Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Who has been to freddie house?

forum rss feed
Author

Poo, again user not visiting Queenzone.com
Poo, again
Deity: 4776 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Apr 06, 16:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Aw, I'd really like to go... :(

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Jake? wrote: I want him to shove it down my throat and shoot. Shoot! Shoot! C'mon! SHOOT! SHOOT!

[/QUOTENAME]

[/QUOTE]

its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 06, 17:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Erm... yeah, that's me...
So anyway, yeah I have been many times and I never get bored of going. I still feel excited walking up his street, that feeling never tends to leave my body when I'm up there. It's just THE place to be to clear your thoughts and remember Freddie with.

Daburcor? user not visiting Queenzone.com
Daburcor?
Deity: 9478 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 06, 18:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why is it a shame? I mean, would you like it if someone came and wrote all over your doors?

"Elton John and I became really good friends. I don't mean 'good friends' in that sense. I just mean we slept together." -Billy Joel

Posted: 24 Apr 06, 19:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=&#FF00CC">Lil*Queenie wrote:

its not prettier or peaceful or exciting

It is for me. Maybe we just feel diffrent things, but I certainly feel excited and peaceful when I'm there.

MelinaMercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 358 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 06, 20:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

its very peaceful...and its marys house now x

"If you want your soul to find peace, go to Montreux." - Freddie Mercury

Posted: 24 Apr 06, 20:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ravenetta wrote:

lorenzo saw it! he showed me pictures!

Yeah, Lori told me he went 2 weeks ago. :D
Great news, the more the merrier!

luthorn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 609 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 06, 23:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just had dinner there the other night. Too bad nobody else was home:(

Freya is quietly judging you. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Meh.
Freya is quietly judging you.
Deity: 5913 posts

Posted: 25 Apr 06, 05:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've been once, it's a nice house.

Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2393 posts

Posted: 25 Apr 06, 06:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have to say it's not on to deface some ones property, why can't you respect Freddie and Mary and leave it the hell alone.

Go see it by all means by signing the door is pretty low these days. It's Mary's house you should respect that, personally I think she should put CCTV up and prosecute anyone caught doing this.

I am sure when you are old enough to own your own home there will be nothing you like more than having some fuck wit spray crap on your walls.

"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
smileexpert user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 138 posts

Posted: 25 Apr 06, 11:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have to agree with TOGG here.

I don't see the point of a) visiting the house more than once or b) putting ANY kind of graffiti on the house or walls or whatever.

I walked to the house in 2000, when I was in England (I was staying around the corner) but I only walked up - looked at the door - thought to myself 'Hmm...that's nice - Garden Lodge' - and turned around and got the hell out of there. We're talking 30-seconds MAX.

I think it's kind of pointless for people who 'religiously' go back to the house year after year because 'they have peace by going there' or other such nonsense. - I myself find peace by cracking a beer or bottle of wine and turning on a Queen cd. (IF anyone can logically tell me the difference in that - then go right ahead...otherwise, save your breath!)

Get a life people!! - enjoy the music, leave the house alone. Visiting the place and 'hanging out there' is stupid.

Go once - just to say you 'went'...and leave the house alone !

My 2 cents...for what it's worth

Posted: 25 Apr 06, 12:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

smileexpert wrote:

I walked to the house in 2000, when I was in England (I was staying around the corner) but I only walked up - looked at the door - thought to myself 'Hmm...that's nice - Garden Lodge' - and turned around and got the hell out of there. We're talking 30-seconds MAX.

LMAO. That was quick. I get what you all mean but still I can go past the street anytime I want. I dont see the harm and I don't DO ANY HARM. I just like to pay my respects every now and then and that's ONE of the ways of doing so. Is that a crime? Is it a crime me just walking up the street and paying my respects but not graffiting the propity? I think not. So no matter what anyone says I will still go. Thank you... Peace x

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 25 Apr 06, 12:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie was there few times too.

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 25 Apr 06, 12:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I went there once..

Poo, again user not visiting Queenzone.com
Poo, again
Deity: 4776 posts

Posted: 25 Apr 06, 12:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Smileexpert: Yes, I don't see why you should consider that your business? She's entitled to go visit the house as many times as she likes, and that goes for all of us.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Jake? wrote: I want him to shove it down my throat and shoot. Shoot! Shoot! C'mon! SHOOT! SHOOT!

[/QUOTENAME]

[/QUOTE]

Posted: 25 Apr 06, 12:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Erin wrote:

I went there once..

Did you take pictures? I have alot of those. :-)

Posted: 25 Apr 06, 12:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry... wrote:

Freddie was there few times too.

Yeah I would like to think that he is still around floating about, visting Mary and the kids. :-)

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 25 Apr 06, 12:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="#FF00CC">its_a_hard_life wrote:

Erin wrote:

I went there once..

Did you take pictures? I have alot of thoses. :-)

I took a few. Of course, I had to get one of myself in front of the door. It was getting dark when we went, and the pics didn't turn out great.

Posted: 25 Apr 06, 12:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Millionaire Waltz wrote:

Smileexpert: Yes, I don't see why you should consider that your business? She's entitled to go visit the house as many times as she likes, and that goes for all of us.

Thank you!!!! At last someone understands me.

bas asselbergs user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 212 posts

Posted: 25 Apr 06, 13:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i was INSIDE that magnificent house 3 years ago...and i really was surprised by the way it all looked in real....i had all the cats walking all over me in Freddies kitchen, Mary just had a new little doggy too...a golden retriever, and the kitchen was in a very modern fashion. Clean straight and practical, and it didn't fit to the rest of the house at all....but i asked Phoebe why that was like it was one day, and he told me that this kitchen was an exact replica of one of the kitchens Freddie once saw or had in a hotel in America, liked, and had it placed in his own house ! In a warm kind of ferrari red! The mews was beautiful...the pond and the magnolia tree...i've seen it all from the inside...and i'll never ever forget the sensation of letting my eyes absorb all that beauty...and feel the very special atmosphere in there....and the survant/housekeeper...she was fab ! She said that te cats NEVER came towards strangers ....and they were really all over me...she said that they only did that with Freddie...she had tears in her eyes when she saw that happening....very touching moments they were...As far as going to Logan Place is concerned...i always take the opportunity too to go back and see the change,..from Logan Place, into Logan Prison really.... (thanks to the very aggressive italian fanatics!)...that should never have happened...when Freddie lived there, it was a happy home...without infra red, barbed wire, camera's, security...and now that he longer is there himself...it al seems nescesary to have for Mary in order to be safe....or safer. I love that place...because Freddie was happy there...i also love the place he had in Montreux...i was there too and there was also this "different" energy around....goosepimples as i write this down....shivers down my spine.... Anyway...as long as people respect the property...i think it's okay for everyone to go there for their own reasons....

lifelong loyal and dedicated Queenfan.

Posted: 25 Apr 06, 13:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bas asselbergs wrote:

Anyway...as long as people respect the property...i think it's okay for everyone to go there for their own reasons....

Exactly, thanks you understand what I mean.
Also, how the hell did you come to have the chance to be INSIDE Garden Lodge? WOW....