quite that sound, although Brian's "fireplace" guitar does have 16 different tonal possibilities.

Against Brian's will, Fred and the producer wanted Bri to play a actual Fender Tele on CLTCL.

Brian played the telecaster.


Having a smoking area in a restaurant is like having a pissing section in a swimming pool
vtx user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 116 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Apr 06, 13:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the guitar is rogers.. listen to the audio on gvh2


x
Thanks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 615 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Apr 06, 16:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Scott_Mercury wrote:

A Fender telecaster has more of a twangy, country, rockibilly vibe...


That fuck nobody told Keith Richards, Bruce Springsteen, Prince, Rick Parfitt & Francis Rossi.

Scott_Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 704 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Apr 06, 18:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks wrote:

Scott_Mercury wrote:

A Fender telecaster has more of a twangy, country, rockibilly vibe...


That fuck nobody told Keith Richards, Bruce Springsteen, Prince, Rick Parfitt & Francis Rossi.


Keith Richards?? any distorted guitar playing you'd ever here from the Stones would be coming from Brian Jones, Mick Taylor, or Ron Wood....Keith's guitar sounds wuss, and when he was playing lead parts (Satisfaction for example) ...that was a Gibson 335 semi-hollowbody.

Bruce Springsteen plays enough guitar to write songs on it....but he is NOT a GUITARIST.... Stevie Van Zant (the real guitarist with Springsteen) has actually pissed Bruce off before by telling guitar magazines that most of the time, Bruce's telecaster isn't even plugged in.

Prince is a underated guitar player who is actually quite good. If you would will look (as in before running your mouth) you will see that while Prince's guitar **LOOKS** like a Telecaster, it is actually a Custom guitar, with single coil looking pickup's, but they are actually stacked humbuckers...made to sound heavy...like a Gibson SG or Les Paul..Prince does not play a Fender Telecaster. See the Nov. 1994 issue of Guitar World for details and pictures.

Meanwhile, here in the United States, if you watch a country video channel, 9 out of 10 videos, you will see the guitarist playing Telecasters.

Sure, no one guitar is suited for just one style of music.....FACT: Jimmy Page recorded Led Zeppelin 1 with a Fender Telecaster, while everyone presumes it was a Les Paul, or his double neck SG. It was not.

But The Fender Telecaster is not a guitar made for "metal"..... it leans on the country side...and speaking of Keef, who in my honest opinion is always severely overated... his playing is that of a country/Chuck Berry wannabe...

Keith Richards always ranks about 50 positions higher then Brian May on most "who's the best guitarist" survey's....and that my friend, is a fucking joke.


Having a smoking area in a restaurant is like having a pissing section in a swimming pool
RETROLOVE user not visiting Queenzone.com
RETROLOVE
Deity: 2522 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Apr 06, 02:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Okay...does anybody notice that Roger looks FINE as FUCK in the video, oh my god!!!!...is it just me...it couldnt just be me...and whatsup with John weird smile at the end of the video...first he smiles at the end of that Body language video...and then at the end of backchat...I got a feeling the hotspace album was his moment, he was walking on sunshine!!! LOL


Loving the pass, cherishing the present, and looking forward to the future

RETROLOVE user not visiting Queenzone.com
RETROLOVE
Deity: 2522 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Apr 06, 00:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="#CC66FF">xloveofmylifex wrote:

Keith Richards.... i heard of him b4
isnt he that guitarest from the rolling stones? with the yellow teeth? loooool.


No, actually, I think his teeth might be green...they used to be yellow, now their green...lol


Loving the pass, cherishing the present, and looking forward to the future

RETROLOVE user not visiting Queenzone.com
RETROLOVE
Deity: 2522 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Apr 06, 01:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<B>Jellybean Queen <h6>sweet body kisses wrote:

Okay...does anybody notice that Roger looks FINE as FUCK in the video, oh my god!!!!...is it just me...it couldnt just be me...and whatsup with John weird smile at the end of the video...first he smiles at the end of that Body language video...and then at the end of backchat...I got a feeling the hotspace album was his moment, he was walking on sunshine!!! LOL



Okay...Roger...HOT??? Anyone, anybody...lol


Loving the pass, cherishing the present, and looking forward to the future

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Apr 06, 04:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You must have noticed that this thread is about guitar and not "Roger being hot"? There are enough stupid threads about the alleged hotness of the band members, it would be nice to leave other topics alone.


I do not want any google ads here.

Thanks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 615 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Apr 06, 16:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Scott_Mercury wrote:

Thanks wrote:

Scott_Mercury wrote:

A Fender telecaster has more of a twangy, country, rockibilly vibe...


That fuck nobody told Keith Richards, Bruce Springsteen, Prince, Rick Parfitt & Francis Rossi.


Keith Richards?? any distorted guitar playing you'd ever here from the Stones would be coming from Brian Jones, Mick Taylor, or Ron Wood....Keith's guitar sounds wuss, and when he was playing lead parts (Satisfaction for example) ...that was a Gibson 335 semi-hollowbody.

Bruce Springsteen plays enough guitar to write songs on it....but he is NOT a GUITARIST.... Stevie Van Zant (the real guitarist with Springsteen) has actually pissed Bruce off before by telling guitar magazines that most of the time, Bruce's telecaster isn't even plugged in.

Prince is a underated guitar player who is actually quite good. If you would will look (as in before running your mouth) you will see that while Prince's guitar **LOOKS** like a Telecaster, it is actually a Custom guitar, with single coil looking pickup's, but they are actually stacked humbuckers...made to sound heavy...like a Gibson SG or Les Paul..Prince does not play a Fender Telecaster. See the Nov. 1994 issue of Guitar World for details and pictures.

Meanwhile, here in the United States, if you watch a country video channel, 9 out of 10 videos, you will see the guitarist playing Telecasters.

Sure, no one guitar is suited for just one style of music.....FACT: Jimmy Page recorded Led Zeppelin 1 with a Fender Telecaster, while everyone presumes it was a Les Paul, or his double neck SG. It was not.

But The Fender Telecaster is not a guitar made for "metal"..... it leans on the country side...and speaking of Keef, who in my honest opinion is always severely overated... his playing is that of a country/Chuck Berry wannabe...

Keith Richards always ranks about 50 positions higher then Brian May on most "who's the best guitarist" survey's....and that my friend, is a fucking joke.


Hang on. For a start I wasn't "running my mouth", I was making the point that the Tele can be quite a versatile tool (just like me, you may think).

You said it could only do country/rockabilly, I pointed out some prominent users who do not sound anything like country/rockabilly, and your response is that Springsteen isn't that good a guitarist, Brian Jones was the good one in the Stones, Prince has had a custom guitar made & the Tele can't do "metal"???

Come on Scott, you can do better logic than that.

I can't immediately lay my hands on a 12 year old Guitar mag, but I'm willing to bet that Prince's first album was not recorded with a custom guitar. It may have been a Frankenstein, but it was AT LEAST based on a Tele.

Having seen the Stones live, I can vouch for the fact that some sort of Tele is playing the songs that Brian Jones & Mick Taylor donated in a non-country/rockabilly style.

Plus Status Quo do sound fairly....rocky don't they?

RETROLOVE user not visiting Queenzone.com
RETROLOVE
Deity: 2522 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Apr 06, 23:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YourValentine wrote:

You must have noticed that this thread is about guitar and not "Roger being hot"? There are enough stupid threads about the alleged hotness of the band members, it would be nice to leave other topics alone.


Oooooookay???

I guess someone's on her period today.....


You know Roger was hot in the video...YOU KNOW IT!!!!







Loving the pass, cherishing the present, and looking forward to the future