Forums > Queen - General Discussion > what drew you in?

forum rss feed
Author

skiqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 678 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Apr 06, 17:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

what song, music video or experience made u like queen?

this came to mind because my mom told me that when i was two, we were over at someones house and they put on the im going slightly mad music video and i just sat and stared at the tv and ive been addicted to them ever since! im just curious how the rest of u have gotten to love queen

"Boredom is the biggest disease in the whole world, darling."

Unfortunately, I have it.

Carol! the Musical user not visiting Queenzone.com
Carol! the Musical
Deity: 5934 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 06, 17:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My dad bought ANATO for us. I thought it was weird, and I ignored it at first. But it gradually started getting more and more attention, until I got sucked into the world of Queen! :D

-Things Have Changed For Me-
PlanetMercury15 user not visiting Queenzone.com
PlanetMercury15
Bohemian: 202 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 06, 17:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, in elementary school the champions was our mascot/slogan thing and we were called the champions so they played We Are The Champions on the intercom at the end of each year and we all did the We Will Rock You stomp on the bleachers (I didn't know the song then but I followed along lol) and I heard Bohemian Rhapsody on the radio with Mom and my cousin and Another One Bites the Dust when I was little so last September 2005 I bought their greatest hits :o)

"This is not cheap meat you're looking at!"

"One shrimp, one frog, one clam, one chicken!"

- Freddie Mercury
zone user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 261 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 06, 17:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

1979 I bought the Jazz album by the end of the week I had them all.

Sherwood Forest user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3547 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 06, 17:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

its was just always there for me
like i dont mean my parents or anyone always played it as i gre up but like it was just always there.
Idk how because No One around me listened to it ever it wwas always around me u know what i dont really know how it happened

One should ANALize the Poetry on page 43, when Oedipus is rollin' in his benzo and he has to bust a cap on some flagrants in the under city

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/image/essay/1
Carol! the Musical

Posted: 24 Apr 06, 18:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

zone wrote:

1979 I bought the Jazz album by the end of the week I had them all.

Who-ooo-oa, you're serious? :-S

mayniac316 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1291 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 06, 18:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've always liked their music, since I was like 4 and heard "WWRY" on the radio. My sister taught me the words. After that I tried to fit in with all the other kids and listened to their music. But no one liked me anyway, no matter how hard I tried... so that's when I went back to Queen. There's also something attatched to Queen that really drew me in, but it's really personal and I'd rather not share it. Brian drew me in too. All that curly hair! I used to think that he was Freddie Mercury and the guy with the 'stache was Brian May.

it was electric7 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 709 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 06, 18:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I searched for Queen on yahoo music cause I liked the name...I was like wow Queen sounds like a cool band name...this was only about like a year and a half ago accually and so I see they have a song Bohemian Rhapsody and I'm like...wow what a weird name let me listen to it so I watch the music video and I instantly fall in love with Freddie and the song just was the most amazing thing I had ever heard and it made me cry just listening to it...and ever since then...I LOVE QUEEN!!!!!!<3

Posted: 24 Apr 06, 18:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

CHINESEDOG TORTURE WROTE-Who-ooo-oa, you're serious? :-S

Yeah I've been into these guys for a long time.First time I seen them I was 15 on the game tour.

Hippolyte user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 351 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 06, 19:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I watched Live at Wembley and the Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert when I was little, and they hooked me for life.

its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 06, 19:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What got me in to Queen was Bohemian Rhapsody one day on VH1 then shortly after that there was a 2 hour documentry which caught my heart and I was amazed at how GREAT and AWESOME this band was. I remember saying to myself, "WOW, look at the dude on the piano with the black nail vanish and black flicked eyeliner!" then I would look at Brian and say, "OMG this guy is so handsome, his hair JUST LOOK AT HIS HAIR!" I fell in love with him instantly. I thought to myself when I looked at John, "Awww he's so diffrent from the others he doesn't look comfortable in what he is wearing." and really I have read in one of my Queen biographys that John didn't agree with most of the things Freddie suggested they wore on stage because it was camp, really.
To be honest they don't show much of Roger in Bohemian Rhapsody but when they did I first noticed he looked abit nervous for some reason. Overall I was so blown away by this band, that I looked in to there history straight away and got hooked ever since....

No one got me in to Queen as such. VH1 did. =D

Carol! the Musical

Posted: 24 Apr 06, 19:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

zone wrote:

Yeah I've been into these guys for a long time.First time I seen them I was 15 on the game tour.

That's so cool! :D

as it began user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 222 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 06, 21:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

When I saw the song Killer Queen being played on vh1's I Love The 70s, something in my mind just clicked with the music and I loved it. It changed the way I looked at music as a whole.

it was electric7 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 709 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 06, 21:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No one got me into Queen either, I searched for them myself..and I have to say, it makes me feel just a WEE bit special :)

I knew almost every famous rock band except for Queen...which in the end worked out for the better!

skiqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 678 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 06, 21:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ChinesedogTorture wrote:

zone wrote:

That's so cool! :D

omg that must have been awesome......how was it?

"Boredom is the biggest disease in the whole world, darling."

Unfortunately, I have it.

its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 06, 21:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

it was electric7 wrote:

No one got me into Queen either, I searched for them myself..and I have to say, it makes me feel just a WEE bit special :)

Exactly how I feel. I feel proud and a little bit special if I must say. :)

That guy who digs energy domes user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5020 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 06, 21:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I, uhh, *Borrowed* my parents Greatest hit CD and I dont have intent of returning

Freedom of choice is what you've got

Freedom from choice is what you want

http://queen4ever.19.forumer.com/index.php
DreaminQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1382 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 06, 21:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mayniac316 wrote:

I've always liked their music, since I was like 4 and heard "WWRY" on the radio. My sister taught me the words. After that I tried to fit in with all the other kids and listened to their music. But no one liked me anyway, no matter how hard I tried... so that's when I went back to Queen. There's also something attatched to Queen that really drew me in, but it's really personal and I'd rather not share it. Brian drew me in too. All that curly hair! I used to think that he was Freddie Mercury and the guy with the 'stache was Brian May.

I remember being about 4 too when i hear WWRY on the radio and at some baseball games near my house and on rides home i would always try and do the stomp and clap thing...
And then I saw Waynes World when i was about 7 and loving the song then and remembering hearing the song before...
Hearing Bicycle Race on Americans Funniest Home Videos and singing it for weeks on end with my mum...
And hearing Under Pressure and ANOBTD on movies and stuff...

And then in 8th grade my friend keep telling me about them and the minute she named the songs i was like OMG!!! i know them!!! And Ive just gone deeper into the world ever since...

But there are also some other very personal reasons too for me, so i can relate mayniac316....

Posted: 24 Apr 06, 22:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

SKIQUEEN WROTE-omg that must have been awesome......how was it?

It was so long ago I only remember bits. I saw them again in 82 with Hot Space.I do remember looking over at my Buddy and his jaw was hanging in amazement at what we were watching, it was two of the best shows I've ever seen and to have seen Freddie twice I do feel very lucky

RETROLOVE user not visiting Queenzone.com
RETROLOVE
Deity: 2522 posts

Posted: 24 Apr 06, 22:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For me:

I think it was that wild night back in like 1979 in chicago, when I made love to all four members of Queen in my hotel room (yes, even Freddie, I turned him straight for one night). Let me tell you, I was tired that morning,(my joints were really sore from, well, you know what :) but I was sitting up in my bed, like, you know what, I'm a Queen fan for life...

and no, I wont tell you who was the best in the sack, lol...

Loving the pass, cherishing the present, and looking forward to the future